ADVERTISEMENT

Kam Butler

Yes indeed! An EDGE rusher to help replace Zach VV would be great. I feel we have a ton of experience and potential, just need a few solid DEs.
And maybe an offensive coordinator and QB. Just a thought - probably not justified though.

We typically struggle on the defensive side, so, it’s important we focus on bringing transfers in for Phil and company.

Yep.

Until it gets fixed?

Sorry Fox News, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, especially all you annoying b**ches on The View - you’re cancelled….

….You are only allowed to complain during your over-the-phone or face-to-face encounters with the President!

If I could sit down with Brian or Kirk and give them my thoughts, I would.

“Complain to KF.” Hahaha
You missed it. I was supporting you and jabbing Insane.

Until it gets fixed?

Sorry Fox News, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, especially all you annoying b**ches on The View - you’re cancelled….

….You are only allowed to complain during your over-the-phone or face-to-face encounters with the President!

If I could sit down with Brian or Kirk and give them my thoughts, I would.

“Complain to KF.” Hahaha
"Wah, other people don't like my opinion, better claim censorship!"

You missed it. I was supporting you and jabbing Insane.
I’m still hurting from that jab, it was a doozie, I’ve never been put in my place like that before. I’m going to go tuck my tail and hide in a corner. I’ll never complain about you geniuses again! Please keep on keeping on, I can feel the changes coming, can’t wait for that high powered offense you guys are going to bitch into fruition!

Seems like a good offer. The Hawks want to see if they can get some octane for their pass-rush.

Say what you will ... but whenever there is new blood in the secondary, that increases the chances for communication issues and/or broken coverages. While Harris played admirably ... our D saw susceptibilities in the secondary where we were less experienced.

HOWEVER, if you have a strong pass-rush ... that can alleviate some of the pressure that is put on your secondary. That can provide a little bit of a buffer for the group ... as they iron out issues relating to communication and making sure that every guy is on the same page (and has the schemes down cold).

From last year, possibly contrary to expectation ... the interior part of the DL seemed every bit as strong as our DEs. With Van Valkenburg graduating ... his loss will be void at DE in terms of production. Definitely an area where a transfer-recruit like Butler could come in and be an important contributor.

True, but expect Craig and Hurkett, (if he's healthy) to REALLY step up next season. Add in Jones, Pittman, Llewellen, Bowe and Graves to that group to bolster the DL....

Reactions: nwhawkincr
An outstanding place holder for a year. I think Graves is bound for greatness at defensive end.
I believe that Graves will likely be a terrific player for us ... but the interesting question will be "where?" He truly fits the mold of what Coach Bell is looking for ... an explosive, aggressive guy who can play on the insider or outside.

He'll definitely initially learn to play just one spot ... but as he develops, I expect that he'll likely get moved around in order to create mismatches.

I believe that Graves will likely be a terrific player for us ... but the interesting question will be "where?" He truly fits the mold of what Coach Bell is looking for ... an explosive, aggressive guy who can play on the insider or outside.

He'll definitely initially learn to play just one spot ... but as he develops, I expect that he'll likely get moved around in order to create mismatches.
Think he'll start at end but also think he will play all over the line before he's off to the NFL.

Sure thing, Chief.

Keep your head up…I know you’d be a hell of a coach. But really as far as that goes how hard could it really be, we’ve got about 50 guys on here right now that know exactly what’s wrong.

And most teams have a great offense and defense and most teams win way more games than us because of it…🤓

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: HawkInArk
And maybe an offensive coordinator and QB. Just a thought - probably not justified though.

We typically struggle on the defensive side, so, it’s important we focus on bringing transfers in for Phil and company.

Yep.

Iowa is getting two portal targets to visit on the offense side of the ball. Good Lord.

Yep.

Yes, we know the offense needs to improve and is like a sea anchor on this team but if you could right now say "hey we have a new guy who might be better than vanvalkenberg at disrupting the opponent then I am all for that.

My gosh you still win most games with defense and special teams kicking and coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT