ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Johnson Update?

AZHawkeye7

Rookie
Nov 6, 2019
Any word on his status? I know he isn’t listed on the 2 deeps. There were rumblings that we would get an “update” today

Any word on his status? I know he isn’t listed on the 2 deeps. There were rumblings that we would get an “update” today
KF talks at 2, might get more info then. If a lingering issue and won't be 100% healthy, maybe he takes his 4 game RS year this year?

If you watch Ferentz' reaction in previous weeks when questioned about Keegan Johnson you can tell there's something about it bothering him. He uses his pointer finger, touches his eye, almost seems to be at the very beginning stage of crying.

Everything around the Keegan Johnson thing has been vague. There's something else going on here besides a supposed hamstring injury.

If you watch Ferentz' reaction in previous weeks when questioned about Keegan Johnson you can tell there's something about it bothering him. He uses his pointer finger, touches his eye, almost seems to be at the very beginning stage of crying.

Everything around the Keegan Johnson thing has been vague. There's something else going on here besides a supposed hamstring injury.

Are KF and KJ in a relationship? Because, if yes, that would be weird

Last edited:

Hey everybody! Let's throw some $hit at the wall to see if it sticks!

😉

Are you saying Kirk has a tell?

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
Other than to appease the fans, why would you ever want to disclose an injury so specifically that it may be used against the player or team?
So that we can exterminate those who would use that injury/info against out players with extreme prejudice............

But we don't know who would do that if Iowa keeps that injury info to themselves, amirite?...... ;)

Geez....there goes any credibility you may have had.
I'll answer to you as you're the last one to reply. HIPAA may apply to a coach sunce they have access to personal health issues. It's a legal area that is not as well defined because of the relationship between the staff and the player. This link has a lengthy discussion about it if you care to go that far into it. For the most part, coaches avoid discussing a player's health unless the player has specifically asked that they do.

I'll answer to you as you're the last one to reply. HIPAA may apply to a coach sunce they have access to personal health issues. It's a legal area that is not as well defined because of the relationship between the staff and the player. This link has a lengthy discussion about it if you care to go that far into it. For the most part, coaches avoid discussing a player's health unless the player has specifically asked that they do.
It is defined. I linked who is under the law and who is not. If somehow I had your health info, I am under NO obligation to keep it to myself as I am not a "covered entity".

Ferentz has always kept this stuff on the down low, which is respectful of the player for sure, but he is under no legal obligation to do so.

Are KF and KJ in a relationship? Because, if yes, that would be weird

pedro-monkey-puppet.gif

• Haha
Reactions: NevadaHawk
No. You're just digging the hole deeper. HIPPA does not apply to Kirk Ferentz with respect to his football players. He chooses to withhold injury related details for other reasons.

You have confidently proclaimed that HIPAA applies to "anyone talking about someone else's private medical data". Just admit you're not very well informed about the law.

He'll play in 4 games or less so he can redshirt.
Negative thought by me but I wondered same thing… somehow not playing this year … not burning a season and then entering portal… just seems “off”with the vagueness of his injury … playing … then injured again…. What the hell do I know!? 😉

Wow... some weird theories here. When he was playing against Nevada, you can see him pull up on a play. I turned to my wife and said he just reinjured his hammy... so much for him for 3-4 weeks. I'm not surprised he's out - I wish they hadn't played him on the wet field but I get it. Hopefully he gets back after the bye week.

Ya SP

Reactions: iahawks10
Wow... some weird theories here. When he was playing against Nevada, you can see him pull up on a play. I turned to my wife and said he just reinjured his hammy... so much for him for 3-4 weeks. I'm not surprised he's out - I wish they hadn't played him on the wet field but I get it. Hopefully he gets back after the bye week.

I said the same. Hamstring injuries suck and can take a long time to come back from. I think we pushed him a week early.

ADVERTISEMENT