ADVERTISEMENT

Kaleb Johnson

the running back position IMHO has the potential to be the most interesting as far as competition battle for who really ends up getting the carries. I really hope the competition causes the cream to rise to the top. Presumably it will continue to be the 2-headed monster at that position. we have Gavin Williams, Jazun Patterson, Kaleb Johnson, and probably a couple other guys. just can't remember the last time we had to much talent (it appears, anyway) at the RB spot.

heck, I can remember a time about ten years ago we had to use a fullback as our running back due to injuries.

the running back position IMHO has the potential to be the most interesting as far as competition battle for who really ends up getting the carries. I really hope the competition causes the cream to rise to the top. Presumably it will continue to be the 2-headed monster at that position. we have Gavin Williams, Jazun Patterson, Kaleb Johnson, and probably a couple other guys. just can't remember the last time we had to much talent (it appears, anyway) at the RB spot.

heck, I can remember a time about ten years ago we had to use a fullback as our running back due to injuries.
Leshon Williams is also a very good back. It will be the Williams and Williams show this year with Johnson and Patterson getting spot duty or playing time due to injury. The position should be pretty good and strong this season.

• Haha
Reactions: IowaFansR_Buffoons

That fullback ended up being a pretty solid player too. Loved watching Wiseman.

Closer to 20 years.....yeah I feel old saying that.

Big and fast...he outruns the corner seemingly at ease. I was really impressed by his film. Sometimes, depending on the competition, the film lies a bit. He looks like he has legit quickness and speed...and if he can handle the ball security requirements at Iowa...he could see some meaningful snaps.

Big and fast...he outruns the corner seemingly at ease. I was really impressed by his film. Sometimes, depending on the competition, the film lies a bit. He looks like he has legit quickness and speed...and if he can handle the ball security requirements at Iowa...he could see some meaningful snaps.
Yeah he's got really good film he returned kicks in high school also.Not to mention he also has good hands caught several balls as a receiver.I am hopefull we see this kid on the field this fall.I think the Patterson kid is also full of talent.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT