ADVERTISEMENT

Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson is among the leading candidates to succeed Justice Breyer.

I’m trying to recall the same facts as you...Reagan being boxed in and forced?
Sandra Day O’Connor not qualified? Well, we know she had a tough start after graduating with honors from Stanford. Her experience was not so different from RBG’s in trying to even find a job in a field that was always a boys club. You have an issue with groundbreaking women?
Good Lord, I was responding to Trad. How many times have I been threatened here by a woman in any circumstance?
And, yes, Reagan needed to boost his credentials with moderate women.

I’m trying to recall the same facts as you...Reagan being boxed in and forced?
Sandra Day O’Connor not qualified? Well, we know she had a tough start after graduating with honors from Stanford. Her experience was not so different from RBG’s in trying to even find a job in a field that was always a boys club. You have an issue with groundbreaking women?
Lol - talk about missing the point. JFC.

Translator?
no-thank-you-tracy-jordan.gif

Reactions: globalhawk
Good Lord, I was responding to Trad. How many times have I been threatened here by a woman in any circumstance?
And, yes, Reagan needed to boost his credentials with moderate women.
Oh. You didn’t specify that in your response.
“Needing to boost credentials with moderate women” and being boxed in are a bit different.
But carry on...🤨

What’s funny about the black woman thing is that minorities face a ton of discrimination in the Circuit level nomination process because both sides are worried about them being nominees for the Supreme Court.

Look at how Republicans voted last time Brown Jackson was nominated. Look at what the Democrats did to Miguel Estrada.

Reactions: cigaretteman
How many of those had law degrees and a resume to pass a Senate confirmation? That's the real pool of potential appointees.
If anything that’s a testament to her credentials and ambition. It’s probably a different story with younger Millennials and Gen Z’ers, but for a Black Woman who spent the bulk of her formative years in the 80s and 90s, she had a higher hill to climb than white women or even males of color. In other words, she did something right to get where she is today. This isn’t the Noem family we’re talking about here.

She looks great and will bring a new perspective to the court that definitely needs some new perspectives. She most certainly follows the traditional model of being qualified

Curious though why we only get Harvard and Yale law graduates. Seems like a bigger problem from a diversity standpoint than anything else. All trained under the same models of thinking. It isn't like there aren't other tremendously qualified people from law schools that aren't Harvard or Yale.

She looks great and will bring a new perspective to the court that definitely needs some new perspectives. She most certainly follows the traditional model of being qualified

Curious though why we only get Harvard and Yale law graduates. Seems like a bigger problem from a diversity standpoint than anything else. All trained under the same models of thinking. It isn't like there aren't other tremendously qualified people from law schools that aren't Harvard or Yale.

I brought up the Ivy League connection a few years back.

Reactions: Tfxchawk
Sorry I’m late. Is the thread already full of people swearing to know whether or not this is a great or terrible pick yet? Confirm her and let’s move on.

In the corporate world you are advised to not publicize that you are hiring one based on a specific gender or race, but apparently the POTUS can openly do it and be applauded for it. Just say you are going to hire the best qualified. I think it is demeaning to those hired and those not even given an opportunity.
LOL's. Biden will be doing a much wider search than the Republican equivalent who is ONLY going to consider a politically reliable Federalist Society Hack,.

• Haha
Reactions: EasyHawk
P
LOL's. Biden will be doing a much wider search than the Republican equivalent who is ONLY going to consider a politically reliable Federalist Society Hack,.

Do even realize the irony in your comment given Biden's stated parameters?

More discrimination....

I guess he didn't learn his lesson from picking Kamala.
Derp.

She was confirmed to the appeals court in June by a 53-to-44 vote. All 50 members of the Democratic caucus voted for her, as did three Republican senators: Susan Collins of Maine, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska. Three Republicans did not vote.

Judge Jackson, who clerked for Justice Breyer during the Supreme Court’s 1999-2000 term, was born in Washington, D.C., and grew up in Miami. She graduated from Harvard College and Harvard Law School.

Derp.

She was confirmed to the appeals court in June by a 53-to-44 vote. All 50 members of the Democratic caucus voted for her, as did three Republican senators: Susan Collins of Maine, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska. Three Republicans did not vote.

Judge Jackson, who clerked for Justice Breyer during the Supreme Court’s 1999-2000 term, was born in Washington, D.C., and grew up in Miami. She graduated from Harvard College and Harvard Law School.
Pfffft...Harvard. They don't even have a good football team.

ADVERTISEMENT