ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala

Maybe for you. Regardless of her performance since, it was a significant historical event that should be recognized.
Well, it was an accomplishment that happened to her rather than one she did by herself. And it happened to her because of two major factors that she had no control over. Those being her race and her gender. As a Presidential candidate, she was a complete failure. Her only chance to get into the White House was on the bottom half of the ticket not the top.
If Biden had chosen a running mate based on competence and ability, her name would never have been discussed. But because he announced that he would choose a woman of color, his hands were tied. Hell, she even called him a racist and he still had to pick her.

Well, it was an accomplishment that happened to her rather than one she did by herself. And it happened to her because of two major factors that she had no control over. Those being her race and her gender. As a Presidential candidate, she was a complete failure. Her only chance to get into the White House was on the bottom half of the ticket not the top.
If Biden had chosen a running mate based on competence and ability, her name would never have been discussed. But because he announced that he would choose a woman of color, his hands were tied. Hell, she even called him a racist and he still had to pick her.
I would have done the same had Sarah Palin been elected. You're overthinking a simple gesture of recognition that bodes well for women in this country. I didn't vote for Obama, but it was an amazing accomplishment for a Black man to be elected President.

Well, we're not FB friends, so you're good. It's also a very rare occurrence for me. I save political talk for here. ;)

Also, recognizing the accomplishment in and of itself isn't political. Surely you see that, right?

We might be FB friends. You never know. 😃

And people don't see it that way. If you posted Kamala, you're a Dem.

That's so intellectually dishonest, I'm not sure if it's laughable or sickening. Why does there always have to be a scape goat, e.g., But Trump, She's Black, etc.?

Are you incapable of evaluating a political figure based on individual performance factors?

FWIW, as a father of two daughters, I ran Kamala's photo as a temporary FB image the day she was elected in recognition of the simple fact a woman was elected to one of the highest positions in the country. That recognition stood alone and outside of political bias and supported the notion my daughters can accomplish anything.
How is it dishonest to refer you to the person you referenced? Is it more dishonest to make the obligatory, "I have daughters myself..." comment?

We might be FB friends. You never know. 😃
Well, if we are, then we're related and I have clicked the 'unfollow' button because I tired of your constant political memes that are almost always incorrect, Russian-sourced propaganda. :cool:

And people don't see it that way. If you posted Kamala, you're a Dem.
Maybe in your eyes. However, I don't have an exhaustive list of FB "friends". If we're connected, then we actually know one another. And those who know me, know that I don't subscribe to team politics. I'm an independent.

Would you hire her to run your business, or vote for her in a primary for any office?
Versus a better candidate no.
A business is a different story. She does not have much business experience. She does have life experience and successes, however, which is why I find the wailing and gnashing of teeth over her so hilarious. She was a credible prosecutor from what I have read, then became the AG of the biggest state in the US. She then became a US senator. She is far more accomplished than every single person posting on GIAOT. So, ask me if I'd let her be my CLO, or run a non profit for me, sure.

I would have done the same had Sarah Palin been elected. You're overthinking a simple gesture of recognition that bodes well for women in this country. I didn't vote for Obama, but it was an amazing accomplishment for a Black man to be elected President.
Identity politics will be the demise of this country. Gestures like that do not belong in the Oval Office. I want someone chosen based on their abilities, not their genitals. Harris is simply not qualified. The American people, when given the opportunity to nominate her, spoke very loudly that they weren't going to do so.
Installing an unqualified person, man or woman, into the Presidency does not bode well for anyone.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Identity politics will be the demise of this country. Gestures like that do not belong in the Oval Office. I want someone chosen based on their abilities, not their genitals. Harris is simply not qualified. The American people, when given the opportunity to nominate her, spoke very loudly that they weren't going to do so.
Installing an unqualified person, man or woman, into the Presidency does not bode well for anyone.
I meant my [FB] gesture, not the gesture of placing her in the oval office.

I agree with the rest of your post from a political perspective.

Based on exactly what? Winning elections?

And you don't have the slightest bit of information regarding the accomplishments of various board members.
Post yours up Slappy and we will do a side-by-side comparison. Unless, you know, you're embarrassed by yours:

c8d5685d0d7ca3000e31146813dd078b-4041661_KamalaHarrisResume1.jpg

e83a5daeb928359d902cbf4e396c809f-5053676_KamalaHarrisResume2.jpg

Reactions: lucas80
They wouldn't have to, he didn't ignore a subpoena and have his lawyers lie for him.
But, I digress. You are a totally down the middle, tell it like it is, both sides kind of guy. You totally aren't triggered at all by women. Enjoy the cubicle today.
Lol. It’s not a women issue with Kamala. I just like to point out her stupidity. Which you seem to approve. Cheers.

Reactions: oxHawk
Post yours up Slappy and we will do a side-by-side comparison. Unless, you know, you're embarrassed by yours:

You're making a big enough ass out of yourself in the Fairfield basketball thread. No reason for you to do it here as well.

I meant my [FB] gesture, not the gesture of placing her in the oval office.

I agree with the rest of your post from a political perspective.

Okay, but do you see that even your FaceBook gesture is an empty one? Who exactly is that gesture directed toward? Your daughters? Are you proudly telling them that if they're lucky, a powerful man will pick them for a job that they are not qualified to hold? That's kinda what your gesture says. As for it being "a significant historical event that should be recognized," I would say Biden deserves more recognition than she does because it was Biden who actually caused it to happen.
And I do agree that Condoleezza Rice would have been a great choice for VP simply because she would have been a great candidate for President. I have had the great fortune to hear her speak in person on more than one occasion. I can tell you that between Rice and Harris, there is no comparison. From purely a public speaking perspective, Rice giving a speech makes Harris look like a first grader stumbling through a list of spelling words.

...and how is that different from when Chis does this re Trump/Desantes/Pence, etc.? Do Democrats get a free pass just because MAGAts are so terrible?
From people like Lucas yes, yes they do. Actually they get more than a pass, they get full court defense, even if it means demeaning themselves to do so.

Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters? And this is listed under education?
Trying Not To Laugh GIF by Travis

The degree of Doctor of Humane Letters (Latin: Litterarum humanarum doctor; DHumLitt; DHL; or LHD) is an honorary degree awarded to those who have distinguished themselves through humanitarian and philanthropic contributions to society.[1]

The criteria for awarding the degree differ from institution to institution; however, it is typically given to persons outside the university invited to be keynote speakers at the most important university events, or to faculty members or alumni of the institution who have, in the eyes of the institution or the wider world, distinguished themselves in some way.[2]

The flexibility in interpretation has resulted in universities awarding unique variants of the degree. For example, in 1996 Southampton College awarded Kermit the Frog an honorary "doctorate of Amphibious Letters" in recognition for his contribution to children's education.[3][4]

Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters? And this is listed under education?
Trying Not To Laugh GIF by Travis

The degree of Doctor of Humane Letters (Latin: Litterarum humanarum doctor; DHumLitt; DHL; or LHD) is an honorary degree awarded to those who have distinguished themselves through humanitarian and philanthropic contributions to society.[1]

The criteria for awarding the degree differ from institution to institution; however, it is typically given to persons outside the university invited to be keynote speakers at the most important university events, or to faculty members or alumni of the institution who have, in the eyes of the institution or the wider world, distinguished themselves in some way.[2]

The flexibility in interpretation has resulted in universities awarding unique variants of the degree. For example, in 1996 Southampton College awarded Kermit the Frog an honorary "doctorate of Amphibious Letters" in recognition for his contribution to children's education.[3][4]
Where is your juris doctorate from?

Felt like she was stalling. Dragging the story out.

And then they stepped out of that elevator, onto a platform! A platform so big it could hold several desks! A platform that was designed by an engineer whom they’ve never met! That platform had bolts! Yes, steel bolts made of steel!”
She said it in a Night before Xmas cadence. So incredibly embarrassing. She is sooo bad.

I'm a little confused at what we are supposed to be outraged at here.

What is the audience?

If it's a group of kids, it totally makes sense for her to use simple language to explain how a NASA launch goes.

Now, if it was in front of a group of adults, it's a bit odd, but hardly worthy of lambasting IMO.
Yes. Adults. Not a classroom of first graders.

Kamala is talking again.

Harris bashed for bragging that Biden has lowered electricity and heating bills: ‘Alternate reality’​

Social media users ridiculed Vice President Kamala Harris for claiming that the Biden administration has lowered "heating and electricity bills" so they can buy extra school supplies or take that vacation they’ve always wanted.
Twitter critics called her out for the claim, stating she was describing an "alternate reality" or "lying" to the American people, who are still feeling the economic pain that has characterized the two years the Biden administration has been in office.

During remarks the vice president gave Wednesday at Bowie State University in Maryland, she touted the economic relief that she and her boss Joe Biden have supposedly provided to American families. According to Harris, these savings have left Americans money in their pockets for more luxurious expenditures, like family vacations or new dishwashers.
Harris stated, "For working families, we have reduced heating and electricity bills so folks have more money in their pockets to buy things like schools supplies, replace the dishwasher or take a family vacation."

Again, viewers were not buying Harris’ boast. The RNC provided a quick fact check of the statement, tweeting, "What is she talking about? Electricity is up 11.9%, fuel oil is up 27.7%, and natural gas is up 26.7% over last year."

What is so sad is that YES she does have a base. Everyone that voted for her and Biden would still back her to the moon and back for President. UGH!!
You really believe that people who voted for Biden are her base? I recommend you look at her primary numbers to see what her true base was, and it's doubtful she still has that much support.

If she runs for POTUS, she will have a primary fight, and I wouldn't bet on her to win.

Reactions: TornadoHawk93
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT