ADVERTISEMENT

Judge unseals detailed inventory of classified materials seized from Mar-a-Lago

If you didn't take offense from what was said and presented last night, you are no better than those that stood and applauded in Germany in the '30s. It seems you just admitted it.

I did not take offense to what Biden said because I agree with him that we need to take back our country from the extremists and stop letting them run over the rest of us. That is the opposite of what the Germans did back in the 30's. Nice try though.

I think u have this place confused with a Court of Law. It's the DOJ and intelligence services that are just now beginning to piece together what the history of these and other documents entail.
Weird that process happens to coincide with election season.

So is this particularly egregious? Or is it pretty commonplace for humans to transport, handle and store top secret docs like this?

I'd say it's egregious and commonplace in both the digital and physical security side of things. I personally don't deal in govt. top secret but know people that do and it's pretty surprising what they've seen. No one should do it. I'm not excusing it. Just saying it happens on a scale that I think the average joe would be surprised by.

If you didn't take offense from what was said and presented last night, you are no better than those that stood and applauded in Germany in the '30s. It seems you just admitted it.

Are you nuts? Why would I be offended that Biden had harsh words directed at these people?

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F170812092920-03-charlottesville-white-supremacists-0811-restricted.jpg

63a65979-25ec-47bd-9746-81cfda2d86c4.jpg

Trump could have given the documents back. Not hidden them from the Feds etc etc. But that's all the DOJ's fault.
It really depends on the nature of the items. If these are personal gifts and correspondence, then clearly going to this length to retrieve them was unnecessary and politically motivated.

The idea that Trump himself is there packing up a uhaul and deciding what to bring seems far fetched to me. Far more likely that he literally was planning on staying, had to move out in a hurry, and his team just sloppily boxed up everything, including classified documents, on their way out. Trump being the slob he is I bet doesn’t even know what he has.

The other possibility in my mind is that he has blackmail info on people that he wants to leverage in a future campaign. That seems in character for him. Much more likely than selling out the country IMO.

But the idea that all of this activity is happening right before the election is just too convenient. Clearly the campaign theme for the Dem midterms is run against MAGA.

Is having empty folders a crime now? It’s possible there wasn’t ever anything in the folders but good to know they got his time magazines and playboys… Cracker Jack FBI agents we got there.
... Either that or perhaps there is some double counting going on here. They seem to have been rushing this process, and I doubt that they matched un-foldered documents with their appropriate folders.

It really depends on the nature of the items. If these are personal gifts and correspondence, then clearly going to this length to retrieve them was unnecessary and politically motivated.

The idea that Trump himself is there packing up a uhaul and deciding what to bring seems far fetched to me. Far more likely that he literally was planning on staying, had to move out in a hurry, and his team just sloppily boxed up everything, including classified documents, on their way out. Trump being the slob he is I bet doesn’t even know what he has.

The other possibility in my mind is that he has blackmail info on people that he wants to leverage in a future campaign. That seems in character for him. Much more likely than selling out the country IMO.

But the idea that all of this activity is happening right before the election is just too convenient. Clearly the campaign theme for the Dem midterms is run against MAGA.
Always conspiracy with team delusion. Decipher the facts and timeline to refute yourself.

Reactions: EasyHawk and torbee

It should not matter if it is convenient or not from an election standpoint. According to what has been reported, there have been attempts to retrieve these documents for more than a year. In typical Trump fashion, he has delayed and delayed while claiming he is cooperating. I do believe that this is an opportunity for the GOP to distance themselves from Trump. So far, they have squandered those opportunities.

If Trump handled these documents inappropriately, he should be served with appropriate punishment. However, those orgasming over this "huge" issue of maybe having notes he shouldn't have had watched one of the most horrific speeches since Hitler last night and not only remain quiet but praise it.
OMG please never change. Every online forum needs its village idiot, and I daresay you may be the best, most consistent one on the entire internet.

Is having empty folders a crime now? It’s possible there wasn’t ever anything in the folders but good to know they got his time magazines and playboys… Cracker Jack FBI agents we got there.
What do the words in this sentence mean to you?

Investigators seized from Trump's office seven documents marked "top secret."

You realize if Trump had turned over the items requested many months ago, it wouldn't have been "right before the election" right?

He, and he alone, had control over the timing. All he had to do is not lie and to comply. He lied. He did not comply. And now he's in trouble.

The left can almost taste the red meat in this thread. Anything, please god (wait, most of you are nihilists), anything to arrest Trump.
I agree.. anything to arrest him. Especially little things like leading a revolt to subvert a legal presidential election... Or stealing classified government documents... Or lying to the American people... Or threatening state officials to lie on his behalf. Or maybe he just get impeached twice. Oh wait, that has happened. Lock him up... Lock him up..

Now trying to get others to take the fall for him? Either way, he still had many months to return the document IF that is what indeed happened.

The boxes with classified info found at Mar-a-Lago may have ended up there because White House aides were secretly packing while Trump insisted he wouldn't have to leave​

• In the chaos after the 2020 election, White House aides were secretly packing Trump's boxes.
  • Classified materials may have made their way to Mar-A-Lago amidst the kerfuffle.
  • Ex-Trump officials told the New York Times they didn't recall ever seeing classified material going into boxes.
Aides to then-President Donald Trump were frantically and secretly packing the president's things behind his back at the end of his presidency because Trump insisted he wouldn't be leaving the White House after the 2020 election, per a report by the New York Times.

It's the latest media reporting about the chaotic transition from the Trump administration to the Biden administration, one that now is at the center of an unprecedented federal criminal investigation of the former president.

According to the Times, the former Trump officials who were interviewed said they didn't recall ever seeing classified material going into boxes. But several of the people said that the packing had to happen in secret "to avoid being ordered to stop by Mr. Trump, who continued to assert that he had won the election."

NBC News reported in August that once Trump realized his time as commander-in-chief was up, he hurriedly stuffed document after document into banker boxes and shipped them to his Palm Beach estate. Politico last month cited former aides who said the Oval Office and an adjacent private dining room only got packed up the weekend before Trump left the White House.

"In my entire time of briefing President Bush, he asked to keep only one thing, which was a chart of those responsible for 9/11, which he then, when we captured or killed somebody on that list, he would cross off," Michael J. Morell, former deputy director of the C.I.A. and an agency analyst who delivered President George W. Bush's daily intelligence briefing, told the New York Times.

It really depends on the nature of the items. If these are personal gifts and correspondence, then clearly going to this length to retrieve them was unnecessary andll politically motivated.

Did u see how these items are marked. You'd have to be a blind attorney. Not to know they were marked classified. It's a completely binary decision. It's either classified and stays. Or it's not classified and can be taken.
Trump dragged his feet and gasp lied multiple times to conceal items he knew the government wanted. If they wanted maximum impact should have waited another month. Make sure it just doesn't become another o well he's a criminal. What else is new.

Reactions: lucas80 and torbee

Really? timing is your concern? Trump is doing unethical/criminal activity 24/7, his entire life but timing is your concern. WTF.

Really? timing is your concern? Trump is doing unethical/criminal activity 24/7, his entire life but timing is your concern. WTF.
If the administration has sent the FBI to manufacture an issue for the election, when its just a matter of Trump wanting to keep his Kim Jong Un love letters, then that is a huge, unprecedented abuse of power.

If Trump has blackmail on Macron (for example) that he intends to sell or leverage, then yeah he is going to get locked up. It's pretty messed up either way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT