ADVERTISEMENT

Just visited Minny board.

Bandwagon fans this season. They're more tolerable this year because they are finally respectable again.

When they start to struggle again, you'll see the envy that we've always seen.

Their fans in person are not the kindest. Fairweather at best.
Haven't been to a game there so I have no experience with that.
But I believe you.
Worst game experience was at Miami. Oklahoma vs Miami.
Even the cops were heckling people, true story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Go to a game there and you will feel differently. I've had their fans scream curse words in my face. Pick fights with me and my buddies, unprovoked (before an 11 am game). I would NEVER take a young kid to an Iowa game at Minnesota.

As a group, their fans are a drunk bunch. Doesn't help that they serve alcohol at their stadium (they have done so for years).

Funny how things change in a year. Last year if you bought 3 red Barron pizzas you got 2 tickets to the game. Went there last year for the Iowa game and even with all the hawk fans they still couldn't fill the stadium. Now all gopher fans will come out of the woodwork to let everyone know they are life long gopher fans.

Interesting that the 3 programs most like each other (Iowa, NW and MSU) are not faring well. Offense matters. Hate to break it to the Kirk apologists but it takes 30 points to win most games in the modern era of football. Thinking your D is going to hold the opponent to 10 so you can with 13 is highly impractical. It starts with a mobile QB or at least working a backup in the mix for some specific down and distance scenarios.

Interesting that the 3 programs most like each other (Iowa, NW and MSU) are not faring well. Offense matters. Hate to break it to the Kirk apologists but it takes 30 points to win most games in the modern era of football. Thinking your D is going to hold the opponent to 10 so you can with 13 is highly impractical. It starts with a mobile QB or at least working a backup in the mix for some specific down and distance scenarios.
The running back rotation is stupid too imo.
Go with your best back, rest him a few plays now and then like most teams do. Young is tearing it up, pull him. Goodson looking great, get him off the field. Insanity.
Lol

Last edited:
The running back rotation is stupid too imo.
Go with your best back, rest him a few plays now and then like most teams do. Young in tearing it up, pull him. Goodson looking great, get him off the field.
Lol

Agree. Playing 3 backs isn’t a smart move for multiple reasons. Goodson would be my main back because of his versatility and explosiveness .

this is the exact type of iowa team under kf that can lose to Michigan and penn st and wisky yet beat minny ha ha

They hate us because we used to come to the Metrodome 30K strong, so loud the refs threatened an unsportsmanlike penalty on the away team if Iowa didn't quiet down...

Oh yeah and we tore their goalposts down on their field and brought part of them back to IC...
Lol, they may have a point to hate us. Forgot about that.

Ol' Doodle has lived in the Twin Cities for more than a quarter century and been to every Iowa game here since 1992. Doodle has tailgated right outside TCF Stadium many times and taken Little Doodle to every game over the past 13 years and never had one problem.

Just like every fan base....if you judge by the keyboard warriors you'll get a warped opinion. But in real life, the vast majority, minus a few drunken idiots of course, are good folks who just want their team to win.

Doodle has had many friends and colleagues whose kids have gone to The U (as they call it here), and most of them say the same thing..."Yeah, I really don't know for sure why we chant 'Who hates Iowa...?', especially when we're not even playing Iowa. I guess we just think it's funny."

At the end of the day, Iowa fans whine about 15 years since our last Big Ten championship and how we lost the 2016 Rose Bowl. Now try to imagine a conference championship drought of more than FIFTY years, and the last trip to Pasadena occurring with Eisenhower finishing up his last three weeks in the White House. Effing Eisenhower!!

So yeah...as much as Doodle can't stand the thought of losing to them, their "coming out of the woodwork" certainly seems more than justified this time.

Ol' Doodle has lived in the Twin Cities for more than a quarter century and been to every Iowa game here since 1992. Doodle has tailgated right outside TCF Stadium many times and taken Little Doodle to every game over the past 13 years and never had one problem.

Just like every fan base....if you judge by the keyboard warriors you'll get a warped opinion. But in real life, the vast majority, minus a few drunken idiots of course, are good folks who just want their team to win.

Doodle has had many friends and colleagues whose kids have gone to The U (as they call it here), and most of them say the same thing..."Yeah, I really don't know for sure why we chant 'Who hates Iowa...?', especially when we're not even playing Iowa. I guess we just think it's funny."

At the end of the day, Iowa fans whine about 15 years since our last Big Ten championship and how we lost the 2016 Rose Bowl. Now try to imagine a conference championship drought of more than FIFTY years, and the last trip to Pasadena occurring with Eisenhower finishing up his last three weeks in the White House. Effing Eisenhower!!

So yeah...as much as Doodle can't stand the thought of losing to them, their "coming out of the woodwork" certainly seems more than justified this time.
Are you standing around drinking coffee in a corner of a gas station right now? If so you are the bomb. I've never seen an old timer use a cell phone for internet. By the way I love the Golden Girls. I record them on my tivo.

Last edited:
Agree. Playing 3 backs isn’t a smart move for multiple reasons. Goodson would be my main back because of his versatility and explosiveness .
Remember when we used to.use just one back all game? He'd get like 30 carries, and then be left in carrying the ball straight up the middle killing the clock getting hammered at the end of a win. Maybe Robinson got hurt that way?

Anyway, thinking maybe this rotation is a Brian thing. He's talked about it quite a bit I think.

Young, 8 carries/ 42 yds first half, 1 carry for 2 yds to start the second, and never saw him again.

I loved this past summer. I think it fell on a Tuesday.

Minnesota's mascot should be Olaf from Frozen.

image.jpg

"who hates Iowa? We hate Iowa" is a chant often heard at minnesota games............when they aren't playing Iowa.

Reactions: hawkdave007
I had an 85 year old man tell me to go the f home after they beat us in 2010. The only game that was worse I attended was Arizona also in 2010.

Reactions: hawkdave007

how does that explain them chanting "we hate Iowa", when they aren't even playing us....
the select few are extremely loud I guess!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT