ADVERTISEMENT

Junior Freestyle Results for Iowans

10 second fall for Shapiro
195 Joel Shapiro West Des Moines, IA (Iowa) VFA Robert Striggow Long Lake, MN (Minnesota), 2-0 0:10

Reactions: buf87
Wilson got stuck, bummer

182 Beau Yineman Neenah, WI (Wisconsin) VFA Myles Wilson New Castle, CO (Colorado), 14-8 3:27

160 Brennan Swafford Mediapolis, IA (Iowa) VSU Johnathan Mcbride Bonney Lake, WA (Washington), 10-0 0:29

Interested to see how he ends up here and how he does his senior year. Lost a tough match to Axmear in finals last year at State.

Semis
138 Jeremy Schoenherr Stratford, WI (Wisconsin) VSU1 Michael Millage Cresco, IA (Iowa), 13-3 4:59

145 Anthony Artalona Seffner, FL (Florida) VPO1 Sam Sasso Nazareth, PA (Pennsylvania), 10-10

Francis Duggan loses 5-8 in the semis to Missouri kid. Will drop to 220 lb consi semis.

100 Jacob Moran Portage, IN (Indiana) VPO1 Daniel Kimball Buckingham, IA (Iowa), 4-2
113 Cody Phippen Platte City, MO (Missouri) VPO1 Aden Reeves Albia, IA (Iowa), 9-6

Both going for 5th

138 Jakob Bergeland Hugo, MN (Minnesota) VSU1 Michael Millage Cresco, IA (Iowa), 14-1 3:00
220 Francis Duggan Lemoyne, PA (Iowa) VSU Tyrell Gordon Waterloo, IA (Iowa), 10-0 1:32

Did you watch - 126 Drew Mattin Delta, OH (Ohio) VPO1 Alex Thomsen Neola, IA (Iowa), 12-11
That took about 30 minutes, what happened?
Off of the top of my head: Thomsen was up by 2 and got hit with his second 4-pointer of the second period in the final minute. First one was a legit throw; second one was a head pinch, I believe.

Last edited:
Max Lyon has had an awesome tournament so far. I've said it before but I'm gonna say it again I really wish we would've gotten him. He would've been a great guy to compete for a spot at 184. He was also an all state academic team winner and he's going to Purdue so he's gotta be pretty smart and probably wouldn't of had to take much money. Would've been a nice get... but I've definitely not complaninng about our recruiting right now. With Lee, (possibly) Meja, Brands, Warner, Costello, Cassioppi and many others I can't complain... but Lyon would have been a real nice addition. Also, does anybody know what time the finals start or if they have. My floarena isn't working too well right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT