ADVERTISEMENT

****Kaleb Johnson Commits to IOWA****

Another year of great numbers will help, for sure. TG is a little small by NFL standards but there are guys making it under 6'...the under 200lbs is a bit more of a concern.

Christian McCaffery (my apologies for invoking his name)
Phillip Lindsay
Kareem Hunt
Nick Chubb
LeSean McCoy
Alvin Kamara
CJ Anderson
Mark Ingram

If you look at the 2019 draft class, plenty of RBs under 6' but they all had a little more meat on their bones.

https://fantasydata.com/why-size-matters-at-the-rb-position

IIRC, didn't our RB's coach, who played in the NFL, say Tyler would play in the NFL? I can't remember the specifics and how detailed his comments were, however....

Awesome! I was happy when I saw that - kids pretty put together for a young man he looks ready for BT play as is - can’t imagine with hitting the weights and being under the Iowa coaching staff for a year what the end result is going to be but he has all the tools to be a awesome Iowa back and I am pumped we got a back who is close to 6’2 and can fly…. Plus he sure can shed those would be tacklers

And as our OL gets better/more experienced, he hopefully is running through huge lanes

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki

He said the only reason Goodson came back (for his third year, btw) was to "audition for the NFL".
Point being Iowa'sLaw is an ISU troll that has duped a lot of people on here into thinking he is legit. Really sad that a "fan" of a different team would dedicate so much of his life to trying to spread discord on an opponent's forum. Hmmm. Kinda sounds like the most famous Clown troll of them all.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
IIRC, didn't our RB's coach, who played in the NFL, say Tyler would play in the NFL? I can't remember the specifics and how detailed his comments were, however....
I'm not saying that is right or wrong, but would you expect him to say anything else?

99.9% of the time coach speak is boring and predictable

Reactions: Pat McGroyne
he wants to play in a Power conference, too ;)
I didn't realize he was such a priority for ISU until I read some of his articles. What was supposed to be their year has been a dud and their ESPN moment in the sun turned into nothing more than an advertisement for Iowa and a reminder of their futility. Can't help but lol at their fans.

I'm not saying that is right or wrong, but would you expect him to say anything else?

What else is he going to say.

I don't think Coach Betts was asked if Tyler was NFL material; I think he was the one who brought it up & said he was NFL material (so i think it was much more than coach speak)

I didn't realize he was such a priority for ISU until I read some of his articles. What was supposed to be their year has been a dud and their ESPN moment in the sun turned into nothing more than an advertisement for Iowa and a reminder of their futility. Can't help but lol at their fans.

Clown fans have been dead silent ever since Iowa embarrassed them on the national stage in Lames

Clown U won with smoke & mirrors last year; it was fools gold. And this year they were completely overrated and their record proves it.

Reality must really suck for them. Their future looks really, really bleak. Their coach will be gone sooner rather than later; revenues will be way down; their conference won't be considered a Power conference; recruiting will suffer as a result of all of this...

Reactions: madmax1191
I don't think Coach Betts was asked if Tyler was NFL material; I think he was the one who brought it up & said he was NFL material (so i think it was much more than coach speak)
And I'm not saying he can't or won't play in the league, BUT I don't see him being a high draft pick at least not in the first 3 or 4 rounds, so not sure thats worth leaving a year early for where he's most likely to end up on someone's practice squad. Just something T Good and his family will have to evaluate next spring..

Reactions: Franisdaman
Clown fans have been dead silent ever since Iowa embarrassed them on the national stage in Lames

Clown U won with smoke & mirrors last year; it was fools gold. And this year they were completely overrated and their record proves it.

Reality must really suck for them. Their future looks really, really bleak. Their coach will be gone sooner rather than later; revenues will be way down; their conference won't be considered a Power conference; recruiting will suffer as a result of all of this...
I'm not so sure that Campbell's heading anywhere right now. This season's issues have taken some of the shine off his cache, especially with name schools he would most likely leave ISU for....

What else is he going to say.
And I'm not saying he can't or won't play in the league, BUT I don't see him being a high draft pick at least not in the first 3 or 4 rounds, so not sure thats worth leaving a year early for where he's most likely to end up on someone's practice squad. Just something T Good and his family will have to evaluate next spring..

Hell, Betts even said he would be an every down back in the NFL.

So, I am not sure you can say his comments were coach speak, boring and predictable.

Pass blocking is Goodson’s major weakness. If he can make strides in that area, I think he’s a mid-round draft pick.

Mekhi is a good example of how important it is to be a solid blocker at the next level. It’s hard for an RB to stick on a roster if they aren’t at least adequate in that area.

Reactions: cm8124
Pass blocking is Goodson’s major weakness. If he can make strides in that area, I think he’s a mid-round draft pick.

Mekhi is a good example of how important it is to be a solid blocker at the next level. It’s hard for an RB to stick on a roster if they aren’t at least adequate in that area.
I feel like tyler has even regressed in pass blocking

And perhaps he didn't want his parents having to figure out what the ISU school colors were by looking at the various uniforms they seem to pick?
Hell, I can't remember what the ISU school colors are.
Just remember...
images

I'm not so sure that Campbell's heading anywhere right now. This season's issues have taken some of the shine off his cache, especially with name schools he would most likely leave ISU for....
Yeah, I agree. He was last season's "flavor of the month". The shine is gone and I think everyone now knows the Covid year distorted the entire landscape. Pretty much guarantee that ISU doesn't finish in the top ten if both the B1G and Pac 12 play a full season.

The only movement for Campball might be to Cincy when Fickell moves up the ladder. The Coastal Carolina HC also seems to have passed lil Matty as a possibility for bigger gigs.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. He was last season's "flavor of the month". The shine is gone and I think everyone now knows the Covid year distorted the entire landscape. Pretty much guarantee that ISU doesn't finish in the top ten if both the B1G and Pac 12 play a full season.

The only movement for Campball might be to Cincy when Fickell moves up the ladder. The Coastal Carolina also seems to have passed lil Matty as a possibility for bigger gigs.
Not sure I see Fickell moving on from Cincinnati any time soon with where they’re at now and heading to the Big 12.

Love TG and he's a great college back, but 5'10" 190 pound RBs just don't translate to the NFL these days. They were a bit more common 30 years ago, but he's gotta put on at least 15 pounds of muscle and be a little more willing to dive between the tackles because even those 1-3 yard gainers are a heck of a lot better than 3 yard losses while trying to find a hole as he tries to do. He's borderline NFL caliber right now and miiight be a 6th/7th round pick if he stays healthy, but more likely he's UDFA material. Only TG knows what's best for himself so if he thinks another year might help his draft stock, or if he's resigned to the fact that getting his degree would be his best bet, he'll stay. If it doesn't look like he has much room for improvement he may take his chances. Either way he's done Iowa proud both on and off the field.
Either way Tyler Goodson is WINNING. Have you seen his girlfriend?

Not sure I see Fickell moving on from Cincinnati any time soon with where they’re at now and heading to the Big 12.
Depends, other schools would have appeal nationally. Does he wanna stay in his home state and keep building a program? Maybe bide his time waiting for a possible opening at say osu or mich? Also thought I saw on here somewhere cinci was like 300mil in debt or something like that, is that going to affect things down the road with facilities etc?

How is this kid not more heavily recruited.I mean to me this kid has elite talent!Glad he is a Hawk!

I'm guessing this has already been said but having the build of a fullback at 6ft1 and about 220lbs he shows exceptional speed and explosiveness.

How is this kid not more heavily recruited.I mean to me this kid has elite talent!Glad he is a Hawk!

Rivals has him as the 31st best RB.

He has 6 Power 5 offers; 15 offers overall:
IOWA
Michigan State
Minnesota
Pitt
Clown U
Cal

Cincinnati
Western Michigan
Toledo
Miami (OH)
Kent State
Marshall
Buffalo
Liberty
Eastern Kentucky

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
Very, very impressive highlight reel...how would you say this compares to Goodson's out of HS?
IA comparison? Maybe Shon Greene with more speed?

ADVERTISEMENT