ADVERTISEMENT

Just pointing out once.......its gonna be a long week

Hey Johnstownsteel how many times has @Mike Zierath already banned you over the years? We should take bets on whether you make it through next weekend. Ticking time bomb
Of course he’s going to ban me. So yeah, that’s a safe bet. And he’s gonna do it …not because I break rules but because he will become sick and tired of hearing you all bellyache because someone comes here and doesn’t paint pretty pictures for you all. Btw Turk, love how you tagged Z to make sure I’m banned. LMAO. I absolutely love that you did that!

Reactions: danoftw
In a world full of dumb ass conspiracies this may be the dumbest one yet. I sure am glad you’re taking credit for it!!

I don’t think it matters one bit that Iowa had 2 more days of rest. My god, to win the NCAA’s you need to win five matches in 3 days. Penn st wrestled 1 extra match (except RBY, apparently he’s ducking or training for his MMA career) and now has five days rest. SMH and lol’ing at this “conspiracy”.
His use of “conspiracy” is facetious. It is totally reasonable (not a conspiracy) to believe a couple extra days at home between travel dates is preferable to staying in Michigan the entire weekend through Sunday afternoon before going right back into classes in PA on Monday and then back out the the Midwest Thu/Fri.

I don’t believe Nationals is a comparable circumstance.

Reactions: mcpat
Of course he’s going to ban me. So yeah, that’s a safe bet. And he’s gonna do it …not because I break rules but because he will become sick and tired of hearing you all bellyache because someone comes here and doesn’t paint pretty pictures for you all. Btw Turk, love how you tagged Z to make sure I’m banned. LMAO. I absolutely love that you did that!
You don’t need to be banned….you just need to deviate from your norm of “ you bitches suck”. Odoel rules crap you’ve posted

Reactions: Grip220
Don't blame others for your own actions. Own it. Keep your calm and don't blow a gasket and you might make it through the week. And even if you don't make it, you will be back the following days with a new handle like you have repeatedly done. So it really matters none.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
His use of “conspiracy” is facetious. It is totally reasonable (not a conspiracy) to believe a couple extra days at home between travel dates is preferable to staying in Michigan the entire weekend through Sunday afternoon before going right back into classes in PA on Monday and then back out the the Midwest Thu/Fri.

Ask anyone that’s wrestled which is more taxing on the body, 5 matches in 3 days, or 2 matches 5 days apart no matter the location. And you’re right it’s not comparable because one is much harder than the other.

If you need your built in excuses, go ahead and take it, but this ones a stretch Slushy. PSU will be just fine, and I would bet they’re not worrying about half as much as you are. I stand by my original post, and dismiss your rebuttal as fool hardy.

In a world full of dumb ass conspiracies this may be the dumbest one yet. I sure am glad you’re taking credit for it!!

I don’t think it matters one bit that Iowa had 2 more days of rest. My god, to win the NCAA’s you need to win five matches in 3 days. Penn st wrestled 1 extra match (except RBY, apparently he’s ducking or training for his MMA career) and now has five days rest. SMH and lol’ing at this “conspiracy”.
You’re reading things that weren’t actually written. Regardless, do you really believe that the best way to beat a worthy opponent is to be on road focused on a different opponent… while they are at home focused solely on you?

I made a mistake engaging here. Sorry for doing so. I’ll grab my ball and go home.

Wait, wait, wait. I was told that PA is in the Midwest. 😁

Reactions: slushhead and mcpat

If he simply states the situation as you did sure.

You’re reading things that weren’t actually written. Regardless, do you really believe that the best way to beat a worthy opponent is to be on road focused on a different opponent… while they are at home focused solely on you?

I made a mistake engaging here. Sorry for doing so. I’ll grab my ball and go home.
I don’t think it matters either way to a well conditioned well trained college athlete. 5 days is more than enough time.

Reactions: hlstone
Troll= someone who paints ugly pictures on another teams message board. Sounds about right.
Is JS a troll? He’s a damn Hawk fan and I see how he’s treated when he gives an honest opinion about the Hawks that isn’t so rosy. Look, you guys don’t even like each other so I’m not gonna pretend there’s a possibility I can get along here. Bottom line is, when you hear things that you don’t like or against your opinion you whine like babies.

Besides, I don’t even come around much anymore.

I don’t think it matters either way to a well conditioned well trained college athlete. 5 days is more than enough time.
It’s not just the physical. But it’s fair to have a difference of opinion. This started by me taking exception to someone posting here about how I was dabbling in conspiracies by saying - on the PSU board - that it was “interesting” that penn state had a Sunday dual and Iowa didn’t. I still think that’s interesting.

Nah, stick around for a bit. Most of us appreciate a different perspective.

Doesn't mean people aren't going to pick it apart, especially this week. Consider it a test. Gotta see how thick your skin is.

die-hard-bruce-willis.gif

Ask anyone that’s wrestled which is more taxing on the body, 5 matches in 3 days, or 2 matches 5 days apart no matter the location. And you’re right it’s not comparable because one is much harder than the other.

If you need your built in excuses, go ahead and take it, but this ones a stretch Slushy. PSU will be just fine, and I would bet they’re not worrying about half as much as you are. I stand by my original post, and dismiss your rebuttal as fool hardy.
Again, I don’t understand why you are comparing this to Nationals. The actual comparison was really simple — would we prefer our team to be at home 2 additional days between competition and travel dates, or stay on the road 2 additional days and have another team to focus on before shifting attention to the bigger fish? One of those 2 scenarios, and only those 2 scenarios, is being touted as preferrable.

No one is trying to make preemptive excuses. Suggesting such is seeing things that aren’t there. One might call that a conspiracy. Go figure.

Reactions: PSUer1989 and mcpat
Is JS a troll? He’s a damn Hawk fan and I see how he’s treated when he gives an honest opinion about the Hawks that isn’t so rosy. Look, you guys don’t even like each other so I’m not gonna pretend there’s a possibility I can get along here. Bottom line is, when you hear things that you don’t like or against your opinion you whine like babies.

Besides, I don’t even come around much anymore.
But yet too much.

Again, I don’t understand why you are comparing this to Nationals. The actual comparison was really simple — would we prefer our team to be at home 2 additional days between competition and travel dates, or stay on the road 2 additional days and have another team to focus on before shifting attention to the bigger fish? One of those 2 scenarios, and only those 2 scenarios, is being touted as preferrable.

No one is trying to make preemptive excuses. Suggesting such is seeing things that aren’t there. One might call that a conspiracy. Go figure.
Bottom line there was nothing interesting about Iowa only having one dual. It's common schedule practice in the Big.

I made that comparison because one of those things is difficult and one of those things isn’t. What PSU is doing this week is what every college wrestling school has done. Just because it’s Iowa next on their schedule shouldn’t change their mindset one bit.

The important match is the one that’s up next and it doesn’t matter how many days or what kinda travel is required. Fans think about these things, but athletes at the level that Iowa and Psu have do not. 4-5 days in between dual meets is plenty of time to shift focus, and if it wasn’t PSU wouldn’t be as good as they are.

Bottom line there was nothing interesting about Iowa only having one dual. It's common schedule practice in the Big.
Just to be clear, I thought it was interesting (I posted on the PSU Board) only because Iowa didn’t wrestle twice this weekend while Penn State did. It’s fine that you say “meh” at that. I happen to think it is interesting. But I never said there was a “conspiracy” involved.

That’s a fair opinion, though it seems inconsistent with bringing the comment over here to discuss. 🤷‍♂️

Z tried to “toughen” them up once before. He obviously failed…

Hmmmm. 4 years ago. Everything still applies exactly the way I typed it then....

Exactly.

Reactions: MorleysDawg
I made that comparison because one of those things is difficult and one of those things isn’t. What PSU is doing this week is what every college wrestling school has done. Just because it’s Iowa next on their schedule shouldn’t change their mindset one bit.

The important match is the one that’s up next and it doesn’t matter how many days or what kinda travel is required. Fans think about these things, but athletes at the level that Iowa and Psu have do not. 4-5 days in between dual meets is plenty of time to shift focus, and if it wasn’t PSU wouldn’t be as good as they are.
Yet, I didn’t opine whether the short week mattered. Personally, I do not think it will matter. But I do think the extra days are preferrable.

Like it doesn’t matter whether I have only 2 beers tonight or 3 beers, instead. I’ll be victorious in achieving sleep either way, but 3 beers makes it a tad bit easier.

Your Avatar makes a lot of sense now. Is this the clip you wanted?

Thanks King! That’s going in the favorites file

ben-stiller-derek-zoolander.gif

Reactions: jrod65
Yet, I didn’t opine whether the short week mattered. Personally, I do not think it will matter. But I do think the extra days are preferrable.

Like it doesn’t matter whether I have only 2 beers tonight or 3 beers, instead. I’ll be victorious in achieving sleep either way, but 3 beers makes it a tad bit easier.
So we agree? Then what the hell was the point of our last few posts. I think you just like to be obtuse.

Happy sleeping and enjoy your glorious victory despite the number of beers you might have. SMH.

Reactions: GoHawks1996
Just to be clear, I thought it was interesting (I posted on the PSU Board) only because Iowa didn’t wrestle twice this weekend while Penn State did. It’s fine that you say “meh” at that. I happen to think it is interesting. But I never said there was a “conspiracy” involved.
You've been beating around the bush all day about on this. Why don't you just be direct and state what you find so interesting about it?

Iowa and PSU are both at 5 B1G Duals so far. Last week PSU only had one Dual, while Iowa had 2. I don't find that remotely interesting.

So we agree? Then what the hell was the point of our last few posts. I think you just like to be obtuse.

Happy sleeping and enjoy your glorious victory despite the number of beers you might have. SMH.
I thought I stayed on point. 🤷‍♂️

Just a run-of-the-mill victory in order tonight. A few pints of double-IPA on an empty stomach are needed for a “glorious” victory. Already have them picked out and set aside for Friday night. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: HawkFan1986
You don’t need to be banned….you just need to deviate from your norm of “ you bitches suck”. Odoel rules crap you’ve posted
He doesn't need to be banned because he already is. Shouldn't be posting here at all.

You've been beating around the bush all day about on this. Why don't you just be direct and state what you find so interesting about it?
I find it mildly interesting that Iowa's athletic department is better at setting up schedules than PSU's.
But that's still not very interesting.

Honestly, it happened about 3-4 years ago and came out of this very same week.

Guys, I know its difficult to stay above the fray. I want, badly at times, to jump in with both feet and wave my black and gold fandom all over the PSU guys that come here. Fact is, most of them are just good wrestling fans and a few bad apples create the problem.

All I'm asking is that we, as a whole, don't make it worse.

Mike
Very true, I'm a Pa. resident , PSU grad, and PSU wrestling fan. I'm pretty much fair weather meaning I follow the sport a lot more since PSU has performed better.
I always enjoyed it but you have to admit it's not always easy to track down a match on tv due to a lack of coverage .
I did always check out the ncaas etc. My son went out for wrestling and he got me into watching it more often back when Sanderson came to PSU.
I also like Iowa since I lived there a few years after college and had a friend attend grad school at Iowa at the same time. I'd guess I was at Joe's city 10 plus times? 20 or more. My only complaint was the lack of thin crust pizza but we eventually found some place owned by Greeks that was great .
I remember my friend took me to some bar once that was closing that night . I mean permanently. That's a different story funnier over beers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Zierath
ADVERTISEMENT