ADVERTISEMENT

Kadyn and family

Nov 7, 2017
As I sit here and read the negative posts from some of you keyboard warriors, this is still a young man that you all are putting down. Kadyn and his mom, still have his decision looming. You warriors are not true Hawkeye fans if you’re putting down a kid trying to make a decision that’s best for himself and his family. Kadyn and mom, I truly want to say sorry from the Hawkeye Community! Some of us understand that the decision is a tough one and I will support a homegrown Iowa ball player no matter where he goes! Sometimes we have to put things aside and look at the bigger picture! The talent that you have Kadyn is unmatched! You have committed to Iowa but I understand things do change! I truly hope to see you in the black and gold but will support you regardless! Good luck young man and ball out where ever your journey takes you! Just know you have a lot of support here in Iowa from true fans and we all would love to see you join the SWARM!

With respect
West

Last edited:
As I sit here and read the negative posts from some of you computer warriors, this is still a young man that you all are putting down. Kadyn and his mom, still have his decision looming. You warriors are not true Hawkeye fans if you’re putting down a kid trying to make a decision that’s best for himself and his family. Kadyn and mom, I truly want to say sorry from the Hawkeye Community! Some of us understand that the decision is a tough one and I will support a homegrown Iowa ball player no matter where he goes! Sometimes we have to put things aside and look at the bigger picture! The talent that you have Kadyn is unmatched! You have committed to Iowa but I understand things so change! I truly hope to see you in the black and gold but will support you regardless! Good luck young man and ball out where ever your journey takes you! Just know you have a lot of support here in Iowa from true fans and we all would love to see you join the SWARM!

With respect
West
About time we got another Proctor thread. Phhhhhew. I was getting worried.

As I sit here and read the negative posts from some of you computer warriors, this is still a young man that you all are putting down. Kadyn and his mom, still have his decision looming. You warriors are not true Hawkeye fans if you’re putting down a kid trying to make a decision that’s best for himself and his family. Kadyn and mom, I truly want to say sorry from the Hawkeye Community! Some of us understand that the decision is a tough one and I will support a homegrown Iowa ball player no matter where he goes! Sometimes we have to put things aside and look at the bigger picture! The talent that you have Kadyn is unmatched! You have committed to Iowa but I understand things so change! I truly hope to see you in the black and gold but will support you regardless! Good luck young man and ball out where ever your journey takes you! Just know you have a lot of support here in Iowa from true fans and we all would love to see you join the SWARM!

With respect
West
Proctor was going to come to Iowa but after this creepy post, I think he changed his mind.

I don't agree with some of the things that people have probably written about the Proctors, but when you want a lot of attention, you're going to get a percent of people that are going to be disrespectful.

Also, these are professional athletes we are talking about, not some young kid going to college. I refuse to call some of these players "college athletes". They just aren't.

It’s pretty easy to pick out the problem children just by reading only the first sentence of most replies! I am also embarrassed by a large percentage of the childish, selfish crap that is put on this board. Every iowa fan has the right to be disappointed but I often wonder how mentally stable some of these folks are. Don’t they realize they are only making the problems worse? If I were a kid or the parents of a kid in this position……I would be looking somewhere else based only on the fact that some of the fans have real issues!

Another thread about "THE DECISION"

family-guy-fart.gif

It’s pretty easy to pick out the problem children just by reading only the first sentence of most replies! I am also embarrassed by a large percentage of the childish, selfish crap that is put on this board. Every iowa fan has the right to be disappointed but I often wonder how mentally stable some of these folks are. Don’t they realize they are only making the problems worse? If I were a kid or the parents of a kid in this position……I would be looking somewhere else based only on the fact that some of the fans have real issues!

Dead ON!

As I sit here and read the negative posts from some of you keyboard warriors, this is still a young man that you all are putting down. Kadyn and his mom, still have his decision looming. You warriors are not true Hawkeye fans if you’re putting down a kid trying to make a decision that’s best for himself and his family. Kadyn and mom, I truly want to say sorry from the Hawkeye Community! Some of us understand that the decision is a tough one and I will support a homegrown Iowa ball player no matter where he goes! Sometimes we have to put things aside and look at the bigger picture! The talent that you have Kadyn is unmatched! You have committed to Iowa but I understand things do change! I truly hope to see you in the black and gold but will support you regardless! Good luck young man and ball out where ever your journey takes you! Just know you have a lot of support here in Iowa from true fans and we all would love to see you join the SWARM!

With respect
West
I don't agree with anyone personally targeting a player and/or his family. But, your post is a little over the top too. I think for most IOWA HAWKEYE fans they look at it that either you are a hawk or not. Period. Players that Jack Campbell, Tyler Linderbaum, Aaron Graves to name a few are true Hawks, was never questioned, and the fans felt that they were in it with them as much as the fans were in it with the players.

Case in point is the 2 receivers last year. Nobody really had a problem with Tyrone Tracy leaving. He seemed to be a good guy, things weren't really working out here, and when he decided to leave most people were ok with it and probably even wished him a little luck. Charlie Jones was totally different, not because we thought he was a better player, but because of when he did it.

This Proctor thing is similar. If he had never committed, never wrote or said the things he did about being a Hawk and then he leaves, people will be very very jaded. On top of that, if he does the whole hat bullshit thing and picks up the Iowa hat and then throws it down and picks up the Bama hat, there will be people that will really wish for bad things to happen to him. Because not only do they feel jaded, but now you had to insult us on the way out the door.

My view is that much like Jones, if he leaves for Bama he is really dead to me. I don't care. I don't wish any ill will but nor do I root for him to have success. If he insults us, I don't wish for him to get hurt but I would be pleased if he is a flop and never gets off the bench and ends up irrelevant.

But I have to say this too. If he does turn around and sign with the Hawks, I will be glad he did and I hope he can help us at tackle. But, because purely of the actions of him and his family, I will never look at him in the same light as the true unwavering Hawks we have and have had in the past. And that he brought completely on himself. Maybe he doesn't care about that now, but, there comes a time in a man's life that you start thinking about your legacy and what you meant to the people that you touched along the way. He had a chance to be an all-time great at Iowa but I am not so sure that can even happen now. People tend to have long memories when it comes to trust or lack thereof.

You just have to know that IOWA fans are not unique. Every team has a message board and they melt down in exactly the same way when these types of things happen. Its not an excuse nor do I partake in that, I am just telling you how it is.

I've been trying to count all the Iowa football players who have actually changed my way of life and danged if I can think of one.

Reactions: HawkinMN

With respect
West
Sheep do not speak for Wolves, As cringeworthy as those turds were who got on social media to beef with the Kid and Family it isn't half s cringeworthy as this statement trying to speak for others . , Comn Man , Man law 101 .

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye

With respect
West
BS. Of course a kid can and should go to whatever school he feels most comfortable at. But you making excuses for this nonsense crap, he's only 18 years old blah, blah. Grow some kahones and have a little class. Tell Iowa you want to go somewhere else and don't wait until the eve of signing day. That is classless trash, and shows he comes from no breeding and was never taught how to treat people.

With respect
West
I wonder if you still feel the same. Maybe you can invite him, his mom and Saban over for a Christmas get together and share a Christmas dinner and some goodwill.

BS. Of course a kid can and should go to whatever school he feels most comfortable at. But you making excuses for this nonsense crap, he's only 18 years old blah, blah. Grow some kahones and have a little class. Tell Iowa you want to go somewhere else and don't wait until the eve of signing day. That is classless trash, and shows he comes from no breeding and was never taught how to treat people.
Maybe after how the season played out he had second thoughts and changed his mind. He’s a kid changing his mind on where he wants to go to college and somehow that proves he “comes from no breeding?” GTFO

Maybe after how the season played out he had second thoughts and changed his mind. He’s a kid changing his mind on where he wants to go to college and somehow that proves he “comes from no breeding?” GTFO
I think he just made himself a highschool millionaire. Can't knock that. Just dont want to see Hawkeye fans treat the family bad because of how it played it out.

If a 5 star receiver committed to Alabama announced he was flipping to Iowa today, would you encourage him to honor his commitment to Bama and say that if he didn’t, it shows he had character flaws? No matter what you say, we all know what the real answer is.
True. But on the bright side it frees up a bunch of nil to fill in needs on offense.

Reactions: hawk224
People just care too much so they act out, but with how some kids are handling things major college athletics may be headed to a dysfunctional death.
Sure the fans want to watch the kids play, but they are not necessarily what ties fans to the universities. Hell, I already stopped donating to my alma mater over plenty of other things, if things get much uglier I can see a lot of this stuff start drying up.
Kids can act how they like but when it gets dramatic it turns more and more people off and in time it will dry up.
Remember it was only a few years back that people thought football might die out because of brain injuries, I expect one such thing such as that combined with jaded fans might change things within a decade at this rate.

Proctor was going to come to Iowa but after this creepy post, I think he changed his mind.

I don't agree with some of the things that people have probably written about the Proctors, but when you want a lot of attention, you're going to get a percent of people that are going to be disrespectful.

Also, these are professional athletes we are talking about, not some young kid going to college. I refuse to call some of these players "college athletes". They just aren't.
Who are "the Proctors"? Just asking.....I don't believe thats his Mom's or step Dads names....

Reactions: Speedway1
I don't agree with anyone personally targeting a player and/or his family. But, your post is a little over the top too. I think for most IOWA HAWKEYE fans they look at it that either you are a hawk or not. Period. Players that Jack Campbell, Tyler Linderbaum, Aaron Graves to name a few are true Hawks, was never questioned, and the fans felt that they were in it with them as much as the fans were in it with the players.

Case in point is the 2 receivers last year. Nobody really had a problem with Tyrone Tracy leaving. He seemed to be a good guy, things weren't really working out here, and when he decided to leave most people were ok with it and probably even wished him a little luck. Charlie Jones was totally different, not because we thought he was a better player, but because of when he did it.

This Proctor thing is similar. If he had never committed, never wrote or said the things he did about being a Hawk and then he leaves, people will be very very jaded. On top of that, if he does the whole hat bullshit thing and picks up the Iowa hat and then throws it down and picks up the Bama hat, there will be people that will really wish for bad things to happen to him. Because not only do they feel jaded, but now you had to insult us on the way out the door.

My view is that much like Jones, if he leaves for Bama he is really dead to me. I don't care. I don't wish any ill will but nor do I root for him to have success. If he insults us, I don't wish for him to get hurt but I would be pleased if he is a flop and never gets off the bench and ends up irrelevant.

But I have to say this too. If he does turn around and sign with the Hawks, I will be glad he did and I hope he can help us at tackle. But, because purely of the actions of him and his family, I will never look at him in the same light as the true unwavering Hawks we have and have had in the past. And that he brought completely on himself. Maybe he doesn't care about that now, but, there comes a time in a man's life that you start thinking about your legacy and what you meant to the people that you touched along the way. He had a chance to be an all-time great at Iowa but I am not so sure that can even happen now. People tend to have long memories when it comes to trust or lack thereof.

Lots of good points -- my 2 cents

If he committed to Alabama this summer.
-- Disappointing but understandable and wish him the best

If he committed to Iowa this summer has second thoughts and switches to Alabama a couple months later
-- Disappointing, and not the way I was raised to honor commitments, but it's a difficult decision and understandable

If he committed to Iowa this summer and waits until days before signing to switch to Alabama even after giving his word multiple times to the coaching staff
-- Speaks to some credibility and trust issues. Even by some set of fortune he finds his way back to Iowa in a year or two, if i was the coaching staff it would be hard to ever really trust him. In the back of your mind he would only be as committed as the next best offer.

Final Point -- I couldn't disagree more with the argument that these are kids and we have to treat them as such. With NIL and new transfer portal rules these are now very well compensated professional athletes that are annual free agents. The ones that take advantage of these new opportunities open themselves up to the same criticism as any other professional athlete\free agent. Although criticism is one thing, unfortunately some fans can take this too far.

Kp has a mom that wanted her kid to get the most nil possible. I'm sure my mom would've done the same if they paid d3 basketball in 1990. Congrats to kp for being a millionaire in highschool and now we have nil freed up to grab up some portal guys and be ready for a great couple seasons now. Everyone wins.

Abby is a trash neo-Nazi white supremacist. Keep that in mind when reading his posts and things make more sense.
I don’t know the person but wouldn’t someone like that be permanently banned if they were spouting trash like that? I feel like I would have noticed something like that maybe I have them on ignore. I really doubt the staff here would allow that. Do you know this person in the flesh?
Those are serious accusations that shouldn’t be tossed around lightly. I hope you aren’t just throwing those labels around because you dislike or disagree with someone like so many people do today. I feel that is seriously unfair to those who have dealt with real instances.

I don’t know the person but wouldn’t someone like that be permanently banned if they were spouting trash like that? I feel like I would have noticed something like that maybe I have them on ignore. I really doubt the staff here would allow that. Do you know this person in the flesh?
Those are serious accusations that shouldn’t be tossed around lightly. I hope you aren’t just throwing those labels around because you dislike or disagree with someone like so many people do today. I feel that is seriously unfair to those who have dealt with real instances.
She's a mom that wanted the best for her kid. Timing might have sucked but good for him. He's a millionaire now. And still in highschool! No ramen noodles like i had to eat in college! Lol

ADVERTISEMENT