ADVERTISEMENT

Julie Waggoner and Maurice Goodson

A

anon_89hvcc2uyzmki

On Murph and Andy show right now. Both well spoken and passionate. This aint over yet.

Kevin Warren had 5 months to come up with a plan that eased the minds of these Big 10 Presidents in regards to safety and football.

Doubt he can come up with something now just cause some parents get a hold of him complaining.

Hope I am wrong but this ship has sailed.

All I'm saying is if BIG sticks to their decision and SEC, Big 12 and others successfully get football season in this fall you might as well kiss the Big ten conference goodbye. It won't survive.
I'll believe either of those things when I see it. The BIG has been around 116 years. Their not going away because of this, and if thats the case how would that benefit anyone even the conferences who don't play?

Depending on their haircuts, I'm assuming talk to University President and BOR's managers?

Steve-Carell-Clap-Wow.gif

Kevin Warren had 5 months to come up with a plan that eased the minds of these Big 10 Presidents in regards to safety and football.

Doubt he can come up with something now just cause some parents get a hold of him complaining.

Hope I am wrong but this ship has sailed.
You understand that things change. For example, if people would have stayed home or wore a mask when going out, this country is in a very different place than in currently is in. Hell, we still haven't got out of the initial outbreak when other countries are preparing for the second wave.

You understand that things change. For example, if people would have stayed home or wore a mask when going out, this country is in a very different place than in currently is in. Hell, we still haven't got out of the initial outbreak when other countries are preparing for the second wave.

It's amazing how many myths people believe. The only way through this is by herd immunity.

Other countries are going to be in a perpetual state of lockdowns. New Zealand was praised for going 3 months without a recorded case. They opened, recorded 9 this week and promptly threw the country back into lockdown.

The UK government is now projecting to have killed 2 people via lockdown for every 3 coronavirus deaths.

Sweden meanwhile didn't shut down, doesn't wear masks and their deaths have bottomed out.

Please explain the situation in the Nordic countries for us, Doc.

Please explain the situation in the Nordic countries for us, Doc.

Ask Trump. He's the expert. Although he's pretty busy right now, at this very moment, because he's pissed that his shower doesn't have enough water pressure to make his hair look, in his word, "perfect." You cannot make this BS up!

The freakin' fraud of a president is worried not about kids and teachers he's demanding go back to school in the middle of a pandemic, he's demanding the EPA rewrite the rules for water conservation, approved in 1992 under Republican President George W. Bush, so he can take the shower of his dreams.

And yet many of you STILL support this imbecile whose behavior is a daily embarrassment to three-year-olds everywhere.

The three conferences who claim they're going to play football this fall are setting themselves up for a disaster. And, frankly, I'll be interested in watching as the whole thing goes up in flames.

But no matter what, get ready for increased water pressure. Oh yes. That's gonna make this country great again. LOL

I was on this mindset back in March/April. However as this drags on this who coronavirus debacle turned into a political showdown. All public policy when it comes to Crises is based on risk and acceptable losses. However it is about protecting the vulnerable which we’re doing now. 30 years from now we’re going to look back on this as a dark period of history but not because of COVID but because of politics and no big ten.

My issue with COVID is our government and health officials keep moving goal posts.

Coronavirus mutate and we get them every year. Herd immunity is the day that will never come.
Yup. Bball is cooked. The assumptions about miraculous vaccines making the boogeyman go away are nonsense. College students are more suseptible
Ask Trump. He's the expert. Although he's pretty busy right now, at this very moment, because he's pissed that his shower doesn't have enough water pressure to make his hair look, in his word, "perfect." You cannot make this BS up!

The freakin' fraud of a president is worried not about kids and teachers he's demanding go back to school in the middle of a pandemic, he's demanding the EPA rewrite the rules for water conservation, approved in 1992 under Republican President George W. Bush, so he can take the shower of his dreams.

And yet many of you STILL support this imbecile whose behavior is a daily embarrassment to three-year-olds everywhere.

The three conferences who claim they're going to play football this fall are setting themselves up for a disaster. And, frankly, I'll be interested in watching as the whole thing goes up in flames.

But no matter what, get ready for increased water pressure. Oh yes. That's gonna make this country great again. LOL
Biden. OMG. Your solution and political endorsements are laughable and tragic. I look forward to your crying for another 4 years. What are you gonna bust up tonight? Another Ronald McDonald house? Brilliant modeling of civilized leadership. Take your politics somewhere else after you wipe your nose.

Stop just stop!!! Get that out of here! 50% on this board feel just as passionate with a completely different take and just fuels the fire of divisiveness.

All I'm saying is if BIG sticks to their decision and SEC, Big 12 and others successfully get football season in this fall you might as well kiss the Big ten conference goodbye. It won't survive.
No offense, but I think that's nonsense. All that matters in college football is money, and money means television sets, and the BiG has'em.

I personally think the league made a mistake adding Maryland and Rutgers, and a lesser mistake by adding Nebraska. Hell, I'll go back and say the same about Penn State. Fourteen is too damned big.

No offense, but I think that's nonsense. All that matters in college football is money, and money means television sets, and the BiG has'em.

I personally think the league made a mistake adding Maryland and Rutgers, and a lesser mistake by adding Nebraska. Hell, I'll go back and say the same about Penn State. Fourteen is too damned big.

Maryland is average in football but a good basketball program. I have no problem with them.

Reactions: buchs
I'll believe either of those things when I see it. The BIG has been around 116 years. Their not going away because of this, and if thats the case how would that benefit anyone even the conferences who don't play?
There's just a lot of dumb around anymore :)

Chicken Little... "the sky is falling, the sky is falling".

Reactions: DewHawk
I am not trying to have a political view on this, my question is I thought it was always about flattening the curve so hospitals didn’t get over ran with patients. Now all of the sudden it has become a debate of no one getting it. When did this become the main goal, we have found a way to fight it and now we are stopping everything for it. What will be next a bad flu season????

Divisiveness is tRump's middle name. It's his go-to schtick to appease the deplorables.
Why is it Trumps fault?? When he did the travel ban from China he was called a racist. Meanwhile Pelosi was in China Town without a mask telling people to come on down. You can spin it either way who’s to blame. It just doesn’t fall on one person, trusting the government to do the best thing for you is your biggest mistake.

Your ignorance is deafening.
Wake up, snowflake. Try to learn, and listen. I'm sure you can if you try.

I move my kid to Iowa City Monday and he knows the risk as well as do I, we paid for his student season ticket for football. Is it going to be safer for everyone to have no sports in a controlled environment, or just to have kids say screw it and party since there is nothing to lose?

Reactions: evashevsky58

I get your thinking, but your first paragraph and second are contradictory. Penn State and Nebraska are massive draws, while Maryland and Rutgers were to increase the footprint.

Reactions: dekhawk
It's amazing how many myths people believe. The only way through this is by herd immunity.

Other countries are going to be in a perpetual state of lockdowns. New Zealand was praised for going 3 months without a recorded case. They opened, recorded 9 this week and promptly threw the country back into lockdown.

The UK government is now projecting to have killed 2 people via lockdown for every 3 coronavirus deaths.

Sweden meanwhile didn't shut down, doesn't wear masks and their deaths have bottomed out.

Sweden has had orders of magnitude more deaths than their neighbors and is 6th worst per capita in the world. Hardly a country to emulate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT