ADVERTISEMENT

June 15th Calls?

herkcy

HR All-State
Nov 7, 2002
I won't steal Willie's thunder since it's a pay site, but he posted his thoughts on who Iowa calls on the 15th. Any thoughts here? Sealy is #1 in my book. I also hope we have an answer at 57 prior to this class.

Reactions: Sett1997 and el dub
I won't steal Willie's thunder since it's a pay site, but he posted his thoughts on who Iowa calls on the 15th. Any thoughts here? Sealy is #1 in my book. I also hope we have an answer at 57 prior to this class.
Why would it be stealing thunder to tell Willie’s picks? That doesn’t make sense. After a person pays for information, it’s free to share. And it’s not like you are trying to take credit for his work if you say, “Willie thinks…”

(And I doubt sharing Willie’s views are going to cut into his subscription base.)

But that’s your bidness, so don’t mind me.

Why would it be stealing thunder to tell Willie’s picks? That doesn’t make sense. After a person pays for information, it’s free to share. And it’s not like you are trying to take credit for his work if you say, “Willie thinks…”

(And I doubt sharing Willie’s views are going to cut into his subscription base.)

But that’s your bidness, so don’t mind me.
I’m pretty sure the HWC has a Rokfin channel. If you joined you could see what willies opinion was. I’m not quite sure why wrestling fans want everything free.

Sealey top of my wishlist as well. Also wouldn't mind if Aden Valencia decided to follow in his sister's footsteps and become a Hawkeye.

@smalls103 mentioned Miguel Estrada. Don't know much about him other than he was the 145lb CA champ this past year. Willie has him #12 on the 2024 big board.

Reactions: el dub
I’m pretty sure the HWC has a Rokfin channel. If you joined you could see what willies opinion was. I’m not quite sure why wrestling fans want everything free.
That’s some odd shit right there. It’s like someone asking what happened in the NBA draft and being told by another basketball fan to get a subscription to ESPN if you want to know the results, ain’t it?

Btw, how many paddles does it take to float that douche canoe?

That’s some odd shit right there. It’s like someone asking what happened in the NBA draft and being told by another basketball fan to get a subscription to ESPN if you want to know the results, ain’t it?

yep he sure seems like a smug prick. But boy oh boy did he burn that guy for asking a fair question.

Sealey top of my wishlist as well. Also wouldn't mind if Aden Valencia decided to follow in his sister's footsteps and become a Hawkeye.

@smalls103 mentioned Miguel Estrada. Don't know much about him other than he was the 145lb CA champ this past year. Willie has him #12 on the 2024 big board.
Miguel Estrada is definitely a stud. He won state as a Freshman in 2021. He had to find a club to wrestle for as lots of schools opted out due to Covid. He competed for Dethrone. Some folks were skeptical of his chances to repeat with a deeper pool @145lbs in 2022. He stuck his opponent in the finals silencing those critics. Kid is built like a brick sh*t house. He’s currently at Frontier HS in Bakersfield. I have no idea where he is leaning collegiately.

Don't quite know how an NBA draft compares to one man's opinion. Nor what paddles have to do with a canoe floating. Anyway.....

I’ll admit I’ve disliked Willie/ smalls going back to his connection with Flo and their monopolization of wrestling coverage…. he’s getting harder to dislike

if it was up to me we’d still be watching Gable do commentary on IPTV for Iowa wrestling……. for free

I’m retired and living on a fixed income ….. how many subscriptions can a guy afford….. I have 6 season tickets and have followed and loved the Hawks forever…. my initial response to someone with no connection to the Hawks wanting me to pay to be able to watch them is **** You!

Guess I’m a dinosaur resistant to change…. I came up in world where you actually provided physical labor to earn a living…. it amazes me how many people earn a living being paid for their ****ing opinion…..it bears worth mentioning opinions are like assholes and everyone has one 😂

I do have a subscription to the HWC Rockfin or whatever it’s called….. can’t remember my password but I give them 9.99 a month

I’ll admit I’ve disliked Willie/ smalls going back to his connection with Flo and their monopolization of wrestling coverage…. he’s getting harder to dislike

if it was up to me we’d still be watching Gable do commentary on IPTV for Iowa wrestling……. for free

I’m retired and living on a fixed income ….. how many subscriptions can a guy afford….. I have 6 season tickets and have followed and loved the Hawks forever…. my initial response to someone with no connection to the Hawks wanting me to pay to be able to watch them is **** You!

Guess I’m a dinosaur resistant to change…. I came up in world where you actually provided physical labor to earn a living…. it amazes me how many people earn a living being paid for their ****ing opinion…..it bears worth mentioning opinions are like assholes and everyone has one 😂

I do have a subscription to the HWC Rockfin or whatever it’s called….. can’t remember my password but I give them 9.99 a month
Did we just become best friends?

As a fellow dinosaur, I am with you on the crazy amount of subscriptions people want us to buy. Every time I turn around, I have to look up a password or a username etc and most of the stuff I watch is not worth paying for. I'm just going to head back to my cave and draw on the walls.

To me it’s not about the money it’s more the fact that you expect a journalist to work for free for your enjoyment. Look at the people that freaked out because IAWRESTLE put their hs rankings behind a paywall. Unfortunately the days of iptv and zero content besides the newspaper are long gone.

To me it’s not about the money it’s more the fact that you expect a journalist to work for free for your enjoyment. Look at the people that freaked out because IAWRESTLE put their hs rankings behind a paywall. Unfortunately the days of iptv and zero content besides the newspaper are long gone.

TBH, those days sucked for everybody outside of the state of Iowa. As much as I bag on Flo's technical issues, I get to see most big events on there. Too bad they don't do big ten matches anymore. So yea...I have a DSM internet subscription because of the sportswriters...specifically Cody and Chad ( If they had a tip jar, like Rokfin does, I'd rather do that and send them some beer $$) But I get where people have other priorities with their dinero.

WAIT- are we talking about calling future HAWKS, or calling a bunch of companies taking our $$$$?

Not until you buy me a beer!
Hey Natch, I'll buy you a few next time I'm in town, from one dinosaur to another.

Personally, I'm tired of "pundits" who try to get between the sport and its fans. I like the ones who get out of the way the best, and the others when they actually have something valuable to say, and keep it short. The point is to prove it on the mat. Everything else is just click-bait or blather.

Reactions: natchrlman
Hey Natch, I'll buy you a few next time I'm in town, from one dinosaur to another.

Personally, I'm tired of "pundits" who try to get between the sport and its fans. I like the ones who get out of the way the best, and the others when they actually have something valuable to say, and keep it short. The point is to prove it on the mat. Everything else is just click-bait or blather.
I’ll see your beer and raise you one 😎 and it does seem like there are wayyy too many “experts” out there trying to earn a living in “online journalism”

I’m pretty particular about where I get my information……. as evidenced by my presence in the cesspool!

I’ll see your beer and raise you one 😎 and it does seem like there are wayyy too many “experts” out there trying to earn a living in “online journalism”

I’m pretty particular about where I get my information……. as evidenced by my presence in the cesspool!
I'll see that raise and add yet another. :p

Not knocking anyone on here, but my guess is you won't be getting any other information than already discussed. The staff is pretty secretive. Usually you don't get anything until media types start asking wrestlers directly and they announce their top 5's and interested squads.

Reactions: Inthecircle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT