ADVERTISEMENT

Keith Duncan appreciation thread

giphy.gif

Duncan is the man! Hasn't missed a kick yet this year! Those were VERY hard kicking conditions today. He only missed 2 FG's and 1 PAT in 16. His percentages are great! He doesn't miss clutch kicks. What is probably more amazing. He starts as a true freshman. Then gets passed over for the next two years. Even though he had a great season! MOST guys would have transferred out. Thank God Mr. Duncan did not! What a team guy; got to be glad when games like this happen for guys like him!

Nate didn’t have a great game, but we would have surely lost had he not used his feet and made that sick 3rd and 22 throw.

He was actually more dangerous running tonight. I will admit to being critical of him in the first half and honestly, he was bad in the first half. He manned up in the second half. I am happy for him and I hope this propels him and the team to higher heights this year.

Reactions: owenhawk
Not to mention kicking off a poor surface with the weather and minus 1 the other 3 weren’t chip shots.

He was actually more dangerous running tonight. I will admit to being critical of him in the first half and honestly, he was bad in the first half. He manned up in the second half. I am happy for him and I hope this propels him and the team to higher heights this year.

I agree - I like that he’s using his feet more this year. He’s not C.J. Beathard or Brad Banks, but it’s good to see him tuck it and run for 5-7 yards a couple of times a game. It gives our offense a badly needed spark.

Ohhh shut up Duncan gets the game ball. Nate didn't play bad but he didn't play good. This is an appreciation thread and Duncan gets the appreciation for scoring almost all of our points.......

Your next intelligent post will be your first.

Last edited:

And that is what he did against Mississippi St. The common complaint about Nate up through the first 2/3rds of his career - and it was a valid complaint - as a starter was his inability to come up big in the clutch he has been doing that in his last few big games. As fair as it was to criticize him through those tough losses last year ... it is also fair to give him his props for the last 6 Games since the Northwestern loss.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
I agree - I like that he’s using his feet more this year. He’s not C.J. Beathard or Brad Banks, but it’s good to see him tuck it and run for 5-7 yards a couple of times a game. It gives our offense a badly needed spark.
I'm sure it sucks to be the guy who has to tackle him, too. He's a beast.

He’s done a nice job this year so far. Lots of clutch kicks tonight on the road, on a bad field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT