ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Murray ESPN interview

BrunoMars420

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2016

Good interview with Keegan. Sounds like he knows he is gone. Also his favorite NBA comps are Mikal Bridges and John Collins 🤔. He is honestly a hybrid of both of these players but didn’t really think Collins as a comp before this interview. More I think of his game he is pretty comparable with his bounciness and offensive game at the next level with a better shot but he is a more complete player on Defense than Collins coming out. I always thought he would be like a more physical and stronger Mikal Bridges type in the NBA.

Reactions: iabcuda and Torg
It's really frustrating to lose players to the pros, especially in basketball when you might only have 1 or 2 good ones.

But, assuming he can be a first round draft choice I don't know how you could turn it down. Guaranteed, life changing money.

Reactions: Hawkeyesgonewild
It's really frustrating to lose players to the pros, especially in basketball when you might only have 1 or 2 good ones.

But, assuming he can be a first round draft choice I don't know how you could turn it down. Guaranteed, life changing money.
Why would he want to continue playing at Iowa? And I am a huge Hawks Bball fan. There is 0 upside.

Looks like he's a consensus Top 10 pick. At the end of the day, this is huge for recruiting.

Great interview. I wonder if the path the Murrays took going the IMG route wouldn't be advantageous for a lot of other kids with potential but no offers from schools that they'd want to attend. When Keegan arrived last year he was already B1G ready. Garza was a great example to follow, but the only thing he lacked when he arrived was minutes and experience. That says a lot for a kid with no good offers coming out of highschool.

Wonder what handicap he plays to at TPC? I'm guessing he's single digits if he's been playing that long.
Impressive kid, nice face for this program.

I would love to see him come back. On the other I would hate to see him blow a knee out ang loose millions good luck young man

Great interview. I wonder if the path the Murrays took going the IMG route wouldn't be advantageous for a lot of other kids with potential but no offers from schools that they'd want to attend. When Keegan arrived last year he was already B1G ready. Garza was a great example to follow, but the only thing he lacked when he arrived was minutes and experience. That says a lot for a kid with no good offers coming out of highschool.
DME Academy route.

Reactions: jonesy5960
It's kinda mind-boggling when you think about Keegan and Kris coming out of high school a few years ago. Many on this board, as you know, went nuts saying Fran was stupid to sign up two kids just because they were legacies. They are not BIG-caliber players, yada, yada, yada. Kris and Keegan had ZERO offers other than Iowa.

Now, three years later, Keegan may lead the nation in scoring, will be first team All Big Ten, first team All American, and a top 10 NBA draft choice. Meanwhile, Kris is developing along similar lines and may hit those same marks, or close, next year.

From nothing to everything in three or four years. Did I say it's mind-boggling . . .

BTW: Don't ya love Cooper Kupp of the Rams? Zero offers outta high school. Now maybe the top receiver in the NFL, Super Bowl MVP and Super Bowl champion after starring at . . . Eastern Washington. Wow. Gotta love these stories. Sports is one place where the American Dream is still alive.

[The only thing I see wrong with Kupp is that he doesn't spell his first name with a K. C'mon, man, it's gotta be Kooper Kupp.]:)

It's kinda mind-boggling when you think about Keegan and Kris coming out of high school a few years ago. Many on this board, as you know, went nuts saying Fran was stupid to sign up two kids just because they were legacies. They are not BIG-caliber players, yada, yada, yada. Kris and Keegan had ZERO offers other than Iowa.

Now, three years later, Keegan may lead the nation in scoring, will be first team All Big Ten, first team All American, and a top 10 NBA draft choice. Meanwhile, Kris is developing along similar lines and may hit those same marks, or close, next year.

From nothing to everything in three or four years. Did I say it's mind-boggling . . .

BTW: Don't ya love Cooper Kupp of the Rams? Zero offers outta high school. Now maybe the top receiver in the NFL, Super Bowl MVP and Super Bowl champion after starring at . . . Eastern Washington. Wow. Gotta love these stories. Sports is one place where the American Dream is still alive.

[The only thing I see wrong with Kupp is that he doesn't spell his first name with a K. C'mon, man, it's gotta be Kooper Kupp.]:)
And somehow all of this in spite of Fran - yes that's sarcasm! If people are going to rail on him for every decision that's made, give him a little credit when due. I'm sure he played at least a part in his development.

Impressive young man, on and off the court. Sure wish there were a way for him to spend another year at Iowa, but agree, at least with respect to his NBA stock, there is no incentive to return.

Hawks would be in a position to do more next year, assuming everyone is back and healthy. We would sure have a dynamite group of forwards.

They attended DME Sports Academy in Daytona Beach. They helped DME reach the national tourney for the first time and the program has sense gone to the Final Four. A hidden gym that has started to recruit players from all over the world. Best decision we could have made as a family.

They attended DME Sports Academy in Daytona Beach. They helped DME reach the national tourney for the first time and the program has sense gone to the Final Four. A hidden gym that has started to recruit players from all over the world. Best decision we could have made as a family.
Yeah. I got the academy wrong 😕. What a huge trajectory changer for Keegan and Kris. Couldn't have made a better investment in their futures.

Reactions: PHawkKenyon

Adam Thielen for the Vikings is another wide receiver who didn't attend a power conference university.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT