ADVERTISEMENT

Just bought Rose Bowl tickets

RagHawk

HB MVP
Mar 29, 2007
Yes, I'm getting way, way ahead of myself. Please spare me the focus-on-Maryland talk.

Tickets went on sale two weeks ago on ticketmaster and there are a few dozen remaining ($150, plus fees) in the end zone. There are better seats that range from roughly $500-$900 on the sideline. Those appear to be part of some VIP package.

I won't have enough points to buy Rose Bowl tix through the university, so this or the secondary market are my only options if the Hawks end up in Pasadena. And because every Hawkeye fan I know has vowed to go to the Rose Bowl the next time the Hawks make it, I suspect ticket prices could be astronomical.

If MSU, OSU or Michigan goes, I hope I can unload these for at least face value. If Wisconsin goes and plays UCLA or Oregon (unlikely), ticket demand could be low and I might be screwed.

According to some articles I found online, the cheapest Rose Bowl tickets on the secondary market for MSU-Stanford two years ago were about $900 in the weeks leading up to the game. Last year for Oregon and FSU, tickets were selling below face value the week of the game. Those fan bases had been in the Rose recently and may have been saving up for the championship instead of the semifinals. I hope that's true.

Anyway, thought I would offer a heads up in case any other Hawk fans want to take this same gamble and order tix now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.