ADVERTISEMENT

June recruiting recruiting weekends

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
We have received one verbal commit from the June 10 weekend, I consider it a success with Raphael's commitment. Break away speed and elusive. Four star recruit.

We received five verbal commits from June 24th weekend. Excited about all five. Was hoping for a Howland commit also but 50% is pretty good. Of the final three - Allen, Newsom and Kendrick, do we have a chance? Kendrick is probably a Kentucky lean. Allen maybe to KSU and Newsom, I'm not sure. Hoping for at least one.

Need at least one more DL, LBer, and WR. Hated to lose Tibbs, need tall WR's.

Getting a five star, two four stars, a high three star with Tate, a good TE and DE prospect was a solid month.

Will be interesting how we finish this class.

Go Hawks!

We have received one verbal commit from the June 10 weekend, I consider it a success with Raphael's commitment. Break away speed and elusive. Four star recruit.

We received five verbal commits from June 24th weekend. Excited about all five. Was hoping for a Howland commit also but 50% is pretty good. Of the final three - Allen, Newsom and Kendrick, do we have a chance? Kendrick is probably a Kentucky lean. Allen maybe to KSU and Newsom, I'm not sure. Hoping for at least one.

Getting a five star, two four stars, a high three star with Tate, a good TE and DE prospect was a solid month.

Go Hawks!
I would think landing another DL player especially a rush type might be problematic the way the rooms filling up and the quality of the guys in it. Our interests may have shifted some as well to positions of greater need, such as WR as you mentioned.

Go Hawks!
Here are all the official visitors in June and where they've gone. Iowa ended up passing on Nolan Ray after landing Kendrick Raphael.

June 10 Weekend
Kendrick Raphael - Iowa
Kade McIntyre - Oklahoma
Will Heldt - Purdue
Nolan Ray - Maryland

June 24 Weekend
Asa Newsom - undecided
Jordan Allen - undecided
Kendrick Gilbert - undecided
Kadyn Proctor - Iowa
Trevor Lauck - Iowa
Zach Ortwerth - Iowa
Kenneth Merrieweather - Iowa
Kahlil Tate - Iowa
Jaron Tibbs - Purdue
George Burhenn - Purdue
Chris Terek- Wisconsin
Trevor Buhr - Iowa State
Logan Howland - Oklahoma

Also, here's the previously committed official visitors from June 24 Weekend
Zach Lutmer - Iowa
John Nestor - Iowa
Marco Lainez - Iowa
Leighton Jones - Iowa
Aidan Hall - Iowa
Alex Mota - Iowa
David Caulker - Iowa
Chase Brackney - Iowa
Maddux Borcherding-Johnson- Iowa

Iowa's other two commits are Ben Kueter and Cannon Leonard. Kueter already used his official visit for wrestling, so couldn't make one for football but was on campus with the other recruits June 24 for an unofficial visit. Leonard was on campus earlier that week when he got his offer, but will make his official visit later this year.

ADVERTISEMENT