ADVERTISEMENT

Keeping BF is the right decision. 1 more yr.

We just came off a miserable yr of OFF injuries, to include both oline and wr. On top of that BF was stuck with a immobile inaccurate pro style QB. Goodluck to anyone trying to move that OFF.

Now we have a mobile and accurate QB, a stud RB, a great TE transfer to go with 1 or 2 studs already, a great looking WR transfer to gonl with some healed up wrs in Nico and Bostick along with a couple big bodied wr recruits and most importantlya plethora of healthy and new olineman. They'll most likely be another wr (speedster) added before its all done if things play out right.

Because of all this, and how next yr is lining up to be a good run with plenty of experience, it wouldn't make sense to burn the year trying to transition into an entirely new OFF scheme.

I expect great things and a calming of the craziness after next yr as the OFF will be much improved. But, if it's not, BF will be gone, and probably gone from Iowa.
Not going to lie. Couldn't tell by reading the headline if I was going to read a satire article but I guess OP is serious...

Funny thing is immobile qb, young OL and even RBs Iowa knew in Spring what they had last year. The 2 hurt OL Davidkov RS frosh who had never played and Britt who has barely seen the field due to injuries. It's not like OL would've been ok if they played. Ince retired well before then. Even before Jones Iowa had lost 3 WRs to the portal. Came in with 2 soph. RBs with limited playing time and the statue Petras. Yet the Ferentzs went with status quo. Stubborn KF waited a year too long to embrace the portal and doubled down giving Fredo the QB coach job. The fact that Iowa only brought in a 3rd string TE and didn't address any other position on the field is all on the coaches mainly KF. So they can't play the excuse card with depth and injuries.

But everything Iowa did this year was just as worse than the last season when it was pretty awful. You want to make this claim before last season, ok I would've disagreed but least understand the argument a bit. But not after last 2 dreadful seasons. Also your claim of bringing in a new OC to learn a new scheme is ridiculous. Offensive scheme any changes would be minimal with KF still running the show and that's part of Spring ball to learn the new wrinkles if they did.

Wrong the idiot got last year as his 1 more year BS....once again you are a clown who knows NOTHING about the ongoings inside Iowa football and just like to run their mouth acting like they know shit go away troll!
Listen to how stupid your replies are, along with lacking any facts...then u call others idiots, man if u were a light bulb you'd be about a 5 watter!

Ball control, field position, limiting OFF possessions, and beating us by long consistent non flashy drives is all part of his formula, which is genius when u know your recruiting challenges in the state of Iowa. Playing up tempo with multiple OFF possessions is not his winning formula...it's baffles me that people on here don't understand that, and keep thinking our DEF and team success would be as great if we did the opposite.

He limits the possessions in a game, and makes other OFF be consistent and with patience to be successful...which is not well done by most college kids and teams..I mean hell look how annoyed u fans are, imagine playing against that formula.

Get a clue people.
This. Iowa is 71-30 since this philosophy has been installed.

Iowa is on the cusp of doing something big. With the additions + experience, Iowa is built for a run.

Damn 2002 is 20 years ago, hard to believe. I’m sure lots of fans crave for things to go back 20-25 years for their teams, but this is Iowa, we aren’t allowed and we don’t allow any mention of the distant past. We find a time frame that fits our narrative and stick with it as long as it doesn’t involve going back farther than 2002. Please find a good 3,6,8 year time frame that fits your narrative and stick with it. Board rules.
It's funny how Kirk and Barta do this and always go back to 15'. Not last 10 years it has always well ever since 2015... It's crap and remind me when ISU fans use to come on here everything when talking about the series with them they would always reference from 98' when they finally beat Iowa. Never mention the 15+ years prior.

Reactions: RothMatt
and schedule bad teams, and find the worst bowl teams to play in the yearly toilet bowl game
KF needs to get lost. The guy is a joke and it's getting worse. The yearly weak schedule bails him out every year. Rinse and repeat. KF is a joke. A scam artist and his kid is a meathead, with no talent.
..." find the worst bowl teams.to play"...how dmb r u? He has nothing to do with who we play in bowl games...boy oh boy, a new record for stupidity, and u set it!! Congrats.

It's funny how Kirk and Barta do this and always go back to 15'. Not last 10 years it has always well ever since 2015... It's crap and remind me when ISU fans use to come on here everything when talking about the series with them they would always reference from 98' when they finally beat Iowa. Never mention the 15+ years prior.

Police this:

Big Ten was re-written for the start of the 2011 season. Pretty good starting point for a new era of Big Ten football.

Iowa 97-55

unL 75-72

Cut in half, or most recent 6 years -for better clarity/program trajectory.

Iowa 51-23

unL 23-45

This is reality. These are facts, and can never be changed. This is the new standard of college football & the Big Ten Conference.

To customize this and leave unL out, this is good for 4th in Big Ten.

Last edited:
The TRUTH is Brian Ferentz career in coaching plateaued at the position coach level. He doesn't have the acumen for anything above the position coach level. Keeping Brian on the staff is postponing the inevitable for his career in football. His time as a coach at Iowa is nearing an end. An honorable person would admit he has failed as a offensive coordinator/ QB coach. Using the G Kittle word for a bad situation things are going to get shitty for him soon.

Not going to lie. Couldn't tell by reading the headline if I was going to read a satire article but I guess OP is serious...

Funny thing is immobile qb, young OL and even RBs Iowa knew in Spring what they had last year. The 2 hurt OL Davidkov RS frosh who had never played and Britt who has barely seen the field due to injuries. It's not like OL would've been ok if they played. Ince retired well before then. Even before Jones Iowa had lost 3 WRs to the portal. Came in with 2 soph. RBs with limited playing time and the statue Petras. Yet the Ferentzs went with status quo. Stubborn KF waited a year too long to embrace the portal and doubled down giving Fredo the QB coach job. The fact that Iowa only brought in a 3rd string TE and didn't address any other position on the field is all on the coaches mainly KF. So they can't play the excuse card with depth and injuries.

But everything Iowa did this year was just as worse than the last season when it was pretty awful. You want to make this claim before last season, ok I would've disagreed but least understand the argument a bit. But not after last 2 dreadful seasons. Also your claim of bringing in a new OC to learn a new scheme is ridiculous. Offensive scheme any changes would be minimal with KF still running the show and that's part of Spring ball to learn the new wrinkles if they did.
He waited 1 yr to use tye portal???
...is a complete lie..u have no idea, but I do. Portal was looked at just didn't work out. Keep on with your foolish assumptions.

Maybe Cade came to Iowa because of the weak OC play caller, and asked to be able to have authority to change the play call.
Stanley audibles alot. I just don't think Petras was that sharp reading defenses. Same issue with checking off of primary receivers.

Reactions: GHawk
Police this:

Big Ten was re-written for the start of the 2011 season. Pretty good starting point for a new era of Big Ten football.

Iowa 97-55

unL 75-72

Iowa 59-28

unL 23-45

This is reality. These are facts, and can never be changed. This is the new standard of college football & the Big Ten Conference.

Who cares what bottom feeder Nebraska record was. And maybe tell Kirk to use these metrics. He's the one always referencing from 15' on. Iowa has been good but lot of 2nd and 3rd place finishes in division. During that time still below success of OSU, Michigan, MSU, PSU and Wisconsin. Could have a better winning % of one of those listed but all have more division/conf. titles and NY6 bowl appearances.

If people saying that Brian and his family are being harassed out in public is true that's really disappointing. I don't condone it in any way, and think those people are pretty trashy but people being people it doesn't surprise me at all. She made the choice to marry into a famous family but it's not his kids' fault dad is an entitled, greedy turd.....but at this point he's made that decision to bring that on his family. Doesn't seem his fathering insticts are much better than his OC or QB coach coach. Actually seems like a pretty dumb dude
Would you say that to his face?

• Haha
Reactions: RothMatt
Police this:

Iowa 97-55

unL 75-72

Iowa 59-28

unL 23-45

Are you sure those are facts????Iowa played 87 games in 6 years???? Impressive.

and schedule bad teams, and find the worst bowl teams to play in the yearly toilet bowl game
KF needs to get lost. The guy is a joke and it's getting worse. The yearly weak schedule bails him out every year. Rinse and repeat. KF is a joke. A scam artist and his kid is a meathead, with no talent.
Correct.

He waited 1 yr to use tye portal???
...is a complete lie..u have no idea, but I do. Portal was looked at just didn't work out. Keep on with your foolish assumptions.
Yeah that 3rd string TE was a real game changer.... He looked at it but didn't work out = he didn't use it. But since you are in the know please enlighten us why he brought in only 1 player when there were several position groups that could've used an upgrade.

Also speaking of being foolish you are the only one standing on a hill defending Kirk's incompetent son. But keep drinking the kool aid...

We just came off a miserable yr of OFF injuries, to include both oline and wr. On top of that BF was stuck with a immobile inaccurate pro style QB. Goodluck to anyone trying to move that OFF.

Now we have a mobile and accurate QB, a stud RB, a great TE transfer to go with 1 or 2 studs already, a great looking WR transfer to gonl with some healed up wrs in Nico and Bostick along with a couple big bodied wr recruits and most importantlya plethora of healthy and new olineman. They'll most likely be another wr (speedster) added before its all done if things play out right.

Because of all this, and how next yr is lining up to be a good run with plenty of experience, it wouldn't make sense to burn the year trying to transition into an entirely new OFF scheme.

I expect great things and a calming of the craziness after next yr as the OFF will be much improved. But, if it's not, BF will be gone, and probably gone from Iowa.
hitting-someone-with-a-bat-hitting-a-guy-into-a-screen.gif

Youre right, he is..now should we compare how many OFF NFL players hes had vs other similar programs??..again your statements are moronic.
He's not here to load the NFL with players. Win championships and other meaningful games by putting players in a position to do so. That's his job and it's not happening and it won't with a half a team.
You are person who has to rely on calling people names rather than having a rational disagreement. Grow the hell up. Why are you not making bold predictions from all the inside info you say you have. The law of averages say you will nail one of them eventually.
Many don't agree with you, deal with it.

Cade is not mobile. He isn't a complete statue, moves around the pocket well and occasionally picks up a yard or two when the pass rush overplays. However, the notion that he is a threat with his feet is 100% inaccurate. In fact, one of the reasons he lost his job is the other guy can run and thus brought a new dimension to the Umich O. If you are expecting Cade to br a runner, especially after his injury, you are going to be highly disappointed.
Exactly!!!!

Reactions: FatBrian4Prez
Spot on gunner
Lots of variables here however I do know and understand that it doesn't matter so much who is at QB, WR and RB...if you can't block the DL or LB's and a cement shoed QB has two seconds to throw the ball to non P5 WRs and walkons the results will be poor. However, you have to scheme for that and do the best with what you've got and at some point in a business the manager/VP/CEO takes responsbility for the Jimmy's and Joes and shakes things up.

This line cracks me up. If only the coaching staff had some time to find a different quarterback.
Or maybe in the 4 prior years they still couldn’t gage his mobility or accuracy.
Stop making excuses for the Ferentz clan. They are what they are.

This line cracks me up. If only the coaching staff had some time to find a different quarterback.
Or maybe in the 4 prior years they still couldn’t gage his mobility or accuracy.
Stop making excuses for the Ferentz clan. They are what they are.
You're right, as a team, and based on wins and losses, not OFF stats, they are clearly overachievers!! Glad we agree in the facts!

He's not here to load the NFL with players. Win championships and other meaningful games by putting players in a position to do so. That's his job and it's not happening and it won't with a half a team.
You are person who has to rely on calling people names rather than having a rational disagreement. Grow the hell up. Why are you not making bold predictions from all the inside info you say you have. The law of averages say you will nail one of them eventually.
He's won plenty of games...moron. Jesus u just keep elevating your non sense and moronic comments. And I've applied plenty of stats to support my case..meanwhile u haven't Mr hypocrite.

2021 - 10wins BIG Champ game
2022- 8 wins 1 game away from BIG Champ game.

Winningest coach in Iowa history.
Coach of the year multiple times
Respected by the likes of Nick Saban and other top program coaches.

Consistently outperforming expectations on a Natl level based on Natl expert opinions. Hes an overachiever, a consistent outperformer.
But I can see how you have trouble knowing and or defining what an overachiever is or does, u bottom feeder.

See those facts u moron!!

Last edited:
Reactions: F5n5
Well there is no question that the QB, WR, and oline situations were bad, but people including Kirk are treating this like it was simply bad luck. The reality is that they've been beyond bad the last 2 years with offensive efficiency trending down for 4 straight years now. If the problem is talent, that has to be on the offensive coaches. If the problem is development, that has to be on the offensive coaches. If the problem is scheme and/or play calling, that too is primarily on the offensive coaches.

One of the problems this group has right now is talent retention and acquisition. It was already hard getting good skill players to come to Iowa and the last 2 years made it a lot harder. Cade and All were great gets, but after these 2 the portal was kind of a bust given the needs at Oline and WR. The staff wasn't able to leverage that initial momentum to acquire any additional proven P5 talent.

I think the offense has to be better next year because of McNamara but the oline is still shaky and right now this team is one QB injury away from looking a whole lot like the last 2 years.

Last edited:
As far as the offense goes, isn't it time to be done with excuses. If the 2023 offense is a total crap show it is time for major changes.
This. The man in charge made this decision. If it blows up in his face he will have to go. I have never said Kirk should be let go until now. Both Ferentz’s get one more year in my opinion.

You're right, as a team, and based on wins and losses, not OFF stats, they are clearly overachievers!! Glad we agree in the facts!
Your wrong. Based on the number of players they continue to put into the NFL they are actually underachievers. They should be winning way more games but they fail at winning games with all the talent they produce

We came off two bad years on O. The worry continues for me. Under Brian we just look lost most of the time. Brian has a history of being an arrogant spoiled child and actually believes he is one of the best OC out there

Brian is the QB coach, so I don’t have much sympathy for the QB not being accurate, that is his position of responsibility. Announcers and writers openly questioned his play-calling. His offense showed zero improvement over the last two years. Four talented WRs transferred out and they brought in a Division II replacement.

I hope they improve but I don’t have much faith in that happening.
Brian sucks what’s the upside

This is the same clown that posted on Tuesday: "Coaching change coming".

He's a joke.

Your wrong. Based on the number of players they continue to put into the NFL they are actually underachievers. They should be winning way more games but they fail at winning games with all the talent they produce
Boy u r not a very bright bulb r u.

Complain about a coach who last year took hisnteam.to a Conf Champ game, then folllowed.it up with being 1 game away the next while dealing with an astronomical number of injuries, to include significant WR and Oline injuires.....do u get it Moron....now whos the insane 1??
Excuses are for , well you know. The fact is under Brian the o has just not been good.
The west has been bad the last two years.
If you think theee and outs continue to be a good game plan to win and helps the d then I give up. They had a full healthy squad the year before and where still one of the worst in all of football . Results speak and his is bad based on facts. If you want to spin it because you like him that’s fine. But for three years the have just been bad. The opportunity cost for this shit offense is not getting g a championship

yes, Mich. and OSU were very weak. BTW, feel sorry for your wife, if any.

Reactions: hawkisoaker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT