ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala has a little under half the delegates she'd need locked up in less than 24 hours.

Will anyone of note run against her at the convention? Doesn't look that way.

I was looking forward to an "open" convention. Never seen one...would have been interesting.

I was looking forward to an "open" convention. Never seen one...would have been interesting.
Let’s be honest - media would have had no interest in covering it as anything other than a circus. Fox News would have been nonstop covering it as a party in chaos.

Only scenario that I see an opening convention coming about is if a presidential candidate runs, wraps up the primary but dies before naming a VP nominee.

In this situation it's most of all a logistical problem of her having some new person trying to build a campaign from nothing. That logistical problem would be the reason why an open convention is a disaster scenario. Would make for entertaining TV/News but to good for the party who has to do it.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Let’s be honest - media would have had no interest in covering it as anything other than a circus. Fox News would have been nonstop covering it as a party in chaos.
I disagree. It would have drawn a lot of eyeballs...hasn't happened in our lifetime.

Whoever came out on top would have had a nice springboard.

I disagree. It would have drawn a lot of eyeballs...hasn't happened in our lifetime.

Whoever came out on top would have had a nice springboard.
Of course it would have drawn eyeballs…the question is whether that would have been a net benefit for Harris.

Not to mention, effectively conceding a month on the campaign trail to Trump.

Reactions: srams21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT