ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Howard losing his shit.

Rarely does race get brought up in discussions about basketball or football anymore, especially since most fans have moved on from puerile musings about black quarterbacks. The right-wingers going straight to suppositions about role reversals of race in the context of sports are fugging idiots who need to evolve.
Put a better way. If Mark Few does that he gets another chance. Fran, Otz, Devries etc does it good bye.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
That press conference man. Zero flipping remorse.
To me, that’s the most telling thing. After emotions have subsided, Howard is talking about being from the hood.

Lol. Well, two things:

1. If you’re going to talk about being from the hood, then don’t throw a pussy slap/face grab like that. Knock that bitch ass white boy the f#ck out. 😁

2. If you believe repping your hood has a place in B1G Ten basketball, especially as a representative from a prestigious university like Michigan, then you have no business even being a towel boy let alone head coach of the Michigan Wolverines.

To me, that’s the most telling thing. After emotions have subsided, Howard is talking about being from the hood.

Lol. Well, two things:

1. If you’re going to talk about being from the hood, then don’t throw a pussy slap/face grab like that. Knock that bitch ass white boy the f#ck out. 😁

2. If you believe repping your hood has a place in B1G Ten basketball, especially as a representative from a prestigious university like Michigan, then you have no business even being a towel boy let alone head coach of the Michigan Wolverines.
Absolute lack of maturity. Clearly doesn't understand that he isn't a player anymore. You're being paid like an adult. Act like one.

LOL. Did you just miss the whole cycle about "Black coaches in the NFL" and the Brian Flores incident?
Hence why I said rarely. When politics enter football or basketball, then race is brought up (and sometimes not without merit). No question. However, when it comes to the actual game or altercations that occur during a game, no one thinks to talk about race. (Unless Luka Doncic—IIRC—gets called a “bitch ass white boy” and white and black pundits talk about that particular double standard.)

For the most part, though, no, race does not usually get brought up in major sports like football and basketball as it relates to the actual game and what transpires during the actual game.

Hence why I said rarely. When politics enter football or basketball, then race is brought up (and sometimes not without merit). No question. However, when it comes to the actual game or altercations that occur during a game, no one thinks to talk about race. (Unless Luka Doncic—IIRC—gets called a “bitch ass white boy” and white and black pundits talk about that particular double standard.)

For the most part, though, no, race does not usually get brought up in major sports like football and basketball as it relates to the actual game and what transpires during the actual game.
You're being serioius?

So your example of racism being brought into sports in recent years is Luka Doncic being called a white boy?

This is the dominant Narrative?

How much is rent in the rock you live under?

You're being serioius?

So your example of racism being brought into sports in recent years is Luka Doncic being called a white boy?

This is the dominant Narrative?

How much is rent in the rock you live under?
Lol. Your reading comprehension issues are not my problem.

I clearly and unambiguously stated race is injected into sports when politics are welcomed in. When it comes to the actual games, though, no, race is rarely brought into discussions. It wasn’t that hard to understand provided you possess at worst 7th-grade-level reading comprehension skills.

Oh, and I own the rock I live under. The taxes, though, are outrageous!

If Howard isn't ousted then all BigX teams need to agree to turn and walk away at the end of all basketball games played against Michigan. Just turn and walk back to the locker room, a united front...

Maybe they should all try to pick a fight with him after the game? 😆

When I first saw it, I thought Howard just sits the rest of the season. After seeing some of the posts here, if this was a regular workplace instead of sports, Howard would be fired pretty quickly. I don't now if the AD has done this or not, but he needs to call a team meeting and tell everyone that fighting isn't going to be tolerated by anyone.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
When I first saw it, I thought Howard just sits the rest of the season. After seeing some of the posts here, if this was a regular workplace instead of sports, Howard would be fired pretty quickly. I don't now if the AD has done this or not, but he needs to call a team meeting and tell everyone that fighting isn't going to be tolerated by anyone.

A player I would suspend for the season. A coach . . . he should go.

If Howard isn't ousted then all BigX teams need to agree to turn and walk away at the end of all basketball games played against Michigan. Just turn and walk back to the locker room, a united front...
I don’t see it happening but it would actually be pretty cool.

Reactions: pink shizzle
The thing that really needs to be discussed is the quality of the “slap” Howard delivered.

1) anybody calling it a punch is an idiot
2) calling it a “slap” is being generous
3) is there name for a “hard caress”. Because that’s a more accurate description of what Howard delivered….watch the slow motion. Makes me think he wanted to invite that assistant over for night cap or something

He's the biggest hypocrite of all. Just 2 games ago vs. Ohio State, Howard called a TO with 35 seconds left in the game, leading by 14 points and still had starters Dickinson and Brooks in the game who each got a shot off before the game ended. Brooks hit a 3 pointer...
On top of that, he had his team in a full court press against the scout team. So, that's okay but calling a timeout isn't?

Wasn't Howard's punch an assault?

It was illegal, right?

Shouldn't he have been arrested then?

Would be interesting if the guy who got smacked insisted on pressing charges; he certainly seems to have a case. Even if you think the whole thing was initiated by Gard having the gall to touch Howard, the assistant coach had nothing to do with that. He was trying to play peacemaker & get everyone separated, and as thanks got smacked in the head.

The thing that really needs to be discussed is the quality of the “slap” Howard delivered.

3) is there name for a “hard caress”. Because that’s a more accurate description of what Howard delivered….watch the slow motion. Makes me think he wanted to invite that assistant over for night cap or something
That was the result. I think Howard would have hit him with a closed fist if he could have. It looked like having to reach over guys changed the result. Only Howard knows what he intended.

That was the result. I think Howard would have hit him with a closed fist if he could have. It looked like having to reach over guys changed the result. Only Howard knows what he intended.
I thought he tried to “pull the punch”….that’s my forensic analysis 🧐

Absolute lack of maturity. Clearly doesn't understand that he isn't a player anymore. You're being paid like an adult. Act like one.
I’m a few years behind, but the lady and I have been watching “The Good Doctor” on Hulu. Howard’s PC was like watching Dr. Murphy try to apologize to a nurse by saying “If I show you why I was right, then you’ll see why I don’t need to say sorry.”

Does the law look at an open handed hit vs closed fist hit differently when judging assaults?

In the neighborhood I grew up, a hand to the head, open or closed, wasn't something that was done with good intentions.
True…but after watching it…and seeing the assistants reaction. It was pretty much a love tap…

I still think he’s at fault and needs to be punished. Just don’t think he needs to lose his job over it

Reactions: hawkcub
True…but after watching it…and seeing the assistants reaction. It was pretty much a love tap…

I still think he’s at fault and needs to be punished. Just don’t think he needs to lose his job over it
Like I said in my first post, I didn't think so either, at the time.

Just out of curiosity, how would you judge how hard the hit would have to be to get fired? Kermit Washington?

Last edited:
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Like I said in my first post, I didn't think so either, at the time.

Just out of curiosity, how would you just how hard the hit would have to be to get fired? Kermit Washington?
Good point. It’s unacceptable regardless. I can definitely see both sides of the argument.

I just think if he delivered a more serious shot I’d be more apt to be on the “he needs to be fired” line. Maybe not great reasoning but that’s where I’m at on this….

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
Would be interesting if the guy who got smacked insisted on pressing charges; he certainly seems to have a case. Even if you think the whole thing was initiated by Gard having the gall to touch Howard, the assistant coach had nothing to do with that. He was trying to play peacemaker & get everyone separated, and as thanks got smacked in the head.

It looked like the assistant coach was heckling Howard.

Reactions: torbee
I bet dollars to donuts Krabby was talking shit. Not saying he should be punched, but like most filthy badgers, he is also a shit-talker. He clearly interjected and said something that caused thin-skinned sociopath Howard to react.

Just a lot of asshattery all around, IMO.

You can't tell me you didn't want to punch him as well..

5861a401c3a8d.image.jpg

Similar to a face wash in hockey.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

Well it was a slap up side the head, but then he closed his fist to let the guy know what would be coming next if his guys hadn't pulled him away

ADVERTISEMENT