ADVERTISEMENT

Kadyn and family

If a 5 star receiver committed to Alabama announced he was flipping to Iowa today, would you encourage him to honor his commitment to Bama and say that if he didn’t, it shows he had character flaws? No matter what you say, we all know what the real answer is.

Nope, I'd open them with open arms.

The hypothetical receiver's morals and ethics are his and his alone to figure out.

My role in this is purely as a fan to root and cheer for my favorite team and the members on it. That's it.

I am not nor should I be the moral beacon of a college athlete making a life changing decision.

With that all in mind, I am allowed to say IDGAF about anyone in college football other than those that are part of the Iowa Hawkeyes. I don't wish them ill will I just don't care.

This moral equivalency that is attempted to by so many is a complete farce and has no logical basis at all except for justification for shitty behavior. Someone else did so I can do it.

NO. I would endorse the hypothetical player for becoming an Iowa Hawkeye doesn't mean I'd endorse how he arrived at that point.

If a 5 star receiver committed to Alabama announced he was flipping to Iowa today, would you encourage him to honor his commitment to Bama and say that if he didn’t, it shows he had character flaws? No matter what you say, we all know what the real answer is.
Nope, how many people here fault George Washington for turning traitor to the British empire? Should we have encouraged him to honor his commitment?

Reactions: hexumhawk
If I was KP’s dad and I looked at Iowa’s miserable offensive performance this year, and I looked at KF’s unwillingness to use the portal to upgrade the O line and QB, and I saw the opportunity to play at a top ten school, it would be a no brainer where KP should go.

If I was KP’s dad and I looked at Iowa’s miserable offensive performance this year, and I looked at KF’s unwillingness to use the portal to upgrade the O line and QB, and I saw the opportunity to play at a top ten school, it would be a no brainer where KP should go.
”Unwillingness to use portal to upgrade OL and QB”. Guess McNamara doesn’t count and still have 30 some days to look for OL In portal. He got 2 million dollars, stop the other crap .

Reactions: reotto
💯agree and for anyone to actually believe KP, mommy handler and step daddy didn’t know exactly what they were doing long before last wknd, they are naive.
When millions of dollars along with loads of off the field incentives are on the line, these college free agent contracts aren’t drawn up and edited multiple times in a few hours on a weekend without attorneys and certified notaries on sight for legal finalization.
Undoubtedly, in this case negotiations have been going on for weeks and more than likely with more schools than the two recently visited.
But, don’t hate the player hate the game. College free agency is legal now and so is the scrutiny to go along with it.

One could think, within the circle of trust, it has been known Iowa was in the back seat long before it was made public. It wouldn’t be unheard of that the plan was to give the local school that soft commit early to hold the guaranteed seat and shop the highest bidder all while keeping the natives at bey and milking the system for a free pos jeep along with loads of miscellaneous incentives, atta boy attention and a whole lot of patts on the back. Hell, I’d consider that tactic.

Going forward, I’m now more interested in how Iowa will do things differently to prevent being bitten the same way in the future.
Didn't he also have a Jeep given to him by Deery's?

I just don't like hypocrisy. Kids flip it happen. Based on comments Eastern Il. is a bad kid because he flipped late.
I have no hypocrisy. I never said it was okay for someone to flip late to Iowa and not vice versa. Again, stop with the straw man argument. I said it shows no class and no breeding on anyone's part who does it. Would you think is is okay to propose marriage, make all the plans for the wedding invite all the friends and family and just text your fiancee the day before the wedding that you have changed your mind and are marrying someone else tomorrow?
Weak people make excuses for weak and classless behavior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT