ADVERTISEMENT

June Live Period 2

HawkHoops80

HR All-American
Mar 20, 2022
Figured I would create a separate post this weekend as to not clutter the recruiting threads. This is another Live recruiting weekend for basketball. Prospects are playing with their high school teams or on state All-Star teams again. Next weekend is the NBPA Top 100 camp and then AAU starts back up after July 4 weekend. Here's a list of events I could find online and the prospects that are expected to participate:

Ridgewood Live (IL):
Owen Freeman, Brock Harding, Cooper Koch, James Brown '24, Nojus Indrusaitis '24, Cam Christie '23, Asa Thomas '23

NEPSAC 2 (Milton):
TJ Power '23, JP Estrella '23, Carey Booth '23, Reid Ducharme '23, Aaron Clark '23, Papa Kante '23, Kachi Nzeh '23, Nate Guerengomba '24, Andre Mills '24, Tyler Betsey '24
Justin Sharp Shootout (Rock Island):
Pryce Sandfort '24, Caden Wilkins '24

Charlie Hughes Tournament (IN):
JQ Roberts '23, Xavier Booker '23

WBCA (WI):
Kon Knueppel '24, Tayshawn Bridges '24

Philly Live II:
Naas Cuningham '24,

Midwest Live (OH):
Raleigh Burgess '24

TABC (TX):
Jalen Shelley '24

There's probably an event or 2 that I missed, but these are the events most likely for Iowa coaches to attend. I'll post updates throughout the weekend of where coaches are as I see them on Twitter.

Last edited:

Freeman & Harding should be playing here in a bit. This is the event Fran is at today.

If we strike out here it certainly won't be for lack of effort. Fran's been to every game of his the past 2 weekends and even made a trip out east to see him play in a baseball game last month. He's pretty clearly priority #1 for us at the moment.
It would be nice to have him and/or JP Estrella and Pryce to round out the class.

Scharnowski is no slouch, either. He reminds me of a better-shooting Aaron White. He's got that huge wingspan - seems to block a lot of shots.

If we strike out here it certainly won't be for lack of effort. Fran's been to every game of his the past 2 weekends and even made a trip out east to see him play in a baseball game last month. He's pretty clearly priority #1 for us at the moment.

IIRC, TJ Power wants to play both baseball and basketball in college. Is that realistic?

It's not easy to juggle 2 sports. I think Connor would admit that. And Connor is no longer playing baseball, of course. That's my point.

Also, Connor was a legit pro prospect. Not sure if TJ is.
The hip injuries and subsequent surgeries were as much or more of a factor, from what I have heard.

It would be nice to have him and/or JP Estrella and Pryce to round out the class.

Scharnowski is no slouch, either. He reminds me of a better-shooting Aaron White. He's got that huge wingspan - seems to block a lot of shots.
A class of Freeman, Harding, Sandfort, Estrella and Power would be an absolute dream.
Rivals doesn't have some of the historical data easily accessible, but TOS would have Estrella & Power both #5&6 all-time ranked basketball recruits and Pryce would be just outside the top-10. That would go down as an historic basketball recruiting class and we'd still have yahoos on this board complaining about it because it's 5 white guys 😂

A class of Freeman, Harding, Sandfort, Estrella and Power would be an absolute dream.
Rivals doesn't have some of the historical data easily accessible, but TOS would have Estrella & Power both #5&6 all-time ranked basketball recruits and Pryce would be just outside the top-10. That would go down as an historic basketball recruiting class and we'd still have yahoos on this board complaining about it because it's 5 white guys 😂
Maybe Fuchs would finally have the big one!

😉

• Haha
Reactions: BDinIC

Speaking of Pryce. Don't think this event was actually open to college coaches after a little digging, but nice to see him leading his high school team to the dub.

Reactions: BDinIC and BBHawk
Estrella and Powers will both be tough to get. I think they both have Duke offers. Estrella also has a Kansas offer. Fran has been on these kids for quite awhile so maybe relationships will help.

Bringing in Gatens could prove big for this recruiting cycle if he’s able to handle the bulk of the Pryce Sandfort relationship so Fran can dedicate more energy towards closing Power/Estrella

Reactions: HawkHoops80
Estrella and Powers will both be tough to get. I think they both have Duke offers. Estrella also has a Kansas offer. Fran has been on these kids for quite awhile so maybe relationships will help.
I was incorrect, they do not have Duke offers that I can see. Virginia and UConn could be the biggest competition for Power. Estrella does have a Kansas offer, they will be tough to beat for Estrella.

As always Fran is going 1000% to get these commitments. I have heard very little about Roberts lately, seems Fran has targeted other players.

Reactions: Ronman and BBHawk
You're right about both--they will be very tough gets. Power does not have a Duke offer--he's visited Iowa and Virginia. Indiana and Notre Dame are also working hard at trying to get him to visit.
Estrella has the Duke and KU offers and has visited Marquette & Tennessee and has the visit to Iowa scheduled in late July.

Both are 4 star top 65 guys so they're both going to be heavily recruited. The nice thing is Power visited last year and Estrella also is visiting. That at least gives us a puncher's chance.

I was incorrect, they do not have Duke offers that I can see. Virginia and UConn could be the biggest competition for Power. Estrella does have a Kansas offer, they will be tough to beat for Estrella.

As always Fran is going 1000% to get these commitments. I have heard very little about Roberts lately, seems Fran has targeted other players.
Yeah I've read that most high major teams have backed of JQ for some reason. I believe his 3 point shooting is a concern to some. It'll be interesting to see if things eventually pick back up with him.

ADVERTISEMENT