ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Harris....Veep? AG? SCOTUS?

AG would be my first guess. Personally I think Klobuchar/Mayor Pete for VP if neither gets the top spot.

Yeah, that comment was intended to calm the Black vote. Booker is the likely veep... for Biden or Mayor Pete.
It doesn't have anything to do with the black vote. Hell, he out polls her by 30 points with them. In fact, he may lose support if he picks her for veep.

It's about what she pulled in the first debate with busing. She was hiding in the weeds, looking for an opening to take him down a peg with a gotcha moment and get herself some press. And it worked, for a bit, until he explained his side. And she never did say just where she stood on busing until much later. And even still, it isn't exactly clear.

Primaries are delicate mine fields if you desire to be veep if you don't win the top spot. You need to maneuver through them without stepping on the boom. She stepped on it in the first debate. BOOM.

The Sniffer In Chief? ;)
Already taken.
giphy.gif

VP has a slight chance. AG even slighter of a chance. SCOTUS? Gtfo.

Most likely scenario is that she stays a Senator.

Reactions: Hawk It Up
It doesn't have anything to do with the black vote. Hell, he out polls her by 30 points with them. In fact, he may lose support if he picks her for veep.

It's about what she pulled in the first debate with busing. She was hiding in the weeds, looking for an opening to take him down a peg with a gotcha moment and get herself some press. And it worked, for a bit, until he explained his side. And she never did say just where she stood on busing until much later. And even still, it isn't exactly clear.

Primaries are delicate mine fields if you desire to be veep if you don't win the top spot. You need to maneuver through them without stepping on the boom. She stepped on it in the first debate. BOOM.
Tulsi really hurt her, too.

Reactions: B1G and Jan Itor
AG would be my first guess. Personally I think Klobuchar/Mayor Pete for VP if neither gets the top spot.
Good call. I don't think Biden needs the help with black voters. Part of the reason why Harris got out of the race is because she is because black voters are comfortable with Joe Biden. If Biden goes with a woman of color look for Stacy Abrams to be on his short list.
I do think that if he is the nominee he will balance out the ticket with a woman, and Klobuchar would be an excellent choice. That ticket would have a lot of middle America appeal. And, I believe the governor of MN is a Dem, so Joe wouldn't lose a vote in the Senate.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
I don't believe in putting the cart too far ahead of the horse, but Preet Bharara is being talked about a lot as the AG in a Biden Administration. He'd be a solid pick.
I still do not think Biden needs a woman of color as his VP, but Harris appears to be in the hunt for the job. She has been publicly campaigning for the job, but hasn't been too flashy about it. That was Abrams problem.

I think she'd be the best choice for VP, but she'd be better served as AG. However, zero chance she'd spend four full years as AG. VP would put her in line for being the next Dem POTUS nominee.

ADVERTISEMENT