ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas City Royals movin!

Kaufman is a cool venue, but the movement to retro-modern, unique stadiums in baseball continues to produce amazing ballparks. I’m sure the Royals’ new stadium won’t disappoint.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Kaufman is a cool venue, but the movement to retro-modern, unique stadiums in baseball continues to produce amazing ballparks. I’m sure the Royals’ new stadium won’t disappoint.

I couldn’t careless if it disappoints, Kauffman is the best in baseball, the area is a perfect fit. Should we move Arrowhead as well??? It’s bullshit,

Hey I get it. You have lots of memories of Neifi dropping bombs and flashing leather there.

Not right now mang. For real, this is pissing me off. Kauffman stadium is incredible. It’s being effed over. The fans are getting screwed. They just did those awesome renovations 12 years ago. Those were fuggin awesome.

• Haha
Reactions: torbee and JMSBFD
Hey @torbee , are the royals building that new complex next to the ymca or did i hear that wrong?

Not right now mang. For real, this is pissing me off. Kauffman stadium is incredible. It’s being effed over. The fans are getting screwed. They just did those awesome renovations 12 years ago. Those were fuggin awesome.
I saw arod hit 3 home runs there. I saw Sabathia mow down Royal after royal after royal. I got a lot of free stuff on tickets that were usually about 15-20 dollars. They better keep their bark at the park going that’s what is most important.

Yeah but it's been common knowledge for awhile this was going to happen. Kauffman is one of the older stadiums and renovations and upkeep would have to constantly be more frequent.

It pretty much has to happen sooner or later

I saw arod hit 3 home runs there. I saw Sabathia mow down Royal after royal after royal. I got a lot of free stuff on tickets that were usually about 15-20 dollars. They better keep their bark at the park going that’s what is most important.

Was he wearing purple lipstick then? I saw a lot of fuggin games there. Moreso when I was younger. This really freakin sucks.

Late 70s early 80s, the Royals were pretty big time with Brett etc, and that park was pretty revolutionary then with the fountains, greenery, and no bleachers.

Reactions: TheCainer
Yeah but it's been common knowledge for awhile this was going to happen. Kauffman is one of the older stadiums and renovations and upkeep would have to constantly be more frequent.

It pretty much has to happen sooner or later

I get it but its such a great place and they should have kept it going. Wrigley is still going, Fenway.

The owner is looking for a 2 billion dollar handout from taxpayers. My guess, after watching stadium drama here in Florida and with the Cubs and Bears, is that the Royals will be in the same stadium for a while. More likely is that he will have the existing stadium undergo extensive renovations all funded by taxpayers.

The owner is looking for a 2 billion dollar handout from taxpayers. My guess, after watching stadium drama here in Florida and with the Cubs and Bears, is that the Royals will be in the same stadium for a while. More likely is that he will have the existing stadium undergo extensive renovations all funded by taxpayers.

Hopefully the taxpayers in Jackson County reject it.

2billion is a lot, that’s like yankee stadium costs. The newest stadium is rangers and it was half that. Must have some big ideas.

It is time. Love it. The area around the K is a shithole. Nothing been built around there in 30 years. Another great addition to our downtown.
Do you like living in the land of fireworks and billboards? My sister is bailing on missouri after just a few years. They really don’t like it there. Ozarks was a fun vacation I thought.

I don’t know about that project. Something for the Bandits where the Y was on 3rd?
I thought i had heard they were the ones doing that big project behind the new Y on 4th/iowa with team housing for the bandits, weight rooms etc

If I'm a Royal's fan, I'd be more worried about the owner selling the team to a Las Vegas group in the event the Oakland As don't move to LV.

Do you like living in the land of fireworks and billboards? My sister is bailing on missouri after just a few years. They really don’t like it there. Ozarks was a fun vacation I thought.
If you’re asking about whether I like living in KC the answer is I love it. Wouldn’t live anywhere else in Missouri, however.

I couldn’t careless if it disappoints, Kauffman is the best in baseball, the area is a perfect fit. Should we move Arrowhead as well??? It’s bullshit,
Yeah, but the District bars and DT area are going to make bank!!

Curious about what @WorldSeriesChamps2021 has to say. I imagine that he is freaken ecstatic about this move. Huge fan of Schuman if I remember right.
I am a totally unique poster from Georgia and I follow the 2021 World Series champion Atlanta Braves. I am circumcised, but that was a medical necessity at age 15. I don't have any hemorrhoids caused by excessive posting and I am indifferent about where the Royals decide to lose most of their games.

I could see the Chiefs building a new stadium where the K used to be in 5-10 years.

Yep. Last I heard IIRC the Chiefs were sniffing around KC KS for a new spot for a stadium.

I like Kaufmann too and the complex' setup is fantastic, but in pro sports circles they're both old. Both franchises, sooner or later, were going to need to build something new - and you had to know they weren't going to be doing a side by side this time around.

it happens, folks. And at least this should ensure both franchises are staying in town.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
I am absolutely fuggin pissed. This is completely and utterly ridiculous. Go fly a kite Schuman, sell the team asshole, kauffman is the best venue in baseball, in a great location. Such bullshit.
You think a baseball stadium in the middle of a plain, surrounded by parking lots, near an interstate is the “best venue in baseball”?!

Now I know why you shop exclusively at Dollar General. You’re straight trash, homie! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT