ADVERTISEMENT

Juan Harris

His next move should be to study harder in Language Arts class. Maybe get the definition of commitment correct.

Would schools even keep their offers open at this point? Doesn't seem like it'd be worth letting him take up a class spot when he's so wishy washy.

How's he doing in HS ball this year anyway?

Does anyone think Kirk would take Juan? He could be a great player, but he could also be a locker room headcase.

I could see kf offering him a grey shirt and make him "earn it" but the chances of Juan ever playing D1 football are slim to none. Dudes going to end up living a shitty life. Which is sad.

I watched that ind vs neb game yesterday and walked away impressed as hell with that ind DC. That guy is going to have Indy playing stout D withen a couple years if he doesn't get poached. I would be willing to bet he laid out the expectations for Juan and per usual Juan couldnt cut it or knew he wasn't going to be able to cut it.

Reactions: nu2u
Sounds like the kid needs a mentor. Mentor and needs to get healthy.
William Ennis-Inge, a former Hawkeye, is a coach at Indiana and I thought he may be able to help serve as a mentor for Juan. No doubt that Juan needs a positive adult in his life. It's easy to ridicule Juan, but it will be truly be a sad story if he can't get things figured out.

Sounds like a million to juan odds he even goes to school.. Hope he gets things figured out and get his Stuff together.. Hate to waste a platform that could be so beneficial to your furture., so if your weight has gotta go down and your grads need to go up better get it done...

Last edited:
Reactions: CAhawki
Signing day at Juan's house...

1*n0HfucHnh8b4nFKBrHwRwA.png

who-invented-rock-paper-scissors.png

Salesman+throwing+a+dart.jpg

I've never seen a drama like this, I would stay FAR FAR away from him. He is the type that could literally step foot on campus in August and be transferring out by October.

I've never seen a drama like this, I would stay FAR FAR away from him. He is the type that could literally step foot on campus in August and be transferring out by October.
There was a 4 star Te prospect(Chris Clark) a couple of years ago that committed to around 4 different schools..think he has transferred twice as well.

Sound like a million to juan odds he even goes to school.. Hope he gets things figured out and get his Stuff together.. Hate to waste a platform that could be so beneficial to your furture., so if your weight has gotta go down and your grade need to go up better getta it done...
I see what you did there.

William Ennis-Inge, a former Hawkeye, is a coach at Indiana and I thought he may be able to help serve as a mentor for Juan. No doubt that Juan needs a positive adult in his life. It's easy to ridicule Juan, but it will be truly be a sad story if he can't get things figured out.
He should go to a good small school. It doesn't seem like he would handle the spotlight well, but he should have the opportunity to get a good education and play ball at a place like UNI or NDSU (where he can still possibly develop into a draft pick if he keeps his head up and works hard).

WTH. How does decommitting translate into not having a positive adult in his life?

WTH. How does decommitting translate into not having a positive adult in his life?

I never made a claim to a direct correlation that you are asserting.

However, it's rather obvious that if you have never had a positive adult influence in your life you are much less likely to be able to make coherent decisions. Not saying it's not possible or that many others have not overcome this detriment, but to say that this is not a factor in this case is absurd.

This kid reminds me of a kid I played with down at a university in the southeast. The kid de-committed a few times before landing at Miami. Was kicked off the team for grades and poor work ethic (locker room stuff) landed at my university (smaller university ball). Became an absolute star at RB just destroying the competition, was getting serious SEC & ACC interest before getting himself kicked off our team for grades and behavior issues. Friend off mine who spent 6 years on NFL practice squads told me he was the best RB he has ever seen including NFL guys but is now 50lbs overweight and living in Miami Gardens (bad neighborhood), is the father of several kids from different women and hasn't held a job for a few years. I hope this isn't Juan's story but is an example of if your head is too big it can be your undoing. Nothing is given to you, you still need to work your butt off.

I've seen him play once and watched his highlight tape and neither impressed me. (Not that he needed to) I always think it's a little strange when there is one highlight out of numerous games against good opponents. He really should take a good look at one of the D2/3 schools.

Four decommits is a sign he needs some better guidance in his life.

I'm glad he announced he'll wait until signing day. No chance of decommiting then.

Well, I guess he could announce a school on signing day, not sign a NLI, and then decommit.

Four decommits is a sign he needs some better guidance in his life.

I'm glad he announced he'll wait until signing day. No chance of decommiting then.

Well, I guess he could announce a school on signing day, not sign a NLI, and then decommit.

You have got to be kidding.

We're talking about a 18 year old kid. Maybe he has guidance and is not listening. Kids make stupid decisions all the time, how the hell does that mean they don't have a positive adult in their life. That is an absolutely ridiculous claim. Ridiculous.

You have got to be kidding.

We're talking about a 18 year old kid. Maybe he has guidance and is not listening. Kids make stupid decisions all the time, how the hell does that mean they don't have a positive adult in their life. That is an absolutely ridiculous claim. Ridiculous.

Jaun has a troubled home life. Not easy for the kid.

You can have all the ridiculous thoughts you like. Four decommits isn't a small thing, its not like he made one knee-jerk bad decision.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT