ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Murray - 2022 NBA Draft?

This is going to surprise a lot of people, but it really shouldn’t.

There are two other B1G prospects in the first round there. There are 5 total B1G prospects in both rounds.

Caleb Houstan - Michigan incoming freshman at #9
Jaden Ivey - Purdue Sophomore at #14

TBH, I could see NBA scouts elevating him above any other B1G player besides maybe Houstan who is similar. There’s going to be a lot of intrigue about his growth spurt when teams figure that out. There wasn’t much this year but if you look hard enough, you can find some clips of guard skill. There will be some reservations because he’s a year older than his class.

This would be huge for Iowa and Keegan. No 1st rounder since Ricky Davis and Keegan gets to live a dream.

The cumulative talent on Iowa’s roster the last few years from Cook to this current freshmen class (not just Keegan) is going to leave fans wanting if no second weekend.

I've been saying it since December. Got laughed at for saying it yesterday.

He was easily the best pro prospect on the team and he would start showing up on draft boards sooner than latter.

If he hits a good percentage from 3 next year I'd say its a real possibility hes gone.

The nba loves versatile defenders who can hit 3s and Keegan is one of the most versatile defenders in college basketball.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r

He was easily the best pro prospect on the team and he would start showing up on draft boards sooner than latter.

If he hits a good percentage from 3 next year I'd say its a real possibility hes gone.

The nba loves versatile defenders who can hit 3s and Keegan is one of the most versatile defenders in college basketball.
He's gone no matter what. He's going to be far and away our best player next year. Guards multiple positions, runs the floor, is just really getting started on his offensive game. Will only get better in the NBA.

The 3-point shooting is the piece. If he becomes close to a 40% 3-point shooter, it makes him a very intriguing prospect. Size to guard multiple positions. Athleticism to defend outside and in. If he has a big year, he will have a decision to make.

Crazy to think he wasn’t hardly recruited out of hs, now is a projected 1st rounder! What a difference a few extra inches makes!

Reactions: Ihawkhoops
Crazy to think he wasn’t hardly recruited out of hs, now is a projected 1st rounder! What a difference a few extra inches makes!
giphy.gif

Always about the "long" game. Keegan and Kris trusted the people we were able to connect them with, understood the importance of staying the course and I believe, will be rewarded in some way when it is all said and done.

Always about the "long" game. Keegan and Kris trusted the people we were able to connect them with, understood the importance of staying the course and I believe, will be rewarded in some way when it is all said and done.
I think they have already been rewarded, and the rewards (and awards!) will keep coming! You have raised yourself a couple great players, and more importantly great kids! You can tell by the way they carry themselves. Congrats to them, and your family! Go Hawks

Not surprising at all....going to be a great one no matter how long he sticks around! Quite possibly one of my all time favorites and he was only a freshman.

Agree and would add what a difference athleticism makes. Fran has seen it on display in second round games, but is still on the fence whether it's necessary.

Selfishly I hope Keagan sticks around to play least 2 more seasons with his brother. Can't blame him if and when he leaves. I posted in another thread Keagan's size, athleticism and style of game fits so well with the NBA these days. I think it was in the Big 10 tourney against Illinois Grant Hill and Bill Raftery said when they showed him on the floor watch out Big 10 once this kid fills out more and gets stronger. Maybe because they are also twins but his game reminds me of the Morris twins who played at KU and both in the NBA still.

Reactions: BBHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT