ADVERTISEMENT

Keeping it classy in the Dirty D

Meantime, inside.....

Alex, what is a place Tenacious E will never go? Gawd. We stayed at the embassy suites in KC over the weekend and I won't even go to the "manager's reception" because I don't want to fight the unwashed for "free" Captain Admiral and diets. We just bought some wine and such to imbibe while watching the Bama/Auburn game before we Lyfted to A Christmas Carol. I know I am on the precipice of being "get off my lawn" guy. Well, no I am that guy. If you are walking your dog, get off my lawn if you are SOTE that doesn't pick up the poop. We have 2 dogs and I pick up enough poop as it is. csb.

Alex, what is a place Tenacious E will never go? Gawd. We stayed at the embassy suites in KC over the weekend and I won't even go to the "manager's reception" because I don't want to fight the unwashed for "free" Captain Admiral and diets. We just bought some wine and such to imbibe while watching the Bama/Auburn game before we Lyfted to A Christmas Carol. I know I am on the precipice of being "get off my lawn" guy. Well, no I am that guy. If you are walking your dog, get off my lawn if you are SOTE that doesn't pick up the poop. We have 2 dogs and I pick up enough poop as it is. csb.
The crazy thing is, Shenanigans used to have a pretty decent lunch crowd of business people, etc. Then it got stabby.

Reactions: Tunadog and GOHOX69
f1d4d5eea8cdad55d6bc6cecf9cbaa5d.jpg

My sister works at a junior high in the Davenport area. Over Thanksgiving, she told us there have been ~400 reports of violent conduct so far this year. Out of control.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Nope, that is lovely downtown Davenport on a holiday weekend evening!
Trying hard to do its best Rock Island impression. Well, at least the Rock Island I remember from the early 90s. Maybe it's changed.

And, to put on my political hat, the part that REALLY galls me is that the Davenport City Council - a home rule city in Iowa - has voted TWICE to shut this place down, once after a stabbing, once after a shooting, only to have a state administrative law judge reverse the decision at the bequest of the Iowa Alcoholic Beverage Division and its addiction to the sweet, sweet blood-stained lucre of beverage tax revenue.

You should have given me more of a heads up, E. I could have sent some hookers and blow over.

What happened to the days of just enjoying a bar fight. Now every idiot rushes to get their phone out to record.

Just enjoy the moments, people.

Right, and you leave yourself open as your busy concentrating on phone. Head on a swivel in a bar fight :)

Did the bigger gal lose her pants? Or is that the cool thing these days, take off your pants to fight

What happened to the days of just enjoying a bar fight. Now every idiot rushes to get their phone out to record.

I like the think of those willing to put themselves in harm's way to "storm chase" a brawl as givers and not takers. I salute their bravery and enjoy the videos.

You have raised him right. He would appreciate the hookers.
Well, he appreciated the Chiefs dance squad from row 13. Not as much as the guy in front of me a couple of seats over who was creeping on them with his cell phone. Had one zoomed in super close and took a pic. If a dancer comes up missing he was in section 110, row 12, seat 21 at the Raiders game and she was the shorter blonde on the end.
This is from their website. I think she was the blonde in the far right.
adsl0apqxyrenhuorhlt.jpg

Oh, and for the 9 dancers in the picture: 4,9,8,7,6,5,1,3, 2 M2FL

Last edited:
Reactions: cigaretteman
My sister works at a junior high in the Davenport area. Over Thanksgiving, she told us there have been ~400 reports of violent conduct so far this year. Out of control.
Sounds like Williams?

Right, and you leave yourself open as your busy concentrating on phone. Head on a swivel in a bar fight :)

Did the bigger gal lose her pants? Or is that the cool thing these days, take off your pants to fight

I think it has something to do with bounce dancing:

The Davenport police should focus on that and try to stop it.

It might help the cops a lot if they had better pizza.
90 Police calls to Shenanigans over the last 12 months. Pull their license again.

I met a guy in Davenport who had just moved into town. He went into Shenanigans to watch a football game and eat some wings, have a beer. Couple of black guys in the bar, you know, not big deal. Woke up the next day after getting roofied. Beat up, apartment robbed, bank account cleaned out via ATM. Nice place.

I met a guy in Davenport who had just moved into town. He went into Shenanigans to watch a football game and eat some wings, have a beer. Couple of black guys in the bar, you know, not big deal. Woke up the next day after getting roofied. Beat up, apartment robbed, bank account cleaned out via ATM. Nice place.

LOL at race citation.

Nope, that is lovely downtown Davenport on a holiday weekend evening!
Errr, typical weekend evening. 200 people in a fight. How many like this so far in the last twelve months? 90 Police Calls in the last year. How many fights do you think happen where the police are not called and just a few quick fists are thrown. My guess in almost nightly. Bunch of thugs here.

LOL at race citation.
It is a black bar, what can I say. A few ugly, fat white girls too, but mostly (98%) black clientele. If you walk into a bar and there are rainbow flags outside or on the wall, it is a gay bar. It is what it is.

It is a black bar, what can I say. A few ugly, fat white girls too, but mostly (98%) black clientele. If you walk into a bar and there are rainbow flags outside or on the wall, it is a gay bar. It is what it is.
Was the victim in your story black or was he a 2 percenter?

But what does that have to do with the crime?

90 Police calls to Shenanigans over the last 12 months. Pull their license again.
I'm not from the Quad Cities so I've never been to this apparent shithole, and now that I know about it, I can ensure I never will. I've never supported shutting places like this down. These places should be an excellent opportunity for cops to arrest the shit out of some very problematic and dangerous people. I'm going to assume it's a huge hub for gang activity. Keep it open and build some cases doing undercover work. And plus, you think all these people causing problems just stay home if you close it down? They're like rats after an abandoned building comes down. They'll flee to the next place and ruin something for somebody else.

There's a place around here that sounds like it's kind of followed the same path. The city tries shutting it down but then they win another appeal at the state level. But guess what? There are always cops outside and they keep everything contained. And when problems spill out they're on it. And anyone who doesn't want to be a part of that stays away from it

I'm not from the Quad Cities so I've never been to this apparent shithole, and now that I know about it, I can ensure I never will. I've never supported shutting places like this down. These places should be an excellent opportunity for cops to arrest the shit out of some very problematic and dangerous people. I'm going to assume it's a huge hub for gang activity. Keep it open and build some cases doing undercover work. And plus, you think all these people causing problems just stay home if you close it down? They're like rats after an abandoned building comes down. They'll flee to the next place and ruin something for somebody else.

There's a place around here that sounds like it's kind of followed the same path. The city tries shutting it down but then they win another appeal at the state level. But guess what? There are always cops outside and they keep everything contained. And when problems spill out they're on it. And anyone who doesn't want to be a part of that stays away from it
The problem is this place is downtown just across the street from three other thriving bars. Downtown Davenport has worked very hard to improve its reputation as a fun place to go and to live. Currently, there are inquiries with the city to build nearly 600 new apartment units downtown. That is a lot in a city of just over 100,000 people. Shut it down.

Reactions: torbee

I don’t know man. If I had a phone that recorded vids in college, I would have recorded every damn 2AM drunk fight I witnessed outside of the IC Pancheros.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT