ADVERTISEMENT

Kapisak in the Portal

Kapisak has stuck on the team for a long time as a walk-on ... a valuable member of the QB room. Hopefully he lands a scholarship from the transfer portal. Unfortunately, there are tons of QBs available on transfer portal ... definitely appears to be a "buyers market."

I always enjoyed watching him during warmups. To my untrained eye the kid always looked like he had some skill. I was always a fan of his for some reason. I really wish him he best. I'm glad he was a Hawkeye.

Good luck Connor.

Reactions: rchawk
I know this will sound like a total Richard thing to say, but why is this even reported? A walk-on who may be behind some of us on the depth chart? I mean good luck to the kid and certainly don’t have any animosity towards him but......
I dunno, maybe I’m in a bad mood.

Reactions: goodbyebobby
I know this will sound like a total Richard thing to say, but why is this even reported? A walk-on who may be behind some of us on the depth chart? I mean good luck to the kid and certainly don’t have any animosity towards him but......

Harb has a thing for 4th and 5th string players.

If you recall, Oliver Martin was our 5th string WR and Harb thought he should be starting.

That infamous thread:

Harb has a thing for 4th and 5th string players.

If you recall, Oliver Martin was our 5th string WR and Harb thought he should be starting.

That infamous thread:

Not apples to apples. 5th string WR generally sees the field. 5th string QB never sees the field.

Hmm, Ash was a walk on, went in the portal and came back with a scholly?

Not apples to apples. 5th string WR generally sees the field. 5th string QB never sees the field.
Just so we all all understand- with two wide receivers in the starting lineup fifth string would be the 9th or tenth best wide receiver.

I'm sorry that Kap is leaving, I want all Hawkeyes to stay through their eligibility. I get wanting to play, and don't blame anybody for that. But being a Hawkeye and maybe, just maybe, seeing playing time your senior year- that would be cool. Plus you were a Hawkeye.

Just so we all all understand- with two wide receivers in the starting lineup fifth string would be the 9th or tenth best wide receiver.

I'm sorry that Kap is leaving, I want all Hawkeyes to stay through their eligibility. I get wanting to play, and don't blame anybody for that. But being a Hawkeye and maybe, just maybe, seeing playing time your senior year- that would be cool. Plus you were a Hawkeye.
I think that is the "Rudy" argument. Some guys are just happy to be on the team. Some want to wear the uniform. Others have more specific playing time expectations and don't fit the Rudy mold.

I, on the other hand, was excited to be able play pick-up games with guys on the team and not completely embarrass myself...well, at least most of the time! Before you laugh, did you ever try to box out Clay Hargrave and keep him off the boards? At least when I played with Lookingbill, it was post back issues.

Last edited:
Hmm, Ash was a walk on, went in the portal and came back with a scholly?
Right but I think we all agree the Ash situation was the “we’re not going to get anyone else, he was a lovely cheerleader from the bench, so let’s just give him the ship we have laying around”.

Just my opinion, but for years the Hawkeyes have had kids who came to practice for 4 or 5 years and never see the field. Do they make a difference? Some make a big difference. They affect attitudes. They teach. And some are great on scout teams. They make a difference. I've only watched Connor during warm ups at Kinnick, but he certainly looked like a solid player who interacted a lot with his teammates.

I hope you're in a better mood now. 😊

Did he get his degree? Can't blaming him for getting a degree and then having one season leading a team.

And good thing, even though there are folks on here who don't think our staff knows what to look for in a QB, we DO have some talent in the room. Certainly understand, but sorry to see CP move on. I think in a crisis he could have been at least respectable if we lost a couple of guys to injury.
CP?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT