ADVERTISEMENT

Kadyn and family

Kayden is showing how classless he is every time he opens his mouth....wow what a stupid thing to say...and taking a shot at the Iow recruits coming in.....

Yeah, it's kind of clouding signing day for every other Iowa recruit coming in...

Reactions: Niko13
A university and a coach has invested years in your recruitment. If he sent Kirk a text saying I’m gone without speaking to him and explaining why that totally lacks class. It was easier for him and shows a lack of character IMO.

He couldn’t stand the pressure of waiting to announce so he tweets his commitment early and trashes the Iowa program. Again another example of saying one thing and doing another.

He’s a 17 year old who’s having a hard with decision making, but he’s not getting good council on how to handle the public relations side of it. For his sake I hope he gets better council on how he handles the money. That’s what is important to him so be careful with it.
My guess is it may be more important to someone else too.

Of course you wouldn't. You don't know them nor do you have all the details. All you know is your feelings are hurt so someone has to be blamed.
True, I do not know them and I do not have all the details. Please enlighten us on said details that might change our perspective on the matter.

I’ve been on on HR and followed recruiting closely for over 20 years. I grew up in IC. I’ve seen and heard it all in the Ferentz era and I can tell you 100% without a doubt my feelings are not hurt.

I actually feel like this might be a blessing in disguise considering the decisions KP and those influencing him have made and how the Iowa program has gained success over the years. No one person is above the others on the team regardless of the talent level or otherwise.

Thankfully, we now know he thinks he’s better than Iowa but they clearly handled the situation poorly and I’d be happy to admit otherwise once you offer up your insight.

Kid milked Iowa like a Holstein. I hope he sits on the bench at Bama.
💯agree and for anyone to actually believe KP, mommy handler and step daddy didn’t know exactly what they were doing long before last wknd, they are naive.
When millions of dollars along with loads of off the field incentives are on the line, these college free agent contracts aren’t drawn up and edited multiple times in a few hours on a weekend without attorneys and certified notaries on sight for legal finalization.
Undoubtedly, in this case negotiations have been going on for weeks and more than likely with more schools than the two recently visited.
But, don’t hate the player hate the game. College free agency is legal now and so is the scrutiny to go along with it.

One could think, within the circle of trust, it has been known Iowa was in the back seat long before it was made public. It wouldn’t be unheard of that the plan was to give the local school that soft commit early to hold the guaranteed seat and shop the highest bidder all while keeping the natives at bey and milking the system for a free pos jeep along with loads of miscellaneous incentives, atta boy attention and a whole lot of patts on the back. Hell, I’d consider that tactic.

Going forward, I’m now more interested in how Iowa will do things differently to prevent being bitten the same way in the future.

I’m not even on twitter. It’s an echo chamber bitch session for punk ass liberals. That being said. His mother is a skank and what he did reflects his “muh dik” “father figure” that deposited one in his mom 18 years ago.

Texting his quit; lowlife
And then bagging on Iowas recruiting class on the way out. Face it between him and Jestin Jacobs you just don’t see most of our players leave for “da Benjamin’s”

You aren’t on Twitter but complain about it being a “bitch session for punk ass liberals”. Then also add comments about a kids mom and dad. Guess we have another right wing, internet badass here. Man you sound like a dipshit.

You aren’t on Twitter but complain about it being a “bitch session for punk ass liberals”. Then also add comments about a kids mom and dad. Guess we have another right wing, internet badass here. Man you sound like a dipshit.
You must have meant to tweet this

Kadyn is a great kid and his parents are great people. High character folks all around. They all were involved in a tough decision that none of us can truly understand because we don't have a 5 star elite athlete child being recruited by everyone in the country. Lots of details and nuance that no one knows outside of their circle. I know this flip is upsetting to many Hawkeye fans. At the end of the day it's just a game at a school and not a commitment that really means something, like a marriage or being a parent or even a job contract. It's funny to me that people don't seem to react this negatively when someone leaves a spouse or their children. Kind of shows our crazy priorities.

It was a hard decision but everyone is relieved it's over. He's being advised to stay away from social media as much as possible to avoid the crazies who are questioning his character or worse.

Everything will be ok.
Ya know I wonder how this post will age. I also wonder if you knew about what I'm about to post in a separate thread in just a bit.......should be fun. ;)

No room for that here. Be better!
Agree to disagree …that is exactly the type of comment I come on here to read.

Keep’em coming!

Side note: that punk and his family won’t be seeing it anyway, so their precious feelings won’t be hurt. If your feelings are hurt, go join the Roll Tide Board.

Reactions: mtown66
Can we do like a 48 hour meltdown and then mods delete all these threads about KP? The fan base needs to meltdown but they also need to move on; 48 hours good for everyone (tomorrow morning?)?

Reactions: Hawk fan in Minn
Kadyn is a great kid and his parents are great people. High character folks all around. They all were involved in a tough decision that none of us can truly understand because we don't have a 5 star elite athlete child being recruited by everyone in the country. Lots of details and nuance that no one knows outside of their circle. I know this flip is upsetting to many Hawkeye fans. At the end of the day it's just a game at a school and not a commitment that really means something, like a marriage or being a parent or even a job contract. It's funny to me that people don't seem to react this negatively when someone leaves a spouse or their children. Kind of shows our crazy priorities.

It was a hard decision but everyone is relieved it's over. He's being advised to stay away from social media as much as possible to avoid the crazies who are questioning his character or worse.

Everything will be ok.
That made me laugh

Sorry, but all this "he's just a young man" went out the window with NIL. You (and your family) take the millions of NIL money and you are now a professional and open to every form of criticism. Accepting the money means you give up your amateurism and are now subject to criticism.

Don't like being criticized? Don't take the highest bid and instead honor your commitment. Flip on your word at the last minute, well, expect a little blowback.
Mic drop.......

Reactions: Quadhawk
He did what he thought was best for him. Time to leave him and his family alone.
No different than if he told a girl he was going to the prom with another girl one day before the prom and saying I was settling.

I personally don't care if Proctor signed with Bama, and I don't think people should be flooding him or his family with negative tweets or messages about his decision. However, when we say Kadyn is just a 17 year old kid, It makes me think. How many 17 year old MEN fought in Europe and the Pacific in the 1940's? Kadyn is a 17 year old kid, but he should know what the word commitment means, just like I did when I enlisted in the USAF back in the day. At one time in this country when men shook their hands on something, it was a real agreement which people honored. We really don't seem to expect much from our youth these days. LOL But Proctor is in my rear view mirror and I am only thinking about what Iowa has with people who want to be Hawkeyes. Good luck Kadyn, and Go Hawks. ;) I also have to wonder if Proctor asked coach Saban why Bama currently has 4 OT's in the transfer portal? One 5* starter, two 4*'s and a 3*, all offensive tackles that are leaving Bama.
Unfortunately that world went out the window with social media, and everything else rampant these days.....

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I would never tweet at a kid let alone really give a sh*t where a kid goes to college. That being said these kids want NIL money, they want the internet fame, Instagram BS likes etc etc. So if they want the money and fame they better be able to take the backlash.
Agree. And if they think it’s bad here. Just wait till they get to Bama and if he doesn’t perform for them. Look out, it will be ten times worse.

The kid certainly has the right to make whatever decision he thinks is best for him, regardless of whether that makes me happy or not.

IF some of the comments from KP regarding Iowa from yesterday and today are accurate though, not sure it puts him in the best light dropping grenades on his way out the door.
Exactly. If what he says is true, then why is he spending so much time even explaining his decision. Hmmm, because it's BS and everybody knows that to be true.....

Reactions: HawkGem10
Agree. And if they think it’s bad here. Just wait till they get to Bama and if he doesn’t perform for them. Look out, it will be ten times worse.
Yup. Alabama lost 2 games and there were Bama fans calling for Saban to be fired. And Alabama isn't going to baby you. If you don't put out onto the next 5 star recruit.

Reactions: RCHdude
As I sit here and read the negative posts from some of you keyboard warriors, this is still a young man that you all are putting down. Kadyn and his mom, still have his decision looming. You warriors are not true Hawkeye fans if you’re putting down a kid trying to make a decision that’s best for himself and his family. Kadyn and mom, I truly want to say sorry from the Hawkeye Community! Some of us understand that the decision is a tough one and I will support a homegrown Iowa ball player no matter where he goes! Sometimes we have to put things aside and look at the bigger picture! The talent that you have Kadyn is unmatched! You have committed to Iowa but I understand things do change! I truly hope to see you in the black and gold but will support you regardless! Good luck young man and ball out where ever your journey takes you! Just know you have a lot of support here in Iowa from true fans and we all would love to see you join the SWARM!

With respect
West
What about his Father, why is their never a mention?

Mic drop.......
Meh still childish for adults to throw a stink to someone they never met. Regardless if their points have merit. Iowa needs to fire their oline coach if they’re going to keep in state high ranked linemen. It’s literally the one thing Kirk should excel at finding a good coach for and he’s failing. If we could still run the ball maybe that nil money wouldn’t have mattered

A flip is a flip.. People either need to be okay with both, or be upset with both.
wrong fool the big difference is KP had a alabama offer as long as he had Iowa's they didn't come calling last minute, the other kid got the offer from Iowa that day and accepted it, if you can't tell the difference then .....

His an OL player not a QB or WR. Iowa produces the best OL in the country. Sounds like you aren't even a hawk fan.
Iowa does fine with OL development but it's one among many. You are fooling yourself if you think we do better than Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Michigan, etc... Maybe I just like don't the celebration of mediocrity that has been the hallmark of these Ferentz years. The high point was 2003 Orange bowl, but even then it was apparent that USC had superior talent on almost all levels and that's what it takes to break through to the top of college football. I had faith back then that maybe KF could build from that, but instead he built teams that could feed on weak B10 West teams. It's worked out well for him and tbf it's very difficult to get a program to where it pushes for a CFP title. Ohio St has been the only B10 team with the talent to do it. Michigan might be there but only recently. Even Penn St. is not close. This is reality. Yes a top team can lose to a team like Iowa if they aren't focused, but that's what makes Alabama great. Saban knows that if his team is focused, then they are almost unbeatable because then it just comes down to talent.

wrong fool the big difference is KP had a alabama offer as long as he had Iowa's they didn't come calling last minute, the other kid got the offer from Iowa that day and accepted it, if you can't tell the difference then .....
Ha ha ha , trying to justify hypocrisy
Were you pissed about Kaleb Johnson flip, he had an Iowa offer for a long time. committed to Cal then flipped to Iowa.
Did you question his ethics?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT