ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Murray and Caitlin Clark finalist for the Naismith Trophy

TomKakert

Publisher, HawkeyeReport.com
Sep 16, 2001
Keegan Murray and Caitlin Clark are one of the four finalist for the Naismith Trophy.

There is a fan vote for the award.

Unfortunately, I think with Iowa's early exits, that pretty much guarantees it going to the best player on the best teams remaining.

That'd be Boston and Agbaji.

Too bad.....
Yeah, I think you're right that neither Hawk will win it. Not sure that "Well, it was a great honor to be in the finalists" will register much with recruits. Heck, Garza winning it didn't exactly attract a lot of skilled big men. Maybe, just maybe, McCaffery needs to get a younger assistant that can relate to today's prospects and sell them on the program. Not easy to talk city kids into moving to the likes of Iowa, but it probably doesn't help when you have 60+ year old white men doing the selling.

Yeah, I think you're right that neither Hawk will win it. Not sure that "Well, it was a great honor to be in the finalists" will register much with recruits. Heck, Garza winning it didn't exactly attract a lot of skilled big men. Maybe, just maybe, McCaffery needs to get a younger assistant that can relate to today's prospects and sell them on the program. Not easy to talk city kids into moving to the likes of Iowa, but it probably doesn't help when you have 60+ year old white men doing the selling.
It has to do with winning, period. What sells Lawrence fricken Kansas or Durham North Carolina? Its not the old white guys or the shit bird towns their in. :confused:

ADVERTISEMENT