ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Ogundele

I'm happy for him that he contributed during the win...he deserves it for sticking it out! However, I haven't seen anything that makes me think he can be a big contributor, yet. One player made a post move right around him, and he seemed a little lost on offense. He seems like a good kid, maybe he'll make a step forward next year.

Reactions: Ronman
Don't imagine we will see much of Kris guarding the fives if Josh or Riley can give Filip solid back up minutes.

Perhaps Josh's career will blossom or not, but we do know this much about the kid. In the biggest moment in Iowa basketball in the last 16 years, just as Purdue's size was wearing us down, Josh was called on to be better than he had heretofore been and he met the occasion with his best play ever. Enough to slow Purdue's inside game and save crucial fouls. Well done.

The play I loved was when Edey slammed his backside into Josh 3-4 times to back him down and he didn't give an inch.
Displacement needs to be called more. You can’t displace and most of the time I see it happening at the college level it ends up getting called against the defender and that isn’t right. Especially when they exhibit a legal guarding position!

Reactions: FranklinHawk
Big O definitely made some big plays, and I think he also played well in the first Purdon't game. He can be effective against other enormous centers, who are that quick. There still is time for him to develop, but I have serious doubts that he will ever earn starter minutes. He has shown signs of being a decent back up with the right match ups.

I have no idea what to think of Mulvey yet, except I wish he had redshirt.

Reactions: laro1986
About the only issue JoshO had was letting the Purdue bigs get a drop step on him a couple of times. Josh was too upright without the knee flex and solid athletic position to react and move quick to cut off those types of moves. But someone will coach him up on that.

Big O definitely made some big plays, and I think he also played well in the first Purdon't game. He can be effective against other enormous centers, who are that quick. There still is time for him to develop, but I have serious doubts that he will ever earn starter minutes. He has shown signs of being a decent back up with the right match ups.

I have no idea what to think of Mulvey yet, except I wish he had redshirt.
Not sure why, but I always forget Big O is 6’11. Doesn’t seem that big in the game, but going against a guy 7’4” makes it easy to look short!

Displacement needs to be called more. You can’t displace and most of the time I see it happening at the college level it ends up getting called against the defender and that isn’t right. Especially when they exhibit a legal guarding position!
Wish Josh would have moved out of the way the third slam, and watch Edey fall on the floor.

That explain why he is not in the best of shape. He got Dawg A tired real quickly...
Curious on his condition. Hope he is over what ails him.
They does explain the in season weight gain if he wasn’t able to condition properly. My mind immediately jumps to a previously undiagnosed heart condition(pure speculation) when a player mentions a possible career ending ailment.

Reactions: hawktech
Can't give Josh enough credit for his work yesterday in helping win a Big Ten title. That play where he kept Edey in the lane for 7 seconds, just long enough for the refs to call "3 seconds" for the 2nd time I've seen this season, was HUGE. The four points were awesome. It's great to know Iowa can go 12 deep and beat the #9 team in the country. There's no doubt you spell team I - O - W - A.
Is 7 seconds the new 3 seconds? Asking for Kofi.

But what was even better was that Josh got into his head, and he wasn’t nearly as effective the rest of the game. I saw the anger and frustration on Edeys face.

I think it was just his regular face. Woof.

9515222.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Yeah....let's not get too crazy high about Josh. Yes, he gave some good minutes and made a nice contribution. And perhaps this medical condition was a major setback. That all said....assuming he's healthy now AND serious about his basketball career....he will need to drop 25 pounds and work really hard to refine his game. His conditioning looks to be horrible and he appears lost a lot on the court. I wish him all the best for health and steady improvement.

I must say, his minutes in this game were absolutely huge. His big body was able to bang with the Purdue boys and save Kris and Filip from fouling out. I was hoping all year he would be able to get these type of minutes, but it just hadn't worked out and the team is clicking and he was ready when his number was called. One of those things that kida gets over seen in the win. Hoping this is a spark for the remainder of his career as a HAWKEYE.
He gone! 😎

ADVERTISEMENT