ADVERTISEMENT

Just 35% of Iowans Approve of the way Biden is doing his job

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Morans!:

A majority of Iowans disapprove of how President Joe Biden is doing his job, but his ratings have edged up very slightly in recent months, a new Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll shows.
Just 35% of Iowa adults approve of Biden’s performance, with 59% disapproving and 6% unsure, according to the new poll. That is a "modest improvement" over the 33% approval, 62% disapproval ratings he garnered in a November 2021 Iowa Poll, pollster J. Ann Selzer said. But his ratings remain well below the 47% approval he scored in March 2021, shortly after his presidency began.
Just 4% of Iowa Republicans approve of the way the Democratic president is doing the job, the poll shows. Among Democrats, 82% approve of Biden’s performance, as do 29% of political independents.

The president’s low ratings come as the United States faces problems on multiple fronts, including persistent inflation, the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Many Iowans hold a dim view of how the United States is faring overall, the new Iowa Poll shows. Just 23% of Iowa adults think the nation is headed in the right direction, compared to 67% who think it’s going off on the wrong track, and 11% who are unsure.
Among Iowa Republicans, 95% believe the country is on the wrong track, compared to 30% of Democrats and 70% of independents, according to the poll.
More:How is the Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll conducted? We answer your top questions.
The Iowa Poll, conducted by Selzer & Co., is based on a sample of 813 Iowa adults. It has a maximum margin of error of plus or minus 3.4 percentage points. It was conducted between Feb. 28 and March 2.

Poll participant Connie Lenox of Spirit Lake is among the majority of Iowans who dislike Biden’s leadership.
“He hasn’t done anything right,” she said, citing such issues as immigration, the nation’s knotted supply chain, the Russian invasion of Ukraine and skyrocketing prices of gas and food. “I think he’s the worst president we’ve ever had.”
Lenox, 71, is a Republican and a retiree.
Poll participant Shannon Trimble disagrees with such dark assessments. When asked if he approves of Biden’s job performance, he replied, “Yes, overwhelmingly.”
Trimble said Biden projects integrity.
“I see a genuineness and authenticity in President Biden that I didn’t see in his predecessor,” he said.
Trimble, 57, lives in Bettendorf and works in sales for a food company. He’s a lifelong Democrat, which he acknowledged affects his opinions of presidents. But he said he’s never been as angry with a president as he was with Donald Trump’s White House performance.
“I don’t say his name. I never will,” Trimble said, adding he believes many of the problems Biden now faces could be traced back to his predecessor’s mismanagement.
The new Iowa Poll shows that Biden’s standing is substantially better with women than with men; with city dwellers compared to rural residents; and with people who identify with no religion versus people who identify as Protestants.
Deidre Wilson of Eldora is among 16% of Iowa Poll participants who said they voted for Biden in 2020 but now disapprove of how he’s doing the job.

Wilson, 35, is a political independent who said she is to the left of Biden. Voting for him “was definitely a lesser-of-two-evils situation for me,” she said.

She remains glad Biden beat Trump.

“I knew he was going to be better. There was no way anybody could be more embarrassing than Trump,” she said. But she is disappointed Biden hasn’t taken more action on such things as relieving student debt and legalizing marijuana.

Poll participant Debra Gaskins of Des Moines, a Democrat, said she generally approves of the president’s performance.

“I feel at least Biden is honest,” she said.

Gaskins, 67, who retired from the U.S. Postal Service, said the president faces a huge challenge in countering Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Biden can’t send in U.S. troops, she said.

“There’s no appetite in this country for getting into another war," she said.

But Biden has done a good job of unifying the rest of Europe and many other countries in opposition to Russian President Vladimir Putin, she said, and the heavy sanctions they have imposed could take effect over time.

Gaskins also thinks Biden is doing a great job in countering the COVID-19 epidemic. But she worries he and other Democrats will face skepticism from voters upset about rising prices.

“I don’t think that’s really his fault,” she said. “I think whoever was president would be in the same position.”

The new Iowa Poll shows Biden’s approval ratings are substantially worse than his two predecessors saw roughly a year into their presidencies.

Republican Donald Trump’s won approval from 44% of Iowans and disapproval from 51% in February 2018, an Iowa Poll published then found. A February 2010 Iowa Poll showed 46% of Iowans approved of the job Democrat Barack Obama was doing as president, and 47% disapproved.

• Haha
Reactions: your_master5
Morans!:

A majority of Iowans disapprove of how President Joe Biden is doing his job, but his ratings have edged up very slightly in recent months, a new Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll shows.
Just 35% of Iowa adults approve of Biden’s performance, with 59% disapproving and 6% unsure, according to the new poll. That is a "modest improvement" over the 33% approval, 62% disapproval ratings he garnered in a November 2021 Iowa Poll, pollster J. Ann Selzer said. But his ratings remain well below the 47% approval he scored in March 2021, shortly after his presidency began.
Just 4% of Iowa Republicans approve of the way the Democratic president is doing the job, the poll shows. Among Democrats, 82% approve of Biden’s performance, as do 29% of political independents.

The president’s low ratings come as the United States faces problems on multiple fronts, including persistent inflation, the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Many Iowans hold a dim view of how the United States is faring overall, the new Iowa Poll shows. Just 23% of Iowa adults think the nation is headed in the right direction, compared to 67% who think it’s going off on the wrong track, and 11% who are unsure.
Among Iowa Republicans, 95% believe the country is on the wrong track, compared to 30% of Democrats and 70% of independents, according to the poll.
More:How is the Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll conducted? We answer your top questions.
The Iowa Poll, conducted by Selzer & Co., is based on a sample of 813 Iowa adults. It has a maximum margin of error of plus or minus 3.4 percentage points. It was conducted between Feb. 28 and March 2.

Poll participant Connie Lenox of Spirit Lake is among the majority of Iowans who dislike Biden’s leadership.
“He hasn’t done anything right,” she said, citing such issues as immigration, the nation’s knotted supply chain, the Russian invasion of Ukraine and skyrocketing prices of gas and food. “I think he’s the worst president we’ve ever had.”
Poll participant Shannon Trimble disagrees with such dark assessments. When asked if he approves of Biden’s job performance, he replied, “Yes, overwhelmingly.”
“I see a genuineness and authenticity in President Biden that I didn’t see in his predecessor,” he said.
Trimble, 57, lives in Bettendorf and works in sales for a food company. He’s a lifelong Democrat, which he acknowledged affects his opinions of presidents. But he said he’s never been as angry with a president as he was with Donald Trump’s White House performance.
“I don’t say his name. I never will,” Trimble said, adding he believes many of the problems Biden now faces could be traced back to his predecessor’s mismanagement.
The new Iowa Poll shows that Biden’s standing is substantially better with women than with men; with city dwellers compared to rural residents; and with people who identify with no religion versus people who identify as Protestants.
Deidre Wilson of Eldora is among 16% of Iowa Poll participants who said they voted for Biden in 2020 but now disapprove of how he’s doing the job.

Wilson, 35, is a political independent who said she is to the left of Biden. Voting for him “was definitely a lesser-of-two-evils situation for me,” she said.

“I knew he was going to be better. There was no way anybody could be more embarrassing than Trump,” she said. But she is disappointed Biden hasn’t taken more action on such things as relieving student debt and legalizing marijuana.

Poll participant Debra Gaskins of Des Moines, a Democrat, said she generally approves of the president’s performance.

Gaskins, 67, who retired from the U.S. Postal Service, said the president faces a huge challenge in countering Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Biden can’t send in U.S. troops, she said.

But Biden has done a good job of unifying the rest of Europe and many other countries in opposition to Russian President Vladimir Putin, she said, and the heavy sanctions they have imposed could take effect over time.

Gaskins also thinks Biden is doing a great job in countering the COVID-19 epidemic. But she worries he and other Democrats will face skepticism from voters upset about rising prices.

“I don’t think that’s really his fault,” she said. “I think whoever was president would be in the same position.”

The new Iowa Poll shows Biden’s approval ratings are substantially worse than his two predecessors saw roughly a year into their presidencies.

Republican Donald Trump’s won approval from 44% of Iowans and disapproval from 51% in February 2018, an Iowa Poll published then found. A February 2010 Iowa Poll showed 46% of Iowans approved of the job Democrat Barack Obama was doing as president, and 47% disapproved.

Way to high.
25% for the loon element seems about right.

Reactions: your_master5
Dogboy’s definitely gone (more) off his rocker lately. A lot of the old boys (and our one old lady) around here are in a frenzy. The propaganda / meme / chain email machine must be pumping out some serious old fart repubber fear.
Uh i’m great but thanks for asking.
On golf course playing well.
Little cloudy out but warm.

Uh i’m great but thanks for asking.
On golf course playing well.
Little cloudy out but warm.

giphy.gif

Shut your damn phone off, quit posting on a message board ad nauseum about a president you've got what you think are cute nicknames for, and play golf then you goofy bastard!

giphy.gif

Shut your damn phone off, quit posting on a message board ad nauseum about a president you've got what you think are cute nicknames for, and play golf then you goofy bastard!
Course has long drives between holes ( i’ve never seen anyone walk it in 20 plus years) plus we’re following a death march foursome.

Lol I’ve been here longer than you.

How about you all just stop being jackasses? Aren’t you like 70? Maybe try acting like it.
A) not true

hawkusmaximus

HR MVP
Joined Nov 9, 2001
Last seen Apr 21, 2015

B) I will act as I so choose. You can let it consume your feelings of contempt or not I really do not care nor will think about it one way or another after this post. Have a great day sir and I wish you the best.

• Haha
Reactions: GlenHawk
Morans!:

We are no longer an intelligent state.

This thread is yet more proof that the Republicans are in no way on the pathway back to sanity. The Cheneys and Romneys of the party are still in the vast minority.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I’m sorry. But anyone who think Biden is doing a great job or even a good job, is flat out lying to themselves. Spare me the better than Trump response bullshit. He’s not. They’re both dumbasses.

You all are no different than the people who think Trump had the election stolen from him. You’re both ****ing delusional and both give passes for their guy’s stupidity.

I don’t post on the board as much as some and even less nowadays. This board used to be a pretty cool community to stop by and BS for a little bit. But it’s been real sad to watch this board devolve into the cesspool that it has today.

It’s been nothing but shitty posters from both the extreme left and extreme right spamming the board with their spoon fed bullshit who really only care about getting likes from their team. These posters add absolutely no value to the community. The worst part about it is it’s supported by posters who used to be pretty cool, both liberal and conservative. Other posters have left to never return.

This community just sucks now. Hell, I don’t even know why I care. The board is well beyond fixing itself for the better.

I’m sorry. But anyone who think Biden is doing a great job or even a good job, is flat out lying to themselves. Spare me the better than Trump response bullshit. He’s not. They’re both dumbasses.

You all are no different than the people who think Trump had the election stolen from him. You’re both ****ing delusional and both give passes for their guy’s stupidity.

I don’t post on the board as much as some and even less nowadays. This board used to be a pretty cool community to stop by and BS for a little bit. But it’s been real sad to watch this board devolve into the cesspool that it has today.

It’s been nothing but shitty posters from both the extreme left and extreme right spamming the board with their spoon fed bullshit who really only care about getting likes from their team. These posters add absolutely no value to the community. The worst part about it is it’s supported by posters who used to be pretty cool, both liberal and conservative. Other posters have left to never return.

This community just sucks now. Hell, I don’t even know why I care. The board is well beyond fixing itself for the better.
I stopped reading after your moronic claim that he isn't better than Trump. Get some self respect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT