ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Howard losing his shit.

He's probably gonna get fired, but the only way he could survive is with a completely abject apology, but the odds are that if he does survive this he's just gonna lose it again sometime down the road.

Bobby Knight assaulted that chair, but I don't think he ever threw a punch at anybody during or just after a game.

Reactions: BioHawk and Moral
He's probably gonna get fired, but the only way he could survive is with a completely abject apology, but the odds are that if he does survive this he's just gonna lose it again sometime down the road.

Bobby Knight assaulted that chair, but I don't think he ever threw a punch at anybody during or just after a game.
Saved those for practice. When no one was looking.

Maybe if B1G refs weren’t so into “letting them play” less of this crap would happen.
This. It used to be if you fouled someone it was called. Now some games you can get away with things that could get you a restraining order in everyday life.

Reactions: Moral
He was hiding in the locker room before the first punch was thrown. Guys like him know when trouble is a brewing and where the safe spots are.
You can see him at the end of the video trying to pull coaches out of the scrum. It's weird watching him play peacemaker.

Edit: Nevermind, I saw someone else and thought it was him. No idea where he was.

Gard puts his hands on Howard first, and who knows what the Wisconsin assistants were saying when they started jawing at the Michigan coaches.

Michigan absolutely could fire Howard and they would be justified in doing so, but Howard isn’t the one who started the incident.

Last edited:
Yes! This is being completely overlooked. Howard was yapping and going to walk by until Gard grabbed him. This doesn’t mean Howard was ok with what he did but Gard needs to be held accountable a bit here too.
I think you meant to say that what Howard did was still inexcusable, but it didn't come out of the blue. If so, I agree with that.

As a head coach, you can't do those things. You just can't. I don't care if the other coach called him an n-bomb, you need to walk away and let the investigation do its job. The more I think about this the more unbelievably stupid Howard's behavior is.

In his defense, Timeouts are a sore spot for him…

PRu1PBDspqxqWuryk6ttZ_dV8_I3BvfJPcslka0J_5A.jpg

He might need the race card to save his job.
Yeah, that’s not going to fly. Say what you want about cancel culture, but minorities are most certainly not exempt from it. Just ask Whoopi.

That said, I do think Howard gets a suspension from the B1G. This might not be the first time he flew off the handle, but he isn’t exactly an incompetent coach. Now if the wheels completely fall off and Michigan has an embarrassing early 1st round exit or misses the postseason altogether, they may revisit next month.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
Illinois' coach has been harping on some bizarre thought to have an internal fight club at a pizza hut ever since they played Rutgers last week

You got some links plz? I would like to learn more about this

WGN has made it a point to play clips from his press conferences during their sports segment the last few nights on the 10pm news, they must find it as funny as i do. It started with a loss to rutgers where he thought they looked soft and has snowballed from how they should sit down at a pizza hut to the next night he wants to lock them in a pizza hut to the next night where he wants to strap on the pads and have it out at pizza hut to the admin not allowing them to fight about it but he still wants to go to pizza hut.

The dude wants 2 things - pizza hut and his team to fight eachother, in whatever order it needs to happen

WGN has made it a point to play clips from his press conferences during their sports segment the last few nights on the 10pm news, they must find it as funny as i do. It started with a loss to rutgers where he thought they looked soft and has snowballed from how they should sit down at a pizza hut to the next night he wants to lock them in a pizza hut to the next night where he wants to strap on the pads and have it out at pizza hut to the admin not allowing them to fight about it but he still wants to go to pizza hut.

The dude wants 2 things - pizza hut and his team to fight eachother, in whatever order it needs to happen
Good NIL opportunity perhaps.

A super MAGA who's all about the accountability for bad behavior chimes in.
Why on Earth do you feel the need to bring anything "MAGA" into this conversation?

Sounds like you're acknowledging this man won't get fired because he's black.

Portnoy had a video up on TikTok, taken down, where he said Howard was the one assaulted and he demands an apology from Wisconsin 😂

You cannot do that as a coach, not ever. You are the leader of young men. Act like a leader. There is no place for this shit in NCAA basketball, or sports in general. There is nothing that someone could say to act like that. It’s a lack of class and he should be nowhere near a sideline for a long time.

Lol, Wisconsin AD claiming that injuries resulted. IDK, maybe Howard scratched the cornea of the assistant coach, or something? If so, he gone.

Also, Howard claims he was defending himself. Umm ... okay?

Lol, Wisconsin AD claiming that injuries resulted. IDK, maybe Howard scratched the cornea of the assistant coach, or something? If so, he gone.

Also, Howard claims he was defending himself. Umm ... okay?
Defending himself?

he reached over 3 people to take a swing at the badger assistant. The dude has major anger management issues and wasn’t happy Bucky pushed his team around at home.

Believe I read somewhere the conference can only suspend him 2 games. Obviously Michigan could do more if that’s true. I don’t think he gets fired. If he completely initiated it; most likely he would; but he’s got a fairly decent claim it was retaliatory. I definitely think he took it too far though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT