ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Clarence Thomas Wants SCOTUS to 'Correct the Error' of Legal Gay Marriage

2 times in 70 years it was brought to the SC and nothing has changed with the 2nd Amendment. Has the 2nd Amendment been overruled?
it wasn't overturned because conservatives were in the majority, all the liberal justices have voted the opposite, hence my post

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Evangelical Christians ARE indeed the sin, RN. Folks who think their shit doesn’t stink are not worth associating with.
I will give you that some Christians act that way, but the majority don't

Evangelical Christians ARE indeed the sin, RN. Folks who think their shit doesn’t stink are not worth associating with.
No coincidence that the 6 judges in the majority are all catholics, beholden to old pedophiles in Italy. This is the problem when you put born and bred religious ideologues in charge of a secular country's whole judiciary system.

I will give you that some Christians act that way, but the majority don't
I didn’t say “ Christian’s” RN…. I said Evangelical Christian’s and tge free is a huge difference… Don’ keep telling me how to live my life and stay out of my bedroom. Go ahead and shoot yourselves up with your guns and make sure everyone has at least one.. after all, it is your right. What bothers me is apparently I don’t have any rights any more… and apparently your daughter doesn’t have as many as you any more. And the anarchy of the right wing is just starting…. Same sex marriage is next.

No coincidence that the 6 judges in the majority are all catholics, beholden to old pedophiles in Italy. This is the problem when you put born and bred religious ideologues in charge of a secular country's whole judiciary system.
The FF for the most part would just shit if they were here today. For the most part these guys believed in a higher power but they also understood the danger of being ruled by a particular religion. They chose to go the “religion neutral” course… and as America grew more fearful and dumb Since WW2, it moved to a fundamentalist theocracy as its solution.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
I didn’t say “ Christian’s” RN…. I said Evangelical Christian’s and tge free is a huge difference… Don’ keep telling me how to live my life and stay out of my bedroom. Go ahead and shoot yourselves up with your guns and make sure everyone has at least one.. after all, it is your right. What bothers me is apparently I don’t have any rights any more… and apparently your daughter doesn’t have as many as you any more. And the anarchy of the right wing is just starting…. Same sex marriage is next.
Kavanaugh and Alito disagree

Kavanaugh and Alito disagree
You have never been lied to before? See what Thomas said. He is dumb enough to tell you what’s coming down the pike. Kavanaugh just wants another drink and Alito is bust writing his memoirs reminding us all what an intellect he is! This is an academically challenged Court and that is being generous. Sad days ahead for America.

Reactions: HawkMD
This is such a bullshit cop out answer for the religious folks.

No one ever says this about every day sins, just the ones that makes them uncomfortable.
I just admitted that I was a sinner, how am I not talking about it?

Million dollar question... is this just an abortion thing? Does the GOP, as a whole, really find gay marriage problematic enough that they'll have the necessary support to go after it?
The theocratic wing of the GQP does... and, that is who is running the party.

Ah yes, the right to interstate travel. Where does that one appear in the Constitution?

And to the former point, that’s all dicta. They can decide to overrule the other decisions whenever they like.

Nothing is safe. The wingnuts are dancing in the street over the abortion ban not realizing this incursion into individual rights is the tip of the iceberg. Abortion was the catalyst. The hot button issue needed to sell to the unwitting. Now the dummies, or those smart enough to realize will be looking around wondering WTF happened.

You have never been lied to before? See what Thomas said. He is dumb enough to tell you what’s coming down the pike. Kavanaugh just wants another drink and Alito is bust writing his memoirs reminding us all what an intellect he is! This is an academically challenged Court and that is being generous. Sad days ahead for America.

They are liars and deceivers.

It’s absolutely what they want to do. They played the long game.
Not that I am “that smart” but I have seen this coming ever since Clinton was POTUS. Clinton really pissed off Republicans because he showed them how easy being President could be! Repubbers are baffled and still trying to figure it out. Another reason why I love Bill!

Reactions: Thunderlips71
I have been assured that when I would made this claim in 2000, 2004, 2010, and 2016 that I was overreacting.
And now at least one Supreme Court judge has made it clear they are going after same sex marriage next. I was also told I was overreacting on that too. Hmm... pretty much everyone I thought about Republicans is coming true.

Reactions: RileyHawk
I thought only white men were full of hate and prejudice??

Lmfao Bahaha

Have you never read the works of NWA?

But don't let it be a black and a white one
'Cause they'll slam ya down to the street top
Black police showin' out for the white cop…

And now at least one Supreme Court judge has made it clear they are going after same sex marriage next. I was also told I was overreacting on that too. Hmm... pretty much everyone I thought about Republicans is coming true.
Anyone who doesn’t think or denies that those on the right aren’t looking to restrict same sex marriage or queer rights are lying. This is certainly a goal of theirs. More guns visible....fewer visible gays and lesbians is part of their perfect Rockwellian Amerika.

Reactions: srams21
Any chance Thomas is just a legal purist? Has nothing against contraception, gay marriage, etc., but just thinks from a legal standpoint the cases were decided wrong?
Hey, get used to it...Thomas will become this Court’s whipping boy, just as you and your had fun with RBG in her later years. The difference here is that RBG was intellectually acute and nimble in the law......Thomas has shown himself to be very commercial as a Justice ( and that is being kind).

ADVERTISEMENT