ADVERTISEMENT

Judo & Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Thread

He would have been better suited to use something other than his face to break his fall.

FAAFO

noted-note.gif

Solid advice....

This is why I want to get my girls involved in BJJ. if you can get inside the punches, you can completely dominant anyone who isn't a wrestler.

Start them early, if you can. I wasn't good because I was new and really out of shape at the time so I tapped to pretty much everyone but some of the females were tougher to roll with than a lot of the guys. The best ones were small but there was a nurse who was around 5 foot 8 or so who would destroy 98% of most guys who don't train as well as a high percentage of guys who do. She was only a blue belt at the time.

Start them early, if you can. I wasn't good because I was new and really out of shape at the time so I tapped to pretty much everyone but some of the females were tougher to roll with than a lot of the guys. The best ones were small but there was a nurse who was around 5 foot 8 or so who would destroy 98% of most guys who don't train as well as a high percentage of guys who do. She was only a blue belt at the time.

There's a young woman a little smaller than that walking around Iowa City that is still in possession of arm.

I got them into Karate, they just started, but seem to enjoy it. To date haven't shown much of competitive drive in sports, but Im seeing signs in the last year or so. Their no pics mom is crazy competitive (refused to leave the pool hall on Saturday until she beat me, went 2-7, but beat me twice and was THEN ready to leave) so we've been waiting to see it appear in the girls. Would love to get the girls into BJJ and would probably take classes myself.

The BJJ Grandma is on YT. Here is a video with her rolling in class which doesn't look like much to an observer, if you've never done it, but an eye opener the first time you do. She competes too. At around 40 seconds, she is going full speed in a competition against someone bigger and a lot younger than her. This is really impressive.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Ten years ago there was an early 70s black belt in Clearwater who regularly competed. He was very good. The best brown and purple belts, all far younger, would roll with him every class and he held his own. If they beat him, he made them earn it. He taught the early morning class and then would be back 12 hours later for the regular class as a participant.

Jiu Jitsu Grandma kicks ass - Rock 'n' Roll Series - Ep 1 - Emzfit

Woman is a body builder and doesn't appear to have bjj or judo training. However, she succeeded in defending herself.

VIDEO: Woman fights off attacker in Tampa gym

Watch: Florida woman fights off gym attacker

The one thing I remember about Royce was that he would hand out belt promotions to more than a few people attending his seminars. That can’t be comfortable going back to your school and wondering about wearing your new belt.

Royce Gracie: Mastering Jiu-Jitsu & Defying Odds | Undeniable with Joe Buck

81 year old black belt…..started training 28 years ago with Relson Gracie.

Best speech after receiving a Brazilian jujitsu black belt at the age of 81 years old

Last edited:
I remember Brazilian jiu jitsu day in basic training. One of the drill instructors completely choke held another one until he passed out.

My battle buddy was a former wrestler and super strong. He whooped my ass.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT