Keegan Johnson Update?

Nov 6, 2019
Any word on his status? I know he isn’t listed on the 2 deeps. There were rumblings that we would get an “update” today

BigOHawk

HR All-American
Oct 27, 2001
Omaha, NE
Any word on his status? I know he isn’t listed on the 2 deeps. There were rumblings that we would get an “update” today
KF talks at 2, might get more info then. If a lingering issue and won't be 100% healthy, maybe he takes his 4 game RS year this year?

May 27, 2009
If you watch Ferentz' reaction in previous weeks when questioned about Keegan Johnson you can tell there's something about it bothering him. He uses his pointer finger, touches his eye, almost seems to be at the very beginning stage of crying.

Everything around the Keegan Johnson thing has been vague. There's something else going on here besides a supposed hamstring injury.

DrVenkman

HR Legend
Sep 1, 2005
If you watch Ferentz' reaction in previous weeks when questioned about Keegan Johnson you can tell there's something about it bothering him. He uses his pointer finger, touches his eye, almost seems to be at the very beginning stage of crying.

Everything around the Keegan Johnson thing has been vague. There's something else going on here besides a supposed hamstring injury.

Are KF and KJ in a relationship? Because, if yes, that would be weird

Last edited:

BBHawk

HR Legend
Oct 31, 2001
Iowa City

Hey everybody! Let's throw some $hit at the wall to see if it sticks!

😉

jonesy5960

HR Heisman
Sep 6, 2012

Are you saying Kirk has a tell?

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
Feb 25, 2008
Other than to appease the fans, why would you ever want to disclose an injury so specifically that it may be used against the player or team?
So that we can exterminate those who would use that injury/info against out players with extreme prejudice............

But we don't know who would do that if Iowa keeps that injury info to themselves, amirite?...... ;)

BBHawk

HR Legend
Oct 31, 2001
Iowa City
Geez....there goes any credibility you may have had.
I'll answer to you as you're the last one to reply. HIPAA may apply to a coach sunce they have access to personal health issues. It's a legal area that is not as well defined because of the relationship between the staff and the player. This link has a lengthy discussion about it if you care to go that far into it. For the most part, coaches avoid discussing a player's health unless the player has specifically asked that they do.

May 26, 2006
Denver, CO
I'll answer to you as you're the last one to reply. HIPAA may apply to a coach sunce they have access to personal health issues. It's a legal area that is not as well defined because of the relationship between the staff and the player. This link has a lengthy discussion about it if you care to go that far into it. For the most part, coaches avoid discussing a player's health unless the player has specifically asked that they do.
It is defined. I linked who is under the law and who is not. If somehow I had your health info, I am under NO obligation to keep it to myself as I am not a "covered entity".

Ferentz has always kept this stuff on the down low, which is respectful of the player for sure, but he is under no legal obligation to do so.

TheonGreyJoy

HR All-American
Aug 9, 2022
Are KF and KJ in a relationship? Because, if yes, that would be weird

pedro-monkey-puppet.gif

• Haha
Reactions: NevadaHawk

HawkDoggy

HR All-State
Nov 20, 2021
No. You're just digging the hole deeper. HIPPA does not apply to Kirk Ferentz with respect to his football players. He chooses to withhold injury related details for other reasons.

nu2u

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2006
You have confidently proclaimed that HIPAA applies to "anyone talking about someone else's private medical data". Just admit you're not very well informed about the law.

Rustys Dad

HR Heisman
Jun 19, 2015
Des Moines
He'll play in 4 games or less so he can redshirt.
Negative thought by me but I wondered same thing… somehow not playing this year … not burning a season and then entering portal… just seems “off”with the vagueness of his injury … playing … then injured again…. What the hell do I know!? 😉

toddhawkwi

Scout Team
Sep 11, 2002
Asbury, IA
Wow... some weird theories here. When he was playing against Nevada, you can see him pull up on a play. I turned to my wife and said he just reinjured his hammy... so much for him for 3-4 weeks. I'm not surprised he's out - I wish they hadn't played him on the wet field but I get it. Hopefully he gets back after the bye week.

RatTailGuy

Team MVP
Feb 19, 2022

Ya SP

Reactions: iahawks10

Hawkfan_08

HR Legend
Nov 9, 2002
North Liberty
Wow... some weird theories here. When he was playing against Nevada, you can see him pull up on a play. I turned to my wife and said he just reinjured his hammy... so much for him for 3-4 weeks. I'm not surprised he's out - I wish they hadn't played him on the wet field but I get it. Hopefully he gets back after the bye week.

I said the same. Hamstring injuries suck and can take a long time to come back from. I think we pushed him a week early.