ADVERTISEMENT

Katie Porter gave speech to fellow Dems about skyrocketing grocery bills, she said it felt like the first time it sank in with some colleagues

The problem for both parties is there are like 2 parties in* each of the parties. The dems have normal people who think we should standardize some shit to get more done and then full on asshat elitist who think they understand what normal.people go through never having walked a day in the life of a normal person. The Republicans have normal people who just want the government to stay the hell out of the way and follow the constitution but it's also where fringe lunatics find a home under the guise of "stay out of my business". Politicians know if the middle came together they wouldn't have a job so they keep us fighting each other. This Roe v Wade shit is a perfect example. I'm willing to bet 90% of America would be ok with "abortion as a form of birth control is not ok but abortion for the health of the mother or in situations such as rape or incest is ok withen an alloted time" but that doesn't sell. It's always the extremes.

Last edited:
Working class is getting crushed by inflation right now and neither side seems willing to specifically help the working class deal with this. Dems are clueless and the GOP only cares about helping the rich.

What truly sucks about all this is that there’s only so much that can be done until everyone gets their supply chain issues sorted out. But everyone wants quick and easy answers to a complex problem because no one’s really fealty with runaway inflation since the Carter administration.

The two middles need to give up the fringe fringe things that they don’t really care about and come together to get shit done.
The fringe on the left never gets its way. I know because I'm part of that fringe. But the fringe on the right has taken over the entire party and always gets its way. If we want to get serious about fringes, we must first go after the right.

The fringe on the left never gets its way. I know because I'm part of that fringe. But the fringe on the right has taken over the entire party and always gets its way. If we want to get serious about fringes, we must first go after the right.
You won’t get that as long as establishment democrats rule that party. I don’t know if you a democrat, but that party needs to either move hard left or stop moving right as the republicans do.

You won’t get that as long as establishment democrats rule that party. I don’t know if you a democrat, but that party needs to either move hard left or stop moving right as the republicans do.
The establishment Dems compromise all the time. They did on infrastructure, healthcare, and just now are compromising on Title 42. Whens the last time the Rs compromised?

It started with an overreaction to coronavirus spending. 70% of the country needed squat, because of the footing of a strong economy. That, combined with a far too late of reaction by the fed to resume a reasonable interest rate & to start rolling off the balance sheet. 4-6 months sooner would have helped immensely.

The establishment Dems compromise all the time. They did on infrastructure, healthcare, and just now are compromising on Title 42. Whens the last time the Rs compromised?
Like a month ago for Ukraine aid 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Mat_Hawks
One problem with this strategy is that the Dems actually want to govern. It's impossible to stop letting the Rs burn the house down if, you know, they are willing to burn the house down.
A lot of folks are willing to burn this place down. It’s all of the goddamned money. Have none of them seen the movies where the evil people get away with the money and then the escape vehicle explodes? It may not be real but the escape vehicle in real life is that money not being worth anything or you are a sacrificial lamb to someone like Putin.

The problem for both parties is there are like 2 parties on each of the parties. The dems have normal people who think we should standardize some shit to get more done and then full on asshat elitist who think they understand what normal.people go through never having walked a day in the life of a normal person. The Republicans have normal people who just want the government to stay the hell out of the way and follow the constitution but it's also where fringe lunatics find a home under the guise of "stay out of my business". Politicians know if the middle came together they wouldn't have a job so they keep us fighting each other. This Roe v Wade shit is a perfect example. I'm willing to bet 90% of America would be ok with "abortion as a form of birth control is not ok but abortion for the health of the mother or in situations such as rape or incest is ok withen an alloted time" but that doesn't sell. It's always the extremes.
100% agree with you.

If Whiskey and I start agreeing more often, then this world does have a chance after all.

The fringe left has some pull…

The proposed student debt relief is a crumb being thrown their way.

The vocabulary of the D party (birthing people) is for their benefit.

I agree the extreme right (ultra MAGA) 🤣 has more pull then the extreme left.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn

Disagree. What actual far right policies have been on the table as legitimate legislation? The BBB, which I assume will be passed, is full of leftist dreams that are a giant waste of money.

Oh, and they don’t work just like all other spending of that nature at the federal level.

One problem with this strategy is that the Dems actually want to govern. It's impossible to stop letting the Rs burn the house down if, you know, they are willing to burn the house down.
I thank god every night for Joe Manchin. He’s perhaps the greatest senator in US history. Saved us from 50% inflation.

Disagree. What actual far right policies have been on the table as legitimate legislation? The BBB, which I assume will be passed, is full of leftist dreams that are a giant waste of money.

Oh, and they don’t work just like all other spending of that nature at the federal level.
BBB ain’t getting passed

Reactions: goldmom
I say this, not with intent to hurt your feelings or pick a fight, you are who the dems need to quit trying to appease. Nothing will ever be good enough because you are just not* happy with yourself. If you woke up everyday and didn't have to do shit and still had a home and food you would still complain about how you have been a victim.

As a republican, we need to outcast the racist. No, you shouldn't have "freedom of speech" to hate.

Last edited:
Man, I’ve tried having conversations with you. Are you seriously as stupid as you present yourself to be. Maybe you’re just brainwashed. It’s sad.
I don’t trust these pinheads in DC. It’s very much warranted. Biden has done nothing and they want votes more than helping the American people. They’re practically laughing about inflation.

It started with an overreaction to coronavirus spending. 70% of the country needed squat, because of the footing of a strong economy.

True. I did not need Covid stimulus checks, yet my wife and I each received two. We donated all of it to the local food bank.

Way too much money was thrown into the economy, and while a lot of people needed that money, a lot did not. Congress just has this way of ****ing things up when they get involved.

True. I did not need Covid stimulus checks, yet my wife and I each received two. We donated all of it to the local food bank.

Way too much money was thrown into the economy, and while a lot of people needed that money, a lot did not. Congress just has this way of ****ing things up when they get involved.
Should have been means tested. Help those that needed it….

What truly sucks about all this is that there’s only so much that can be done until everyone gets their supply chain issues sorted out. But everyone wants quick and easy answers to a complex problem because no one’s really fealty with runaway inflation since the Carter administration.
And stop printing money.

Reactions: dandh
The problem for both parties is there are like 2 parties on each of the parties. The dems have normal people who think we should standardize some shit to get more done and then full on asshat elitist who think they understand what normal.people go through never having walked a day in the life of a normal person. The Republicans have normal people who just want the government to stay the hell out of the way and follow the constitution but it's also where fringe lunatics find a home under the guise of "stay out of my business". Politicians know if the middle came together they wouldn't have a job so they keep us fighting each other. This Roe v Wade shit is a perfect example. I'm willing to bet 90% of America would be ok with "abortion as a form of birth control is not ok but abortion for the health of the mother or in situations such as rape or incest is ok withen an alloted time" but that doesn't sell. It's always the extremes.
Right on with this post.

Working class is getting crushed by inflation right now and neither side seems willing to specifically help the working class deal with this. Dems are clueless and the GOP only cares about helping the rich.
I don’t know how it’s possible to help. Seems like most “solutions” would just make the problem worse, especially in the short term.

Reactions: MikeyHawk

The far right doesn’t depend on the federal government to enforce their agenda. The far right playbook is more set up to neuter the federal government and allow for far right projects to thrive at the state and local levels with facilitation from special interest groups and organizations like ALEC.

The far left playbook is to waffle between vainly trying to change things from within the Democratic Party and vainly trying to change things from outside the Democratic Party.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL

The extreme right has far more $$$ than the far left. And $$ talks.

The far right doesn’t depend on the federal government to enforce their agenda. The far right playbook is more set up to neuter the federal government and allow for far right projects to thrive at the state and local levels with facilitation from special interest groups and organizations like ALEC.

The far left playbook is to waffle between vainly trying to change things from within the Democratic Party and vainly trying to change things from outside the Democratic Party.
Ahem. The far left playbook is literally Joe Manchin away from being fully implemented; they were blindsighted after locking up Georgia.

Reactions: NCHawk5

Why don't the Democrats, in a state that they control like California, implement their agenda and let everyone compare how awesome it works out vis-a-vis the 'far right' States?

Hint: At the state level they'd have to actually fund what they're doing.

Why don't the Democrats, in a state that they control like California, implement their agenda and let everyone compare how awesome it works out vis-a-vis the 'far right' States?

How do the countries that the left hold up as paradigms do it? Do they not actually fund their programs but instead just pretend fund them?

Do you think it would be easier for California to fund their programs at the state level if their citizens weren't paying a predominant share of their income tax at the federal level?

Let me know if you want me to adjust the font size.

Ahem. The far left playbook is literally Joe Manchin away from being fully implemented; they were blindsighted after locking up Georgia.

Both fair points to an extent. I still think the Republican Party has facilitated the advancement of the far right agenda more effectively than the Democratic Party has facilitated the advancement of the far left agenda.

EDIT: is that a WOB I see up there in kwik’s post?

How do the countries that the left hold up as paradigms do it? Do they not actually fund their programs but instead just pretend fund them?
They institute the taxes to afford them.

Do you think it would be easier for California to fund their programs at the state level if their citizens weren't paying a predominant share of their income tax at the federal level?
Definitely.
Let's get the Federal taxes down and let the States decide how much of this they want to take on.

They institute the taxes to afford them.

Definitely.
Let's get the Federal taxes down and let the States decide how much of this they want to take on.

Do you think that's realistic?

Hint: I don't think you do, and I don't think your questions were in good faith

Do you think that's realistic?

Hint: I don't think you do, and I don't think your questions were in good faith
What's unrealistic about it?

Democrats control CA, why do they refuse to pass a single payer system?

The single-payer measure, Assembly Bill 1400, was the latest attempt to deliver on a longtime priority of Democratic Party faithful to get private insurers and profit margins out of health care. Because it was introduced last year, when it stalled without receiving a single hearing, it needed to pass the Assembly by Monday to continue through the legislative process.

But even the threat of losing the party’s endorsement in the upcoming election cycle was not enough to persuade the Assembly’s Democratic supermajority to advance the bill for further consideration, effectively killing the effort for another year.

What's unrealistic about it?

Democrats control CA, why do they refuse to pass a single payer system?

The single-payer measure, Assembly Bill 1400, was the latest attempt to deliver on a longtime priority of Democratic Party faithful to get private insurers and profit margins out of health care. Because it was introduced last year, when it stalled without receiving a single hearing, it needed to pass the Assembly by Monday to continue through the legislative process.

But even the threat of losing the party’s endorsement in the upcoming election cycle was not enough to persuade the Assembly’s Democratic supermajority to advance the bill for further consideration, effectively killing the effort for another year.

I apologize, maybe I should make the font larger, this is what I was referring to as not realistic: Let's get the Federal taxes down and let the States decide how much of this they want to take on.

"Why do they refuse to pass a single payer system?" Didn't we just cover that? The answer isn't because it fundamentally cannot work and is liberal fantasy idea. The reality is that Assembly Bill 1400 would have to exist under the other realities of our current system.

ADVERTISEMENT