ADVERTISEMENT

Just pointing out once.......its gonna be a long week

You've been beating around the bush all day about on this. Why don't you just be direct and state what you find so interesting about it?

Iowa and PSU are both at 5 B1G Duals so far. Last week PSU only had one Dual, while Iowa had 2. I don't find that remotely interesting.
I wonder if Brands didn’t want a second dual over the weekend so his wrestlers would be focused totally on Penn State. I expect that once they got home from Ohio State on Saturday, the focus immediately became Penn State. I imagine the team watched Penn State wrestle Michigan State live on Sunday and were already working on the individual adjustments needed for each opponent.

I’d offer that I also wonder if Sanderson deliberately wanted the second dual, but it seems unlikely as a trip to Michigan was likely always going to involve meets against both Big Ten teams in Michigan.

So that’s what I find interesting. Did Iowa deliberately not schedule a dual on Sunday before Penn State? Or was it unintentional?

I wonder if Brands didn’t want a second dual over the weekend so his wrestlers would be focused totally on Penn State. I expect that once they got home from Ohio State on Saturday, the focus immediately became Penn State. I imagine the team watched Penn State wrestle Michigan State live on Sunday and were already working on the individual adjustments needed for each opponent.

I’d offer that I also wonder if Sanderson deliberately wanted the second dual, but it seems unlikely as a trip to Michigan was likely always going to involve meets against both Big Ten teams in Michigan.

So that’s what I find interesting. Did Iowa deliberately not schedule a dual on Sunday before Penn State? Or was it unintentional?
The conference made the schedule, not the coaches. You can wonder if you want how the coaches feel about it but they had nothing to do with planning it. It's standard big 10 scheduling practice and thus why it's not interesting, Iowa didn't do anything in regards to the schedule and neither did PSU.

I don’t know if anybody else is pointing this out, but you do realize the schools don’t have a lot of say in the schedule, right?

Z

The conference made the schedule, not the coaches. You can wonder if you want how the coaches feel about it but they had nothing to do with planning it. It's standard big 10 scheduling practice and thus why it's not interesting, Iowa didn't do anything in regards to the schedule and neither did PSU.
I should’ve just kept reading

He doesn't need to be banned because he already is. Shouldn't be posting here at all.
I don’t know if we’ve banned him previously or not. I’d say there’s a pretty good chance. If he gets out of line, it will be taken care of. Trust the process.

Z

How about you do something about the fact that every thread devolves into a COVID argument, and now the AJ Ferrari thread turning into a religious debate?

An argument and name calling about actual wrestling would be a great change of pace...

The conference schedules conference meets. Don’t most teams wrestle twice each weekend at this point of the season? Iowa couldn’t get a non-conference opponent to sell tickets for a home dual in late January?

I don’t know if anybody else is pointing this out, but you do realize the schools don’t have a lot of say in the schedule, right?

Z
Come on. Surely Iowa has influence over who they invite to a home non-conference dual on an open Sunday.

Iowa wrestles OkSt in Feb. some of you seem to be saying they didn’t have control over that meet being scheduled on an open date. Surely they did and surely Iowa could have had a match on Sunday (non-conference) if they wanted a match on Sunday before wrestling Penn State. It was their choice not too.

• Haha
Reactions: MVPFAN
The conference schedules conference meets. Don’t most teams wrestle twice each weekend at this point of the season? Iowa couldn’t get a non-conference opponent to sell tickets for a home dual in late January?
Jesus guy. Now you are saying Iowa should have scheduled a non conference dual for Sunday so they also had two duals? Even if they wanted to there is a limit on competition dates as well. The more you go on about this the deeper you are digging and starting to sound crazy. It's very common for a school to have 1 dual on a weekend.

Jesus guy. Now you are saying Iowa should have scheduled a non conference dual for Sunday so they also had two duals? Even if they wanted to there is a limit on competition dates as well. The more you go on about this the deeper you are digging and starting to sound crazy. It's very common for a school to have 1 dual on a weekend.
No - I said that they didn’t schedule a non-conference dual. I said this in response to you all saying they couldn’t have. Clearly they could have. Again - you’re reading things I didn’t write.

To sum up:

1) Iowa didn’t wrestle on Sunday.

2) Contrary to what some Iowa fans on this board seem to think, Iowa could have wrestled on Sunday if they wanted to. (There are teams not in the Big Ten.)

3.) I never said Iowa should have wrestled on Sunday. I only said they could have. I have even offered that it may benefit them this Friday that they didn’t.

4.). There is no conspiracy theory here. I never insinuated in any way that there was.

5.) I think it is interesting that Iowa chose to have an open date on the Sunday before wrestling Penn State.

6.) Some of you find it uninteresting. (I might dispute that as you say it’s uninteresting, but still choose to engage in the topic.)

No - I said that they didn’t schedule a non-conference dual. I said this in response to you all saying they couldn’t have. Clearly they could have. Again - you’re reading things I didn’t write.

close-door-the-office.gif

To sum up:

2) Contrary to what some Iowa fans on this board seem to think, Iowa could have wrestled on Sunday if they wanted to. (There are teams not in the Big Ten.)

3.) I never said Iowa should have wrestled on Sunday. I only said they could have. I have even offered that it may benefit them this Friday that they didn’t.

4.). There is no conspiracy theory here. I never insinuated in any way that there was.

5.) I think it is interesting that Iowa chose to have an open date on the Sunday before wrestling Penn State.

6.) Some of you find it uninteresting. (I might dispute that as you say it’s uninteresting, but still choose to engage in the topic.)
More winter sports than just wrestling. There was a women's basketball game Sunday so no we couldn't have scheduled a non conference dual. You are reaching hard dude. So now you are going to say we should have tried to scheduled an away meet.

We didn't schedule a Sunday dual this Sunday either. Probably to gain an unfair advantage over Wisconsin as well. Those Brands brothers are always thinking ahead! This is possibly the stupidest argument on this forum right now and that is saying something! Let it go.

One of my favorite movies to quote is Happy Gilmore. I need to change the line a little from gold jacket, green jacket to wrestle on Sunday don't wrestle on Sunday who gives a sh*t.

I do have a question for the Hawkeye fan base. Do you guys know of any top ranked guys, that wrestled in Carver multiple times and never won. The first and really only name I know of is Mark Hall, but he can't be the only one. If he is, this could be a trivia question to win someone a car. You're welcome.

Reactions: johnyt9
One of my favorite movies to quote is Happy Gilmore. I need to change the line a little from gold jacket, green jacket to wrestle on Sunday don't wrestle on Sunday who gives a sh*t.

I do have a question for the Hawkeye fan base. Do you guys know of any top ranked guys, that wrestled in Carver multiple times and never won. The first and really only name I know of is Mark Hall, but he can't be the only one. If he is, this could be a trivia question to win someone a car. You're welcome.
Chris Bono is likely one off the top of the dome.

Iowa wrestles OkSt in Feb. some of you seem to be saying they didn’t have control over that meet being scheduled on an open date. Surely they did and surely Iowa could have had a match on Sunday (non-conference) if they wanted a match on Sunday before wrestling Penn State. It was their choice not too.
Can someone get banned for simply being stupid. I mean really stupid? Just wondering.

I don’t know if we’ve banned him previously or not. I’d say there’s a pretty good chance. If he gets out of line, it will be taken care of. Trust the process.

Z
Is TnT sharing the 3” binder with you, too?
Man, one would think Gold Intel would be something to keep a little closer to the vest.

To sum up:

Probably should have scheduled one on Saturday to simulate B1G's and Nationals, they certainly could have. That would have been even more interesting. All about preparation for March. Thought about going numbered/bullet points but lacked interest in the format.

Reactions: mcpat

Iowa wrestled two duals, two weekends in a row (Minne,Purdue) and (NW, Illinois). NW/Illinois were on the road as was tOSU. You think Brands loved this part of the schedule? You make do. Also, non conference duals are generally scheduled before the mid season tourneys or after the B1G regular season. I believe there is also a limit on non-conference duals. I don't get what your shtick is other than being purposely obtuse (love this word) or making bigger stretches than Big Cass caught in a spladle.

Suriano is 0-2 at Carver. Lost to Gilman and Desanto.

I think all posts on the subject of 2 duals vs. 1 dual should be moved to its own thread, so when it's all done the shear waste of energy can be fully appreciated.

• Haha
Reactions: johnyt9
All the things said about me for simply defending a post I made on the Penn State forum that was ridiculed here. That post simply said it was interesting that Iowa didn’t wrestle on Sunday. It didn’t say anything else. Even talk of banning me. For saying something was interesting and then defending attacks about things I never said. You all want me gone. Okay. I’m sorry. Bye.

All the things said about me for simply defending a post I made on the Penn State forum that was ridiculed here. That post simply said it was interesting that Iowa didn’t wrestle on Sunday. It didn’t say anything else. Even talk of banning me. For saying something was interesting and then defending attacks about things I never said. You all want me gone. Okay. I’m sorry. Bye.
giphy.gif

You have to have some tough skin. You just can’t run away. Grow a set and hang around.

Reactions: Mike Zierath

I always thought that the Big Ten made the conference schedule - if that is not accurate it is definitely a good choice of scheduling by TnT, and I'm sure Cael isn't all that worried about it. It's not like TnT or Cael knew far enough in advance that Spencer wouldn't be wrestling, and PSU would have Hildebrandt and Berge (and probably Dean) in the lineup.

I don’t think many people agree with you, and the ban comment was clearly meant in jest. You can defend yourself but no one here is buying it. Don’t go away crying, or next time you come here you’ll be know as Mrs. Pat.

Welcome to HR during Penn st week. Better come with some good stuff and a thick skin. See, we like tough wrestling.

The PSU posters will be here in force, and are welcome. Just like we would be, and have been, on their boards. Most of them are just fantastic wrestling fans who want to interact with fantastic Iowa wrestling fans. Don't let your comments get away from you.....either side. If you can't be civil, I will deal with it as quickly as I see it.

Realize its going to be a battle.

If you can't say it nice............don't say it. That's all.

Mike
Oy vey...you've got a tiger by the tail. With friends like these.........

I don’t think many people agree with you, and the ban comment was clearly meant in jest. You can defend yourself but no one here is buying it. Don’t go away crying, or next time you come here you’ll be know as Mrs. Pat.
Sorry but we leave the crying to Max.... Sorry that was low hanging fruit.

All said I hope that this dual plays out as good in the real world as it does on paper.
125 should be great. Drake is a young stud in his own right. Drew is a savvy vet.
133 Desato RBY is always good for some action and some occasional drama.
141 dare we hope for Lee Eirman part 4 or is it 5? Mr. counter offence against a pace pusher.
149 Max and Beau. who the heck knows which one for either team will show up.
157 Young and Who the hell knows. I will go with Young here but who the hell knows.
165 The Bull (recently neutered at OSU) or the resurgence of Berge I am going with AM. I actually hope he wins a title as long as it doesn't change the team race. He has been snake bitten at the NCAA's and I sincerely hope that changes.
174 Another rematch. Grandpa Kem against the young CS. A good measure of where each really is. CS has been attacking and Kem getting his legs (shoulder) back. Should be a good measure.
184 Likely the least in doubt match of the dual. Brooks should handle Abe or Nelson.
197 This should be an all out brawl! Max is a beast on top Warner has looked tough the lasts couple matches I have watched him in. Max will be looking to get back on track and might extract a little pain.
HWT. I hope this match is for all the marbles at the end. Smaller quicker Cass against a long lanky Kerk. Neither wrestler is the same as they were a year ago. Should be a fun match and the to the winner goes the spoils.

Hawks or lions all that I hope is the feather and fur is flying in fine fashion! You can't be a wrestling fan and not be a little excited about this dual!

Reactions: Creek Side
The PSU posters will be here in force, and are welcome. Just like we would be, and have been, on their boards. Most of them are just fantastic wrestling fans who want to interact with fantastic Iowa wrestling fans. Don't let your comments get away from you.....either side. If you can't be civil, I will deal with it as quickly as I see it.

Realize its going to be a battle.

If you can't say it nice............don't say it. That's all.

Mike
Mike, if you really want to see a good debate this week you should lift the ignore feature. Past and present. They can handle it, Shirley.

• Haha
Reactions: Aleric1
ADVERTISEMENT