ADVERTISEMENT

Kaepernick is a POS (unrelated to kneeling)

UNIowaHawk

HR Legend
Jul 22, 2011
I continue to hear people say Kaepernick isn’t getting another shot at the NFL because of his kneeling and it’s left at that. Take kneeling, his poor play post Super Bowl run, and the fact he was offered opportunities by the 49ers and other teams after he opted out of his contract aside, he has glaring red flags.

We all know about his “police are pigs socks”. Fine, DBag move.

Then there’s his support for Castro, a murderous dictator on the same lines of Hitler or Stalin. How many NFL players, or just people in general would get chastised for supporting Castro, Hitler, or Stalin? Yes, after the backlash Kaepernick stepped back and spun it as supporting just the free education and healthcare aspects Castro provided his people— the ones that he didn’t commit genocide against anyway.

Then we have Kaepernick not only donating money to an organization named after someone on the FBI’s most wanted list for the assassination of a state trooper after they were pulled over after robbing a bank, but he then tweets birthday wishes to this person.

These reasons, along with poor play and high demands are a reason he’s not getting a shot in the NFL... like so many others who kneeled and continue to kneel are.

Hey guys - it turns out that Charles Manson isn't just a sub-par musician, but I think he's also a really bad guy! I mean, he lives out there in the country with all those other hippies, taking dope and doing the sex all day. I think he may be up to something - don't trust him!!

Castro is a bad dude, but I don’t think you can lump him in with Hitler and Stalin. Just sayin’.

This, for starters. And that's just OPs first asinine and historically ignorant statement.

I'm not going to completely defend Shakur's violence, but you can't say it wasn't unprovoked by the US federal agents and police. This is the most famous in a history of violence towards what had been a basically non-violent group...https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/police-kill-two-members-of-the-black-panther-party

The pig socks were effin' stupid. No doubt.

I'll go there… Kap's shirt doesn't offend me. Castro in 1960, at the time of his meeting Malcolm X, was fairly admirable, had done some pretty admirable stuff, was fighting for some fairly admirable ideals. Of course, time went on and Castro became something else.

The full Castro story—the full Cuban story—is one I wish Americans would study more closely. Hell, it's helpful in processing where we are and what we're dealing with now.

But simple narratives are easier (for both the T-shirt and the Shakur story). They don't require much thinking. We Americans like to feel.

I hope OP feels better. Feel better, OP.

Another whiny snowflake getting triggered because a black athlete has the audacity to voice an opinion on social/political issues. No one plays the victim card like white conservatives.
What I have never totally understood about this Kaepernick situation is how many who support him feel it is OK to protest 'on company time'. To me that is the whole issue. If people feel strongly about something, they should absolutely have the right to protest on their own time. But while at work, I don't feel it is unreasonable to have to follow the wishes / rules of your boss. Am I wrong to try to distinguish the difference in this situation?

Did something happen that made you want to put this out there? Is it related to his settlement with the NFL?
Just reading through these settlement talks and the takes by tv personalities saying he should be on a team. Everyone says the collusion is based on him kneeling and that alone. They leave out all the other things I mentioned.

What I have never totally understood about this Kaepernick situation is how many who support him feel it is OK to protest 'on company time'. To me that is the whole issue. If people feel strongly about something, they should absolutely have the right to protest on their own time. But while at work, I don't feel it is unreasonable to have to follow the wishes / rules of your boss. Am I wrong to try to distinguish the difference in this situation?

Careful, you’re making too much sense for this crowd.

Reactions: ghost80
People forget Kaepernick turned down at least one NFL offer. If he wanted to make money playing football he could. He could play in Canada or one of the new leagues and earn his way back into the NFL.

Reactions: goldmom

Yes, I think you are wrong....because that's the employer's decision. We've seen throughout this whole kneeling controversy that some owners care and some owners don't and the league only sorta kinda cares some of the time. I've worked at places where colleagues would do open campaigning/protests on various topics and the employer didn't care as long as it didn't impact getting stuff done and I've also worked at places where the message is clear - do that stuff on your own time. Either way is ok, it's basically freedom of expression for the employer.

Reasonable. Except two minutes of googling and your opinion will be better informed. Game operations manual stipulates that the national anthem be played, players should stand and face blah blah. Operative word is should. Further, in the manual there is no clear stipulation as to penalty, fine, etc. Basically it is a guide more than clear cut rule. NFL sets it up, intentionally or not, such that there is gray area.

Personally I wouldn't work for anyone that required patriotism or jingoistic displays. Now, if an employer told me they play the national anthem every day, but I wasn't required to participate, fine. Same with religious crap.

Players have the right to protest, NFL has the right to deal with it as they see fit. This jingoistic bullshit of playing the national anthem before sports—the history of it is interesting—is total bullshit.

Jingoism feels unAmerican, in my opinion. And I think NFL players expected by Americans to be props for jingoistic displays even more unAmerican.

But then I think I have a different ideal for America, one not full of superficial fall-in-line puffery.

Careful, you’re making too much sense for this crowd.

You love a simple, somewhat false narrative. Feeler.

And oh btw, didn’t the US government pay the NFL to play the anthem as a form of recruitment? And didn’t this just start within the last decade or so? I don’t agree with everything CK has done, but those that have their heads buried in the sand over this are all cut from the same cloth.

Do you remember the President whipping his base into a frenzy because of this? The President has what to do with the NFL again? Donald Trump is directly responsible for making this as big of a deal as it has become. Does that make sense to you?

I remember but that has zero bearing on this particular conversation.

The American people developed their own opinions on Kap before Trump became President. People don’t need a President to tell them what to think. If you disagree, then that is why Trump won in the first place.

Reactions: goldmom
I remember but that has zero bearing on this particular conversation.

The American people developed their own opinions on Kap before Trump became President. People don’t need a President to tell them what to think. If you disagree, then that is why Trump won in the first place.

Trump won because he panders to sheep and those that can’t think for themselves. Apparently there are a lot of those types of people.

What I have never totally understood about this Kaepernick situation is how many who are faux-outraged make the argument that he should not protest 'on company time'.

Dumbest argument ever.

Reasonable. Except two minutes of googling and your opinion will be better informed. Game operations manual stipulates that the national anthem be played, players should stand and face blah blah. Operative word is should. Further, in the manual there is no clear stipulation as to penalty, fine, etc. Basically it is a guide more than clear cut rule. NFL sets it up, intentionally or not, such that there is gray area.

Personally I wouldn't work for anyone that required patriotism or jingoistic displays. Now, if an employer told me they play the national anthem every day, but I wasn't required to participate, fine. Same with religious crap.

Players have the right to protest, NFL has the right to deal with it as they see fit. This jingoistic bullshit of playing the national anthem before sports—the history of it is interesting—is total bullshit.

Jingoism feels unAmerican, in my opinion. And I think NFL players expected by Americans to be props for jingoistic displays even more unAmerican.

But then I think I have a different ideal for America, one not full of superficial fall-in-line puffery.

You love a simple, somewhat false narrative. Feeler.
The players union is likely responsible for the “gray area”. As a former union member they purposely leave certain things that way to favor the workers. I’d give some examples but I’m busy atm.

What I have never totally understood about this Kaepernick situation is how many who are faux-outraged make the argument that he should not protest 'on company time'.

Dumbest argument ever.
I am not faux anything. Please explain why this is the dumbest argument ever?

I don’t know if the OP statements are true about Kaepernick. But if they are, then OP has every right to not like the guy.

And there is nothing about what op said that makes me want to defend Kaepernick.

Did he have a right to take a knee originally, sure he did. That doesn’t give him a pass to act like a d-bag the rest of his life though.

People forget Kaepernick turned down at least one NFL offer. If he wanted to make money playing football he could. He could play in Canada or one of the new leagues and earn his way back into the NFL.
Kaepernick definitely had NFL offers, but wanted starter money. But looking back, he made the right business decision.

Not bad for a man who was raised by a wealthy white family in Wisconsin. He made it.

bmpgzuznw45z.jpg

Reactions: Tom Paris
Kaepernick hid information about the long term effects of concussions and other impacts to the brain. He left former players without the resources or information to deal with their related dementia and depression.

Dude’s a scumbag.

I continue to hear people say Kaepernick isn’t getting another shot at the NFL because of his kneeling and it’s left at that. Take kneeling, his poor play post Super Bowl run, and the fact he was offered opportunities by the 49ers and other teams after he opted out of his contract aside, he has glaring red flags.

We all know about his “police are pigs socks”. Fine, DBag move.

Then there’s his support for Castro, a murderous dictator on the same lines of Hitler or Stalin. How many NFL players, or just people in general would get chastised for supporting Castro, Hitler, or Stalin? Yes, after the backlash Kaepernick stepped back and spun it as supporting just the free education and healthcare aspects Castro provided his people— the ones that he didn’t commit genocide against anyway.

Then we have Kaepernick not only donating money to an organization named after someone on the FBI’s most wanted list for the assassination of a state trooper after they were pulled over after robbing a bank, but he then tweets birthday wishes to this person.

These reasons, along with poor play and high demands are a reason he’s not getting a shot in the NFL... like so many others who kneeled and continue to kneel are.

06-448899149.jpg

He's refusing to participate in an activity that has no bearing at all on the work he's paid to do. Can your boss force you to say things completely unrelated to your job that violate your constitutional rights?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT