ADVERTISEMENT

June 24th Official visit weekend

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
We currently have 24 student athletes scheduled to visit next weekend. Nine have verbally committed. Black, Otting and Patton have committed elsewhere. Was great to add Proctor to the list. Will be interesting to see if all visit and how successful the coaches will be in closing the deal. Still need WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, and DB commits to fill out this class.

I wonder… now that Proctor is coming, how big of an impact will this have on other recruits? Will this be a factor in closing some and possibly flipping others? It will be interesting to see.

Reactions: iowaflash
Swarm 23 has the potential to be the best class in the KF era. That said, this coming weekend will be the single biggest event of this recruiting cycle and might put this class over the top. Stay tuned.

Swarm 23 has the potential to be the best class in the KF era. That said, this coming weekend will be the single biggest event of this recruiting cycle and might put this class over the top. Stay tuned.
Would have to finish awfully strong; right now 2022 class looks quite a bit better

There will be 15 new recruits coming in. How many slots does Iowa have? Getting the 3 to flip is a tall order. How many of the remaining 12 can Iowa get a verbal after the upcoming weekend?

Reactions: Digger1
There will be 15 new recruits coming in. How many slots does Iowa have? Getting the 3 to flip is a tall order. How many of the remaining 12 can Iowa get a verbal after the upcoming weekend?
3 to flip? Don't believe there will be anyone visiting that is already committed somewhere else.

Howland would be a big get. Has the frame to grow into a prototypical LT. He played TE and showed good hands. He would add a fake dimension in kicking situations before he hits 300. Oh, and 20 P5 offers.

Would have to finish awfully strong; right now 2022 class looks quite a bit better

Not sure about that. We have a strong chance at a 5 star, a couple more 4 star guys and Kueter will probably be upgraded to a 4 star. Stay tuned.

There is more recruiting to be done after this weekend and people added we haven't heard of yet.

We currently have 24 student athletes scheduled to visit next weekend. Nine have verbally committed. Black, Otting and Patton have committed elsewhere. Was great to add Proctor to the list. Will be interesting to see if all visit and how successful the coaches will be in closing the deal. Still need WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, and DB commits to fill out this class.
Mascoe has cancelled his visit this weekend. Sounds like Rutgers could be the team to beat. He was the only CB visiting. Do we still have a shot with Snowden or Jenkins. Had a solid DB class last year but we need at least 2 CB with Traitor, oops I mean Trader, decommitting. For what it's worth, I have no angst for the young man, I wish him all the best.

McIntyre committed to Oklahoma, so he may not be visiting either.

Recruiting is a fluid situation.

Mascoe has cancelled his visit this weekend. Sounds like Rutgers could be the team to beat. He was the only CB visiting. Do we still have a shot with Snowden or Jenkins. Had a solid DB class last year but we need at least 2 CB with Traitor, oops I mean Trader, decommitting. For what it's worth, I have no angst for the young man, I wish him all the best.

Tate can play CB and he is visiting this weekend. But year they will need to continue looking for at least one more even if he commits.

Not sure about that. We have a strong chance at a 5 star, a couple more 4 star guys and Kueter will probably be upgraded to a 4 star. Stay tuned.

There is more recruiting to be done after this weekend and people added we haven't heard of yet.
Kueter, Lainez, and Mota (people tend to forget we have him as a WR, not a DB) all have the potential to be 4-stars when it's all said and done.

Lauck too, and I'd place good money on him committing this weekend.

Reactions: millhawk
Kueter, Lainez, and Mota (people tend to forget we have him as a WR, not a DB) all have the potential to be 4-stars when it's all said and done.

Lauck too, and I'd place good money on him committing this weekend.
I would say the fact that Lainez got moved down it is going to be harder to move back up. But I can see the ones you mentioned getting a bump to four star. Also can see guys like Caulker, Nestor, Hall getting bumps with big senior years and I think all have that potential. Maybe not to four starts but to maybe high 3.

Tate can play CB and he is visiting this weekend. But year they will need to continue looking for at least one more even if he commits.
Saw a crystal ball forecasting Tate to Wisconsin, so didn't know what our chances were with him. I like Tate a lot, hope he decides for the good guys in black and gold.

Reactions: David1979

Snowden is committed to Cincinnati.

ADVERTISEMENT