ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Jackson 4.49 at the Combine

Looks like NFL.com is showing his official time at 4.56. From that video, he looks like he popped upright right away too, so he's definitely a bit faster when not forced to run a drill.

Reactions: Hawks_Rock_12
Looks like NFL.com is showing his official time at 4.56. From that video, he looks like he popped upright right away too, so he's definitely a bit faster when not forced to run a drill.
Agree, his start didn't look good at all but once he gets moving he's got speed.

So, scouts are excited about a 4.49, but not so much with a 4.6? Eleven hundredths of a second difference? Wow.

Reactions: onionman1
I don't care how he looked in drills. We all saw Josh Jackson play the actual game of football, not run around without pads on. As a Chiefs fan, I would have no problem with them taking JJ in the 1st round to replace Marcus Peters.

Reactions: Pigskin48 and nu2u
As a Chiefs fan I'd be concerned but i do think he could play that off "man" kind of zone that Peters played on the left....as long as he does well in 3 cone that will help remove some of the back pedal drills

I believe I saw what he wanted to run a while ago and this is exactly where he wanted to be. He literally made millions in less than 5 seconds. Hopefully he's the top corner drafted. Commentators compare him to Marcus Peters. Way to go Josh
I hope their talking about Peters ball skills, and not his baggage. The Chiefs literally had too unload one of the top young DB talents in the league, because the guy couldn't check himself......:eek:

I don't care how he looked in drills. We all saw Josh Jackson play the actual game of football, not run around without pads on. As a Chiefs fan, I would have no problem with them taking JJ in the 1st round to replace Marcus Peters.

I'd love for the Chiefs to get him so could see him play more often but every mock draft I've seen has him drafted by 18. The Chiefs would need to trade up for him if they want him.

He is not looking good in the foot speed drills
Teams that have a high interest in Jackson can watch about 10 hours of game film if they have questions about his quickness. A one minute drill isn't going to change a damn thing.

Teams that have a high interest in Jackson can watch about 10 hours of game film if they have questions about his quickness. A one minute drill isn't going to change a damn thing.

It probably shouldn't change anything but it can. Players move up and down boards due to combine. If he doesn't test well in the 3 cone and shuttles teams may really begin to question change of direction and quickness.

Look at all the tape that Dez put out and teams questioned him in the NFL whether right or wrong.

When it gets to the draft it only takes one team to love him and take him.

Anyone remember Des King and how this past season went for him and how he didn't look as good in his PJs at the combine?? We saw JJ in games against top competition shutting stuff down.

Denzel Ward ran a 4.32. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked before Josh. Hopefully teams look at the results ON the field when drafting

I heard usain bolt is declaring for the draft.
31 teams are looking to trade up to draft him!!
It's gonna be all out war to get him......

Reactions: dbleagle1
Denzel Ward ran a 4.32. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked before Josh. Hopefully teams look at the results ON the field when drafting
This very well could happen but i'm guessing it will be something like 14th and 15th type off deal

Denzel Ward was outstanding on the field this year. Drafting him ahead of Jackson is not difficult to defend, just as it is the other way around

That’s absolutely a sickening fast time.. I am a bit shocked with Wadley’s .40 time though as he had to have an off day.. as stated with Wad is he’s more “quick and elusive” but he sure in the hell never looked slow blowing by defenses in the BT..

I believe I saw what he wanted to run a while ago and this is exactly where he wanted to be. He literally made millions in less than 5 seconds. Hopefully he's the top corner drafted. Commentators compare him to Marcus Peters. Way to go Josh

How many times have we seen guys who run a fast 40 time be irrelevant in the NFL? So, going from a 4.49 to 4.56 is a big deal? When are these goofs going to learn that the numbers are just a small part of the equation.........time and time again guys who didn't have "numbers" at the combine become pro bowlers. Unfortunately, tv has to have drama to keep us lemmings glued to the set. So, they have to point out how terrible it is for someone to go from a 4.49 to a 4.56.......and, we eat it up like it is actually a relevant thing (including the PC)............Just ridiculous.

Can you find this in a drill?

Wadley+-+ISU+-+Rec+TD.gif

Or how about this?

MintyColossalCassowary-size_restricted.gif

Oops, missed him

KwT8B5.gif

Hopefully JJ won't be the Dez of this year?
Not that it mattered in the long run for Dez, of course.

My memory sucks sometimes, but I don’t recall dez being mentioned for first round. I thought it was always late second to early third. Of course, he fell to the 5th. So if you mean josh dropping to the late second early 3rd, could happen I guess. Would be a steal for someone.

Reactions: Tim Dodge Rules
Hopefully JJ won't be the Dez of this year?
Not that it mattered in the long run for Dez, of course.
This. I think some teams are starting to figure out "Iowa Guys". Don't impress in the shorts and tees but put the pads on, and their well schooled football players who come in ready to contribute day one. I think Jackson will go in the first couple of rounds, and Jewell in round 4 or 5 , which is where he was probably going to go all along. Both will have solid careers barring injury.

The only comments a person hears now are all from the media not GM's or Coaches so all the comments till after draft are just opinions of people just like us.

It looks like Jackson performed quite well in timed agility drills. Besting his Mayock comp of Marcus Peters in almost all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT