ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Harris announces first major economic policy: Eliminate taxes on tips for all service and hospitality workers

Morrison71

HB Legend
Nov 10, 2006
How do you feel about this? I’m a little unsure. I’m sure the Trump version would be ripe for exploitation. Probably even Harris’s.

I would just like to see an acceptable living wage being paid.

It just seems like this is a solution to not tax the wealthy.

To be clear Trump’s version, the "no taxes on tips" thing applies to brokers, brokerages and private equity as a 100% tax deduction.

Harris's only specifies service workers and hospitality workers.

We are learning more details about Kamala Harris' push to eliminate taxes on tips.

A campaign official notes the proposal would require legislation. As President, she would work with Congress to craft a proposal that comes with an income limit and with strict requirements to prevent hedge fund managers and lawyers from structuring their compensation in ways to try to take advantage of the policy.

She would push for the proposal alongside an increase in the minimum wage.

Terrible idea. Why should one person's earned income be treated more favorably than another?

Terrible idea. Why should one person's earned income be treated more favorably than another?
Sadly, it’s probably because they are both trying to win Neveda. Which policies like this would obviously benefit.

Some don't report their tips accurately anyways.

I got no dog in this fight. It is clearly a political move.

A big nothing burger here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT