ADVERTISEMENT

Just a Somber Reminder...,

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Altho the “inflation numbers” released today are encouraging, 7.1% is a LONG way from 2% rate of inflation. It is important to understand that $$ costs something and the last 15 years or so of doctored / artificial low interest rates comes with a very high price tag. Ever since the mid-1980’s the government has concerned itself with policies to “heat up” the economy artificially ( tax laws, ' rates, interfering with the Fed with monetary policy, etc). Don’t know what is going to happen in the near term but it seems to me that this current Fed/Treasury team seems to have a good idea of what needs to be done. Just how patient can “we the people” be for a good, long term “fix”?

‘We the people” would and could be patient for a good long term fix. Unfortunately, there is non fix in the works. None.

Altho the “inflation numbers” released today are encouraging, 7.1% is a LONG way from 2% rate of inflation. It is important to understand that $$ costs something and the last 15 years or so of doctored / artificial low interest rates comes with a very high price tag. Ever since the mid-1980’s the government has concerned itself with policies to “heat up” the economy artificially ( tax laws, ' rates, interfering with the Fed with monetary policy, etc). Don’t know what is going to happen in the near term but it seems to me that this current Fed/Treasury team seems to have a good idea of what needs to be done. Just how patient can “we the people” be for a good, long term “fix”?
Agree with your premise Joel. I would add that a lack of tax revenues at the federal level have not been a problem ... it's how much our federal government is spending (outpacing those revenues) and that is the fault of both Ds and Rs over the years.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Agree with your premise Joel. I would add that a lack of tax revenues at the federal level have not been a problem ... it's how much our federal government is spending (outpacing those revenues) and that is the fault of both Ds and Rs over the years.
You and I will agree to disagree on this one. Reagan had the right idea....and Clinton made the numbers work......The tax cuts since Clinton have been useless "for profit" rules for the rich, super-rich and corporations....PLUS, the 18% capital gains rate is an outright fraud and tax scheme for the very wealthy. It needs to be gotten rid of.....IF you want to cut taxes....cut taxes for the folks at the bottom, first.
The "tax cuts" have not allowed America to keep up with inflation.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT