ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Howard losing his shit.

Gard was just going to shake his hand, until Howard started yelling at him in the handshake line. It all erupted from there.
Howard just walks by, and there would have been no issues.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Gard was just going to shake his hand, until Howard started yelling at him in the handshake line. It all erupted from there.
Lol nah. Gard clearly starts to say stuff to Howard, who is already agitated, as they first meet, and it looks to me like Gard actually touched Howard first.

Howard was just more aggressive in this situation.

Lol nah. Gard clearly starts to say stuff to Howard, who is already agitated, as they first meet, and it looks to me like Gard actually touched Howard first.

Howard assaulted one of the coaches, he should be arrested before he flees the state.

I would guess the normal stuff one says while walking through the line. Gard was not being aggressive. This is on Howard and his temper.

What was the "time out" he was not happy about?

EDIT: saw the 2nd video

Was this called when the game was basically over? B/c that is pretty much a dick move if you're up 20 with < a minute left.
Michigan was putting on a full court press against Wisconsin’s scout team for the last 45 seconds of the game, down 20. A timeout was called by WI because they had 2 turnovers during that span, in addition to making a point to Howard.

Gard went out if his way to confront Howard. Howard wasn't in the mood. Obviously his reaction was completely out of line. But to pretend Gard did nothing wrong is nonsense.
First, I don't have any opinion on Gard. I had no idea who the Wisconsin basketball coach was until today.
I believe he was going through the line and wanted to move on from the unpleasantness at the end of the game and forget about it. Howard immediately saw red and grabbed the front of Gard's coat and it went from there.

No one is justifying Howard’s actions, only pointing out that Gard shares some (much smaller) responsibility for the incident.
Hate to break it to you. If you response is anything but "Fire him now" you are tyring to justify it.

Saying well he got in his way, so keep walking or you know be an adult. People get in my way all the time I don't start arguments or swing at them.

Hate to break it to you. If you response is anything but "Fire him now" you are tyring to justify it.

Saying well he got in his way, so keep walking or you know be an adult. People get in my way all the time I don't start arguments or swing at them.
That’s silly. Howard was in the wrong and should be punished (at minimum should be suspended for the rest of the season). Pointing out that Gard shouldn’t have grabbed Howard is not justifying Howard’s actions.

That’s silly. Howard was in the wrong and should be punished (at minimum should be suspended for the rest of the season). Pointing out that Gard shouldn’t have grabbed Howard is not justifying Howard’s actions.
Hate to break it to you, again, it is.

Its jsutifying, minimizing and everything else you can think of to explain Howard's reaction. No coach should ever throw a punch and you and other reaction is wellllll Gard acted like a bad guy too, for you know talking, is just that. If your reaction is anything but Fire Howard, you're a bad person who is trying to justify a coach throwing a punch. Its the sports equivelant of that rape vicitm shouldn't have worn that short skirt.

Sorry to break it to you.

Hate to break it to you, again, it is.

Its jsutifying, minimizing and everything else you can think of to explain Howard's reaction. No coach should ever throw a punch and you and other reaction is wellllll Gard acted like a bad guy too, for you know talking, is just that. If your reaction is anything but Fire Howard, you're a bad person who is trying to justify a coach throwing a punch. Its the sports equivelant of that rape vicitm shouldn't have worn that short skirt.

Sorry to break it to you.
Sorry to break it to you, but this is an idiotic take. When multiple people do something they shouldn’t have, it’s okay to criticize both of them, even when one is way more wrong than the other. Nuance does, in fact, exist.

If you had two kids, and Kid #1 pinched Kid #2, so Kid #2 responded by slapping Kid #1 in the face, would you refuse to scold Kid #1 for pinching their sibling for fear of “justifying” Kid #2’s slap? I would hope not, because that would be a really stupid thing to do.

Uh, no.

Howard was trying to walk by without saying a word, when Gard grabs his elbow and turns it. That’s when Howard loses his shit. Howard is an idiot and a hothead, but Gard could have just walked past and there would have been no incident.

I’m sure Wisconsin players and coaches were acting like douches too, as they do that every single game. They did it in Bloomington earlier this week:

No suspension for last years incident at Maryland? And people wonder why certain individuals behave this way. When they never face consequences.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
No one is justifying Howard’s actions, only pointing out that Gard shares some (much smaller) responsibility for the incident.
It doesn't matter what Gard did unless Gard had also thrown a punch. A coach can't lose control to the point where they're throwing punches. It wasn't even an instantaneous situation, it occurred way after the physical contact between Gard and Howard and Howard was responding to a different "provocation".

By the point that Howard threw the punch he should have already been back in control and trying to defuse the situation. Sure, it looks like Gard acted inappropriately as well and probably deserves a one-game suspension or whatever, but Gard didn't cross the "throwing a punch" dotted line that should result in a Coach getting canned.

Uh, no.

Howard was trying to walk by without saying a word, when Gard grabs his elbow and turns it. That’s when Howard loses his shit. Howard is an idiot and a hothead, but Gard could have just walked past and there would have been no incident.

I’m sure Wisconsin players and coaches were acting like douches too, as they do that every single game. They did it in Bloomington earlier this week:

what did Davis do at Indiana? Wave to the crowd?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT