ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan & Kris Murray at their Pro Day

@PHawkKenyon , correct me if I am wrong, but Priority Sports has all of these players as clients and they set this up? Is this a 1 day event? Was every NBA team represented? How did it go for Keegan & Kris? ;)

Priority did set up the pro day for their current clients and potential clients (Kris and Pete Nance). It was a 1 day, 1 hour workout and all 30 teams were present.

Are we going to lose both Murray’s to the NBA in the upcoming draft?

I have said this before but the teams that pick at the end of the 1st round might take a hard look at Kris' upside and decide to pick him. Kris has moved up the the mock drafts (last I saw was him at #37, which is in the 2nd round). I could see Pat Riley of the Heat or Pop of the Spurs being interested in picking Kris late in the 1st Round, for example.

And I will be watching Oklahoma City, which is rebuilding and has 3 first round picks (#2, #12, #30). If Kris is a projected top 15 pick next year, why not pick him at #30 this year? It could be a steal for Oklahoma City, imo. And yes, there is a reason I am not a GM. ;)

Teams picking at the end of the 1st Round:

#25 San Antonio Spurs
#26 Dallas Mavericks
#27 Miami Heat
#28 Golden State Warriors
#29 Memphis Grizzlies
#30 Oklahoma City Thunder

Reactions: 1911_Bandit
Watching the Warriors/Mavericks series, I think Wiggins is a good comparison to Keegan. Great body control, good shot and solid on D.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Watching the Warriors/Mavericks series, I think Wiggins is a good comparison to Keegan. Great body control, good shot and solid on D.

Wiggins was a lottery pick out of High School? He has had a great run, not sold on his 3pt shooting given he is poor FT shooter

I'd give the edge to Wiggins on athleticism, but to keegan on skills. Mavericks need to improve to improve their defense...the value pick might be Kris Murray--stuff him in G-league and see if his game improves. Keegan always going to have the edge because Keegan can go both left and right whereas Kris seems more limited to his dominant left hand.

If Kris goes to NBA, what a waste that he spent 3/4 of his time the 1st two years at Iowa on the bench.

Wiggins was a lottery pick out of High School? He has had a great run, not sold on his 3pt shooting given he is poor FT shooter

I'd give the edge to Wiggins on athleticism, but to keegan on skills. Mavericks need to improve to improve their defense...the value pick might be Kris Murray--stuff him in G-league and see if his game improves. Keegan always going to have the edge because Keegan can go both left and right whereas Kris seems more limited to his dominant left hand.

If Kris goes to NBA, what a waste that he spent 3/4 of his time the 1st two years at Iowa on the bench.
Mavs need a decent big man! They have been getting murdered on the boards all series by an undersized GS squad

Reactions: LGEND24
ADVERTISEMENT