ADVERTISEMENT

****Keegan goes #4 to the Sacramento Kings****

FWE_v3-XwAAurAS

It'll be interesting to see free agency. Do they have the cap to pick up a big player?

Right now the Kings are over the salary cap. Including Keegan's $8M salary, it appears the Kings currently are at $135.7M total. But, correct me if I am wrong, they could spend up to $147M based on this: the salary cap is expected to be $121M and the luxury tax threshold is projected at $147M. Those numbers are up from the $112.4 million salary cap and $136.6 million tax level in place for 2021-22.

The 3 highest paid Kings:
$28.1M De'Aaron Fox (24 yrs old)
$20.3M Harrison Barnes (30 yrs old)
$19.8M Domantas Sabonis (26 yrs old)

Here is the current 17 player Kings roster:

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Right now the Kings are over the salary cap. Including Keegan's $8M salary, it appears the Kings currently are at $135.7M total. But, correct me if I am wrong, they could spend up to $147M based on this: the salary cap is expected to be $121M and the luxury tax threshold is projected at $147M. Those numbers are up from the $112.4 million salary cap and $136.6 million tax level in place for 2021-22.

The 3 highest paid Kings:
$28.1M De'Aaron Fox (24 yrs old)
$20.3M Harrison Barnes (30 yrs old)
$19.8M Domantas Sabonis (26 yrs old)

Here is the current 17 player Kings roster:

Seems like I heard somewhere that they may move 5 players. Let's see what Monte and Mike do going forward. I would guess that after the summer league, things will happen quickly. I may be wrong but I believe free agency starts sometime this upcoming week.

Seems like I heard somewhere that they may move 5 players. Let's see what Monte and Mike do going forward. I would guess that after the summer league, things will happen quickly. I may be wrong but I believe free agency starts sometime this upcoming week.

it sure is a jigsaw puzzle, isn't it?

I thought his choice for a uniform number was interesting - is there any historical significance to him picking #13?

Over the phone on draft night, Murray told the Kings staff he's decided to wear No. 13.

But why that number?

“I was [number] three growing up, so I just put the one next to it,” Murray explained. “I was [number] 15 in college. So, there’s a one in 15 and a three in three, so 13.”

Makes sense.

No. 13 is one of the most popular digits in franchise history, as Murray will become the 20th player to don it. Only six other numbers have been worn more often in Kings annals -- 3, 5, 9, 10, 15 and 20.

Tristan Thompson was the latest Kings player to wear No. 13, doing so for 30 games last season. Other notable players to wear No. 13 include Tyreke Evans and Doug Christie, currently an assistant coach on Mike Brown’s staff.

“Doug Christie, yeah, new coach,” Murray said with a smile. “I’m excited to represent that number.”

The No. 13 served Evans well. Like Murray, Evans was the No. 4 overall pick by Sacramento in the draft. He went on to log 20.1 points, 5.8 assists and 5.3 rebounds per game and was named the 2009-10 Rookie of the Year.

Evans is the only Kings player to win Rookie of Year since the franchise moved to Sacramento in 1985.

Doesn't surprise me at all, growing up with great parents and the Iowa mentality along with what he learned in this program he wants a new Impala? So refreshing he didn't drop $500k on some luxury car and buy a million things. Have lots of respect for those financially savvy athletes, execs, etc driving a 10 year old car around just because a) it's paid off, b) it runs just fine, c) it's a means of point A to point B and d) taxes, insurance and license are low.

Doesn't surprise me at all, growing up with great parents and the Iowa mentality along with what he learned in this program he wants a new Impala? So refreshing he didn't drop $500k on some luxury car and buy a million things. Have lots of respect for those financially savvy athletes, execs, etc driving a 10 year old car around just because a) it's paid off, b) it runs just fine, c) it's a means of point A to point B and d) taxes, insurance and license are low.

Keegan & Kris shared an Impala while at Iowa, of course.

:)

You realize Ivey is from South Bend and both Detroit and Indiana (picks 5 and 6) are close to home...where his family can go watch him.

If memory serves, I think he's stated he was a Piston fan growing up. Having a good chance to go to your favorite team or another close team and saying you'd prefer those isn't a bad look.
Half a million less to play close to your family? Buy them a League Pass. Ivey was probably more concerned with playing time. Mitchell isn’t giving up his spot and is light years ahead of where Ivey is right now. Perhaps it was best for both Murray and Ivey. Ivey’s comments could had made no difference as The Kings were going to take Murray anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT