ADVERTISEMENT

Keeping BF is the right decision. 1 more yr.

Check the out of conference schedule. We Is actually played really good teams with a pulse. Minnesota wasn't always bad, They actually had some really good teams and Wisconsin got really strong in fry's last 5 to 7 years. I will also get to play rutgers and Maryland. So, Yes
Did you want to look at the non conference games that were scheduled prior to JHF arriving or after JHF was involved in scheduling? They were better than current but not in a dramatic way.

R.a8231dd1d627e6dd45e8e15c49d0948a

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Funny coming from the dbag who started a thread defending BF and saying the guy who led the 2nd worst offense in the nation should get another year after having a bottom 10 one the year prior. The irony of you calling someone and idiot who makes a fool out of yourself daily here with your post. Like your legendary hammer thread, lol.
It's also funny that a guy who can't spell or use basic grammar correctly is calling ANYONE an idiot.

There are a lot of great things about this program, but offense has really never been one of them and I really don't understand why. We have had talented position players, yet we have always been held back by the scheme and play calling. College football has evolved but this offense has not!
Unfortunately KF won't make any changes as long as he's in charge, which tells me there is no accountability in this program and until the big money donors push for change, no offense is going to be the norm.
I just have to wonder what this team could be like with just half an offense, how much fun would it be to watch?!
It should be 25 points against Big 10 teams and 8 wins total. Very soft schedule.

He was fighting cancer, right?
You are right and I have a real soft spot for people who have had or do have cancer. I had a bad cancer 7 years ago and wasnt expected to live and it came back a year ago. Im not complaining as I have relatives and lots of friends who lost the fight to cancer. Anybody out there with cancer fight everyday and all you others get your checkups on time. I waited to long. Im not trying to give a sermon, but cancer is pure evil.

Reactions: DewHawk
Brian Ferentz has had six seasons of on-the-job training, and the only thing he’s proven is his ability to f#€k up a two car parade.

Retaining him is a horrible decision, and sends a signal to prospective recruits that keeping Tommy Boy in a cushy position is more important than fielding an effective, exciting offense that would utilize the skill sets of these potential recruits.

If people saying that Brian and his family are being harassed out in public is true that's really disappointing. I don't condone it in any way, and think those people are pretty trashy but people being people it doesn't surprise me at all. She made the choice to marry into a famous family but it's not his kids' fault dad is an entitled, greedy turd.....but at this point he's made that decision to bring that on his family. Doesn't seem his fathering insticts are much better than his OC or QB coach coach. Actually seems like a pretty dumb dude

He sucks at his job, but because he is a nepo baby he’s taking home nearly a million a year. Phuque him. If he doesn’t like it, quit his job and move.

You are right and I have a real soft spot for people who have had or do have cancer. I had a bad cancer 7 years ago and wasnt expected to live and it came back a year ago. Im not complaining as I have relatives and lots of friends who lost the fight to cancer. Anybody out there with cancer fight everyday and all you others get your checkups on time. I waited to long. Im not trying to give a sermon, but cancer is pure evil.
Keep up the fight. I do get any and all recommended checkups. So many could be caught early.

Reactions: budweb
He sucks at his job, but because he is a nepo baby he’s taking home nearly a million a year. Phuque him. If he doesn’t like it, quit his job and move.
Funny part is he could pound anyone on here complaining about him into the pavement so I doubt too many are running their mouths to him. He would have to be sure to let the other person take the first shot so he could then do self defense and not assault.

Funny coming from the dbag who started a thread defending BF and saying the guy who led the 2nd worst offense in the nation should get another year after having a bottom 10 one the year prior. The irony of you calling someone and idiot who makes a fool out of yourself daily here with your post. Like your legendary hammer thread, lol.
It's not the 2nd worst OFF in country, You're just too dmb to figure that out. If we played in the conferences that 50% of those in front of us did we wouldn't be where we r, moron.

Reactions: F5n5
And you now that because... ? Hayden didn't have that great of a record against Wisky or NW in the 90's after both got good.
While I agree, it's hard to say JHF would have had the same issue he had in his last five years, i.e., recruiting "ageism", other B10 coaches, etc. It can be argued part of the reason Wiscy and NW had success was due, in part, to winning recruits and some of JHF assistants moving on. And frankly, if JHF had left earlier, one could postulate that an Alvarez may have ended up at Iowa instead of Wisconsin.

JHF really had nothing to "prove after 1987, but his drive and desire to rebound after 1988/1989 may been a catalyst for 1990/1991. Would he have felt the need/desire to stay if he had won his last two Rose Bowls? Impossible to say with any certainty.

It's almost uncanny how similar the patterns are with both JHF & KF, i.e., the multiple rebounds each had after disappointing seasons. JHF certainly bounced back after 1988/1989, just as KF did after 2006/2007. He did it again after 1992/1993/1994, just as KF did after 2011/2012 and then 2014.

Question becomes, does KF have anything more? Or maybe more pertinent, does he have the staff AND inner competitiveness to get back Indy, or even the CFP?

Did you want to look at the non conference games that were scheduled prior to JHF arriving or after JHF was involved in scheduling? They were better than current but not in a dramatic way.
The problem with comparing non-con schedules is we played some teams that are tough to compare the same way B10 teams have changed in the same period. Add to that, some of those non-con teams ended up in the B1G, which just makes it almost "weird". The non-con PSU and Nebby teams were near behemoth-level compared to their B1G years, though PSU has certainly had blueblood-level teams while in the conference, while Nebby, decidedly, has not. Seriously, not one of Nebby's B1G-era teams has been in CFP discussions.

It's not the 2nd worst OFF in country, You're just too dmb to figure that out. If we played in the conferences that 50% of those in front of us did we wouldn't be where we r, moron.
Stats don’t lie. Yes it technically was the 2nd worst. Look at first 2 weeks the teams we played their opponents also in first 2 weeks Cal Poly vs sdsu and SE Mo St vs isu more than doubled Iowa’s offensive production. It was the 2nd worst statistical offense in big 10 since KF took over. But yeah keep telling yourself our offense didn’t suck…. Speaking of morons your post in this threads speaks volumes. But you just keep on being you

In no world was it the right thing to do to bring back a failed OC. Only in a world where that failed OC’s dad is the head coach and ruler of UI athletics does this happen.

Acknowledging that he never should have been hired by Iowa as OC in the first place (zero OC experience and complete unproven as an OC), I wish he had been an effective OC. He wasn’t, and he had 5 years to show that he could be. But alas, this is what happens when dad’s the head coach.

The Iowa football coaching staff isn’t a meritocracy, sadly, where the OC is concerned. Any staff should be. Nepotism unfortunately overrides the concept of a meritocracy, and that’s exactly why it shouldn’t be permitted. KF and Gary sidestepped the rules and here we are.

He’s had 6 years, and he’s proven that the last thing he deserves is a seventh.
Small correction made: Brian is going into season 7 as OC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT