ADVERTISEMENT

Kaleb Johnson is good, Ashton Jeanty is better

Jun 24, 2024
Jeanty is now the leading rusher, and I gotta say he is more talented than Johnson.

Last edited:
Jeanty is really good, and he's also going to benefit from an entire season of lesser defenses.

Impressive performance, though.

Jeanty is more talented than Johnson.

Bullshit Bs GIF by Breaking Bad

Jeanty is now the leading rusher, and I gotta say he is more talented than Johnson.

To me Kaleb J is a Derrick Henry type runner, a one cut or no cut power run who can veer really well to evade one tackler and make big runs. Just looking at that image of Jeanty leaping over a tackler to get extra yards is something Kaleb doesnt do but not that he cant. Kaleb tries to power thru and he does have good stutter steps in the hole and has shown more cutback capability.

Kaleb is like an Eric Dickerson, upright and blasting thru a hole, a one cut runner on a sweep. Kaleb doesnt use much for spin moves and a dancing 2nd and 3rd cuts.

Jeanty seems to be shorter but still stout and one who can spin, change directions a little quicker. Wash St is a P5 level team but maybe doesnt have a great defense or tackling team. WASu held Wash's offense down though just a week ago.

Last edited:
To me Kaleb J is a Derrick Henry type runner, a one cut or no cut power run who can veer really well to evade one tackler and make big runs. Just looking at that image of Jeanty leaping over a tackler to get extra yards is something Kaleb doesnt do but not that he cant. Kaleb tries to power thru and he does have good stutter steps in the hole and has shown more cutback capability.

Kaleb is like an Eric Dickerson, upright and blasting thru a hole, a one cut runner on a sweep. Kaleb doesnt use much for spin moves and a dancing 2nd and 3rd cuts.

Jeanty seems to be shorter but still stout and one who can spin, change directions a little quicker. Wash St is a P5 level team but maybe doesnt have a great defense or tackling team. WASu held Wash's offense down though just a week ago.
In all fairness, we will know much more about Kaleb 2-3 weeks from now.

Reactions: Drinkin Buddy
Jeanty already ran wild against Oregon too, so he's been great from the start against better competition than Kaleb thus far. But going forward they don't play anyone too great while Kaleb will get his chance against the big boys. They are certainly the two all-American RBs through September.

Reactions: Drinkin Buddy
Boise is home to Albertsons grocery and JR Simplot (plant breeder responsible for the potato used for McDonald's French fries). Also, very cool town with beautiful, clean rivers, skiing 45 minutes away and a great music scene.
I just heard today that Albertsons is the second largest traditional grocery after Kroger with over 2,000 stores and nearly 300,000 employees. Besides the eponymous brand, they own Jewel Osco, Safeway and Randalls aming others. There is currently a merger in the works that, if approved by federal antitrust officials, would see Kroger buying them out for over $24 billion.

The city of Boise is waaaaay overrated. I found it to be extremely boring and lacking any culture. Was not unique in anyway. I mean, it was….as my wife would say (no pic)…fine.

Now…Coeur d’Alene…. That’s an incredible Idaho city.

Reactions: QChawks
The city of Boise is waaaaay overrated. I found it to be extremely boring and lacking any culture. Was not unique in anyway. I mean, it was….as my wife would say (no pic)…fine.

Now…Coeur d’Alene…. That’s an incredible Idaho city.
Compared to Iowa City, I'd say Boise is clearly a much more attractive college town.

He reminds me of Barry Sanders & Darren Sproles, could be the next big thing if he stays healthy.

Who invited the Boise Chamber of Commerce Director here? Thanks Dan, I'll keep notes for my next trip to Idaho.
I'm pointing these out to show that Noise has both huge financial resources (Albertsons sponsors the stadium) and recreational/fun advantages over Iowa City.

There is a common refrain from Iowa fans, "why can't we recruit like..." But Iowa City isn't anything special. There just isn't much to do there beyond drinking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT