ADVERTISEMENT

Kaden Wetjen

I wondered why they didn’t take a look at it again. Thought his left foot was still in down the sideline. Good debut for sure.
Those two side judges were terrible. This run looked like a td and the catch by Lachey was solid. Both should have called a td and catch then let review overturn if necessary.

I think this is the same crew that called the Iowa Minnesota game last year where Campbell intercepted the pass and zigzagged his way down the field for a pick 6, only to be called out of bounds when he wasn’t by the same guy that called Wetjen out of bounds. Criminal to say the least and get some glasses.

Those two side judges were terrible. This run looked like a td and the catch by Lachey was solid. Both should have called a td and catch then let review overturn if necessary.

I think this is the same crew that called the Iowa Minnesota game last year where Campbell intercepted the pass and zigzagged his way down the field for a pick 6, only to be called out of bounds when he wasn’t by the same guy that called Wetjen out of bounds. Criminal to say the least and get some glasses.

Not the same crew...same referee and back judge, but everyone else was different.

Cold games. Hot games. They just do the extremes.

Earlier this month Copeland indicated that he was very high on walk-on Kaden Wetjen (5-10, 196) of Williamsburg, who might be the fastest player on the team. Today we saw why. Kaden had 3 carries for 22 yards (long of 14).

This was almost a TD.

Good post, thanks, and yes he is fast with good cutting ability. He needs to be used like a Charley Jones, Riley McCarron, and other slot type receivers who are fast.

We need speed and moves at the receiver position. I liked Seth Anderson also. Nico can get open. Now need to get the Kaleb from Ohio State into the game.

I think Iowa is going to need to throw on first down often and successfully to back defenses out of the box.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Good post, thanks, and yes he is fast with good cutting ability. He needs to be used like a Charley Jones, Riley McCarron, and other slot type receivers who are fast.

We need speed and moves at the receiver position. I liked Seth Anderson also. Nico can get open. Now need to get the Kaleb from Ohio State into the game.

I think Iowa is going to need to throw on first down often and successfully to back defenses out of the box.
You are on the money. This year Iowa will be unlikely to be a run first/pass second offense. Iowa under Kirk has a history of getting more physical as the season wears on - I expect that to be the case again this year.

Hopefully the announcers will pronounce his name correctly. It’s “wee’-jin”
Wee, wee, WEEEEEE-Jin.
pig GIF

Earlier this month Copeland indicated that he was very high on walk-on Kaden Wetjen (5-10, 196) of Williamsburg, who might be the fastest player on the team. Today we saw why. Kaden had 3 carries for 22 yards (long of 14).

This was almost a TD.

You HAVE to get a fast player running north and south. That is where their speed becomes a difference maker. Using Wetjen on jet sweeps and we can't get it to where he is running north and south or he has little room because of the sidelines, makes it much less effective. That has been the issue. I would like us to incorporate some different plays where he is running North and south out of the backfield.

You HAVE to get a fast player running north and south. That is where their speed becomes a difference maker. Using Wetjen on jet sweeps and we can't get it to where he is running north and south or he has little room because of the sidelines, makes it much less effective. That has been the issue. I would like us to incorporate some different plays where he is running North and south out of the backfield.
Right on, right on! Been a schematic problem for a long time and should be a regular feature of our offense not a rare occasion (deep bomb only) throw away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT