ADVERTISEMENT

New Story K.J. Sails Update

Apr 8, 2003
Spoke with Florida defensive back K.J. Sails on the phone just before he boarded his plane to leave Iowa today. He said it was a great visit this weekend and the atmosphere really stood out to him on Saturday night. In talking with the coaches, they told him he could play cornerback or safety in their system, but they really like his skills as a lockdown corner and could see him playing right away.

Sails' host for the weekend was Adrian Falconer, who is also from Florida, and told Sails he loves it at Iowa. Overall, he felt very welcomed.

Sails is still planning to take all 5 of his official visits before committing anywhere. He goes to Wisconsin next weekend and will be scheduling his 3 others in the near future. He did say he will be releasing a top 3 shortly (which will include Iowa, Wisconsin, and one other -- I get the feeling it might be Utah), but regardless he wants to take all 5 visits.

http://sports.yahoo.com/iowa/football/recruiting/player-K.J.-Sails-170924

---

Florida defensive back K.J. Sails is on his way back home tonight after taking an official visit to the University of Iowa this weekend. For the 5-foot-11, 163-pound Sails, it was his second trip to Iowa City, but the first chance he has had to watch a game at Kinnick Stadium. On Saturday night, the three-star prospect watched the Hawkeyes come away with a last second victory 27-24 over visiting Pittsburgh.

“It was great,” said Sails. “I loved the atmosphere, the fans, and the coaches.”

“The game really stood out,” he continued. “That’s what I was looking forward to seeing the most was the atmosphere and it was great.”

With Iowa already sitting at 23 verbal commitments in the Class of 2016, the Hawkeye coaching staff sees Sails as one of the final pieces to the puzzle with the ability to line up at cornerback or safety and play early in his career.

“Coach Ferentz said that I could have a chance to come in and play right away,” said Sails. “They could see me playing corner or safety, but really like me as true lockdown corner.”

Sails’ host for the weekend at Iowa was wide receiver Adrian Falconer, who is originally from Leesburg, FL, and is getting some playing time as a true freshman for the Hawkeyes this year.

“He loves it,” Sails said of Falconer. “He really made me feel welcomed and I loved it there.”

Still, there will be no rushed decisions in Sails’ recruitment. The Florida native went into the season with a clear plan to take all five of his official visits before committing anywhere. With the Iowa visit in the books, Sails will go to Wisconsin next weekend and start scheduling his last three trips in the near future.

Reactions: zhawk88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.